Add me to the list of disappointed Verizon subscribers.
    +1

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 04:33 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 04:51 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 04:53 PM
    Ok so some users like Thurask and Sacha have found listings for a CDMA variant provisioned for in the 10.3 OS coding for us Verizon users. It exists, in coding so far alone and not spotted, and there is no release date/time.
    This part, so ur saying there might be a CDMA version then?
    09-25-14 05:02 PM
    Very very sad that verizon as of now will not carry the passport. Honestly I don't get it. If your Blackberry verizon should be the first USA company to go after cause they have the most people. It's gonna suck knowing everyone will have a passport and verizon customers being left out of the dark. I don't know how blackberry could be sitting comfortably knowing the top USA cellphone service provider will not have their phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:08 PM
    Looks like Verizon is throwing their support behind the Classic instead. Going forward they probably only see value in BlackBerry providing the Bold and the Classic (I'm sure they will discontinue the Q10 once the classic comes out).

Posted via CB10
    As you can no longer get a Z30, from vzw but can still get bold your theory has merit...IMO
    09-25-14 05:11 PM
    I'll do whatever (email, tweet, etc.) to get the Passport to Verizon! THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    09-25-14 05:13 PM
    Crackberry, please make a poll/petition about this topic!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:23 PM
    I'm tweeted @Verizon @VerizonWireless @VZWSupport @BlackBerry asking to bring the Passport on board. I will be scheduling tweets for how many days until I get a respond of some sort. I know, kind of desperate. lol

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    09-25-14 05:37 PM
    I'm tweeted @Verizon @VerizonWireless @VZWSupport @BlackBerry asking to bring the Passport on board. I will be scheduling tweets for how many days until I get a respond of some sort. I know, kind of desperate. lol

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    How do you automate tweets?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    09-25-14 05:41 PM
    How do you automate tweets?

I use Blaq so when you're composing a tweet you'll just go to the settings button next to the smiley face on the right and you're able to schedule tweets.

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    09-25-14 06:06 PM
    I use Blaq so when you're composing a tweet you'll just go to the settings button next to the smiley face on the right and you're able to schedule tweets.

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    Is it a bb only app?

09-25-14 06:10 PM
    Is it a bb only app?

Yea it is

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    09-25-14 06:17 PM
    This part, so ur saying there might be a CDMA version then?
    Yes, based on their findings in the OS. Now, whether or not it ever sees the light of a release day is impossible to know...
    INCREMENTAL likes this.
    09-25-14 06:24 PM
    Off topic. Anyone know if its possible to run bbry on a VM? So I can run said app

09-25-14 06:33 PM
    +1

+1

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:39 PM
    Crackberry, please make a poll/petition about this topic!
    I'm really kind of surprised it hasn't been covered by team Crackberry already? I feel like this is a pretty big issue...?

-RYknow
    09-25-14 06:49 PM
    There would be no point in making a CDMA phone, just to sell on Shop BBerry for instance, if the two CDMA carriers in the states maintain their policy of not allowing a non-branded phone in their CDMA side. Where would you use it?
    You are right about this... I agree what will be the point? that is why I say it's about timing. ATT exclusive will not last forever and CDMA could be sold by carriers them self. No by ShBBy just as its is now with current devices sold on ShBBy. None are CDMA.

Posted from myZ30 via CB10 app
    09-25-14 07:32 PM
    Chen said somewhere yesterday it wouldn't be limited to AT&T but a certain amount of time ^

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:14 PM
    What a buzz kill... I want the Passport... But I still have Verizon unlimited.
    09-25-14 09:54 PM
    I can end any speculation about the Passport working on Verizon: it does not. Tried all day here in Reno and no luck. At AT&T now to add it to my family share plan and see how it does on on their network.

Kurt

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:10 PM
    What a buzz kill... I want the Passport... But I still have Verizon unlimited.
    Same, I was hoping to go try one out in store to see if it's worthy of being my Q10's successor or if the intentionally crippled QWERTY would prompt me to continue using the Q10 until BlackBerry releases a worthy Q10 successor and I'm definitely not going to give up my unlimited 4G LTE data plan.

And before anyone says, "Classic"; no, absolutely not. Trackpad on BB10 is just BlackBerry's way of trying to get legacy users to finally upgrade from their 4-5 year old devices. I neither want nor need a trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    medic22003 likes this.
    09-25-14 10:11 PM
    Chen said somewhere yesterday it wouldn't be limited to AT&T but a certain amount of time ^

Posted via CB10
    I thought that was Telus he was talking about

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:32 PM
    Maybe White Passport is for Verizon vs Black Passport