That won't be a problem, because it's not spam. If you feel more comfortable PMing me, that would work too. If you don't feel comfortable doing either, no problem there either.
    no no i'll pm you lol
    09-28-14 09:56 PM
    That won't be a problem, because it's not spam. If you feel more comfortable PMing me, that would work too. If you don't feel comfortable doing either, no problem there either.
    Since he's PMing you, can you post the links in the thread, please? I'd like to take a look at them.

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    09-28-14 10:03 PM
    Since "She's" PMing you, can you post the links in the thread, please? I'd like to take a look at them.

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    ....not to be THAT person but a little peek at someones profile may suggest an edit to the quoted post in the near future ;P
    09-28-14 10:05 PM
    Since he's PMing you, can you post the links in the thread, please? I'd like to take a look at them.
    https://forums.att.com/t5/BlackBerry...4045050#M57196

https://forums.att.com/t5/BlackBerry...4098166#M57225

(formality: thanks to scipizoa, but I assume responsibility for posting the two links above. So if anybody should be banned, it should be me lol.)
    SteelGreek and WWBlondieDo like this.
    09-28-14 10:18 PM
    So if no Verizon, where is the leaked white model? Was it canceled?
    09-29-14 08:05 PM
    I really want the passport and I'm soo disappointed if verizon doesn't get it. I seriously am thinking about jumping ship but I've had no problems with verizon at all. Knowing my luck I would jump ship then a month later verizon would have the white passport lol... anyway can someone tell me how the service is new York, preferably manhattan, Brooklyn and Staten island. thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:13 PM
    I really want the passport and I'm soo disappointed if verizon doesn't get it. I seriously am thinking about jumping ship but I've had no problems with verizon at all. Knowing my luck I would jump ship then a month later verizon would have the white passport lol... anyway can someone tell me how the service is new York, preferably manhattan, Brooklyn and Staten island. thanks
    For AT&T or T-Mobile?

For TMO, here is the more reliable and accurate way to find out: T-Mobile Test Drive | Try our 4G LTE Network for Free

^^You'll have to put up with an iPhone for a week, but you get to firsthand figure out how their coverage is in the places around you.

AT&T...nothing quite as reliable. You can check out sensorly.com and search by zip code(s), but ultimately that's still user reported data.
    09-29-14 08:44 PM
    Wow, that's pretty cool. The coverage (or lack there of) is the dealer killer for me.

I'll try that and if I get good coverage I'm on my way to TMo when my PP (finally) gets here.

GBA
    09-29-14 08:53 PM
    I hope it is not like the Torch. We never got that device. We got the Storm. But that was quite a while ago though.
    09-29-14 09:07 PM
    Do we thin T-MOBILE will ever carry the Passport? Lol!
    10-09-14 07:23 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Keep pressuring Verizon to request the Passport....

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 07:32 PM
    Do we thin T-MOBILE will ever carry the Passport? Lol!
    T-Mobile USA? Most likely not.
    10-09-14 07:38 PM
    Maybe AT&T exclusivity could rebuild the brand? It's just an idea, but it's natural to WANT something you CAN'T have. Maybe that could build blackberry up a bit by ONLY releasing it on ONE carrier. Build the demand and supply the Passport 2 next year.

Posted via Q10RR
    10-09-14 08:02 PM
    Any passport verizon rumors? I'm still interested

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 06:31 PM
    Any passport verizon rumors? I'm still interested

Posted via CB10
    If there's any rumors, you'd think they'd have popped up in the past 10 months...

Magic 8 ball says no, go look elsewhere. Other phones or other carriers.
    07-19-15 07:08 PM
    . No doubt... just my wishful thinking

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 07:20 PM
    To be fair if verizon weren't scumbag, the international passport would work on their network data-only and then voice once volte was enabled.

But they won't do that, they like their lock-in. I just tried a verizon SIM in my passport and it went emergency calls only. It threw up all their customizations though to my background and such.

I hope there's a massive FCC fine for not allowing outside devices on their band 13 spectrum. Google stepped in on the auction and forced an open access for license holders of it. Verizon has not been playing ball. They got away with blocking the Nexus 7 and continue to block other devices like the Passport. http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...-away-with-it/

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    07-19-15 09:44 PM
    To be fair if verizon weren't scumbag, the international passport would work on their network data-only and then voice once volte was enabled.

But they won't do that, they like their lock-in. I just tried a verizon SIM in my passport and it went emergency calls only. It threw up all their customizations though to my background and such.

I hope there's a massive FCC fine for not allowing outside devices on their band 13 spectrum. Google stepped in on the auction and forced an open access for license holders of it. Verizon has not been playing ball. They got away with blocking the Nexus 7 and continue to block other devices like the Passport. http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...-away-with-it/

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for posting the article. Very interesting.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 10:50 PM
    I'd go even further to suggest verizon and at&t have colluded to make 700mhz uncompetitive territory.

At&t created band 17 (a subset of band 12) which was incompatible with the 700a licenses rural carriers and t-mobile purchased. Band 12 was meant to cover all lower 700 licenses but this was done in the name of potential TV interference. I'm aware AT&T put a roaming the plan to work with the other band in the future but this had the side effect of keeping band 12 phones off the market due to economy of scale and I believe the smaller carriers should pursue damages because of this. In fact, one such suit was filed http://www.wirelessweek.com/news/201...eged-collusion

Verizon uses band 13 but at&t phones that normally have band 13 or band 4 UMTS from Blackberry usually have these bands disabled on the spec sheets? Is this to suggest the phones could not be used on verizon or t-mobile. I ran one of these band 4 phones unlocked (the Z10) and it was magically enabled once it was unlocked. The AT&T passport has band 13 disabled, why? No way Blackberry modified the hardware to disable just that band.

We don't really have to dig further to see other ways the major carriers colluded. When the IMEI blacklist sharing began, manufacturer lists were shared between the carriers. Previous 'foreign' phones I could use on cheap plans from at&t got flagged because they originated from carriers like T-Mobile.

The TL;DR of the above is, 700mhz spectrum has been dirty, corrupt business and I would not be surprised at all if AT&T and Verizon have a gentleman's agreement in place to not let their equipment roam on each other's networks as well as a cooperative agreement to make it very difficult to allow their devices on smaller networks without some serious loss of functionality.

Posted via the CB10 on me red Blackberry Passport
    raino likes this.
    07-19-15 11:19 PM
    I'm sorry for this discombobulated post that's all over the place. Operating on very little sleep and a lot of caffeine

I hope there's a massive FCC fine for not allowing outside devices on their band 13 spectrum. Google stepped in on the auction and forced an open access for license holders of it. Verizon has not been playing ball. They got away with blocking the Nexus 7 and continue to block other devices like the Passport. Verizon blocks Nexus 7 and will probably get away with it | Ars Technica
    I too thought band 13 was the Passport's "in" to Verizon, but a difference--perhaps the deal breaker--between the Passport and a Nexus 7 is that the latter is clearly classifiable (by Verizon) as a tablet. But what's a Passport to Verizon? A tablet, despite being a phone and having a phone's IMEI? Or is it still a phone, albeit one of the many others that can't be used on Verizon's CDMA voice networks?

I know of a guy who actually got into it with Verizon legal because his tablet (may have been a Nexus 7) wasn't being activated by Verizon. He challenged them based on the band 13 open access rules, and ultimately after a bit of foot dragging, he was allowed in. But with the Passport, I'm guessing most buyers would want to use it as a phone and not a tablet. But there are two barriers that keep them out: the lack of Verizon-flashed CDMA, and the phone not being in Verizon's IMEI whitelist (which can be bypassed with a 'trick.') Even devices with LTE b13+Verizon CDMA-friendly bands (like the Nexus 5) aren't let in because Verizon decides which phones are to allowed. But even the Nexus 5 didn't have LTE band 13, so the Passport SQW -1 is very unique in that sense--a phone without any CDMA whatsoever but LTE b13 in it.

But should the Passport be allowed in as a data-only device? I think so. I wouldn't recommend going to war over it with Verizon like the guy did for this tablet since it's not so clear cut, but I don't see it as too different from a Nexus 7 if you want to use it simply as a tablet.

Even voLTE is not a guarantee because for the Passport SQW -1 and similar subsequent phones to get on Verizon's voLTE network, the carrier would have to make voLTE "open access" for all devices that have the LTE bands for whichever network VZ runs voice on. Based on what TMO has done so far (pick and choose which phones can do voLTE i.e. not make voLTE open access,) I'm not very optimistic.

I'd go even further to suggest verizon and at&t have colluded to make 700mhz uncompetitive territory.

At&t created band 17 (a subset of band 12) which was incompatible with the 700a licenses rural carriers and t-mobile purchased. Band 12 was meant to cover all lower 700 licenses but this was done in the name of potential TV interference. I'm aware AT&T put a roaming the plan to work with the other band in the future but this had the side effect of keeping band 12 phones off the market due to economy of scale and I believe the smaller carriers should pursue damages because of this. In fact, one such suit was filed C Spire Sues AT & T Over Alleged Collusion
    Interesting. I do remember they argued against 12/17 interoperability because it would cost too much and there would be interference. But then they did an about face and got it done.

Are there even any LTE roaming agreements in place right now (for voice, or even just data?) TMO probably owns the largest number of band 12 licenses, but if they can't roam on AT&T's band 17 network (even for the 50-100MB TMO allows,) it's a moot point for now.

Verizon uses band 13 but at&t phones that normally have band 13 or band 4 UMTS from Blackberry usually have these bands disabled on the spec sheets? Is this to suggest the phones could not be used on verizon or t-mobile. I ran one of these band 4 phones unlocked (the Z10) and it was magically enabled once it was unlocked.
    There aren't a whole lot of non-Verizon BBs with LTE b13, so I don't think the spec sheets hide LTE band 13--the phones without it are just manufactured as so. Vis a vis the US, it would be pointless to include it in a non-Verizon phone anyway--you can't use it on Verizon without CDMA flashing and IMEI approval. Plus, BB is a very goody two shoes OEM, so I wouldn't be surprised the Passport has band 13 because Telus in Canada is running trials, and not because they wanted to mess with Verizon.

UMTS 1700 is 'hidden' in AT&T phones, yes. And with their Passport, it got even more absurd--a 900 MHz band (UMTS or LTE, atm I can't recall which it was) was also not displayed when an AT&T SIM was in the phone. This is a global band, so it makes no sense to 'hide' it like UMTS 1700.

The AT&T passport has band 13 disabled, why? No way Blackberry modified the hardware to disable just that band.
    I think it was just manufactured that way, like almost all other phones are. AFAIK, the Nexus 6 is the only phone where the Big Four all sell the same model of the phone.

Also of note is that there was something weird going on with Verizon Z30s. These phones have LTE band 4, but they don't pick up LTE on TMO (with a TMO SIM in the phone) in all the band 4 places they should. It works better in Canada though--I haven't heard about any problems getting b4 LTE on the carriers there.

The TL;DR of the above is, 700mhz spectrum has been dirty, corrupt business
    Do you think there's a possibility the same will happen with the 600 MHz auctions? IIRC, TMO sat out the 700 MHz auctions and AFAIK, Sprint doesn't have any licenses so they must have too?
    07-20-15 09:42 PM
    I think if someone could tells us how to get around the imei whitelist, and just get data only many Verizon BlackBerry fans would jump at the chance! I know I would!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 08:24 PM
    I think if someone could tells us how to get around the imei whitelist, and just get data only many Verizon BlackBerry fans would jump at the chance! I know I would!
    Sorry, I misspoke. What the IMEI "trick" is you basically activating a non-approved device using a Verizon-approved IMEI. AFAIK, this can only be done with tablets. A real world example is the Nexus 7, which, when it was not in Verizon's system initially, was still activated on Verizon by savvy owners who gave Verizon an IMEI# for an approved tablet (like a store's floor model.) This can't be done with the Passport, possibly because of the missing CDMA bands.
    07-23-15 08:34 PM
247 ... 8910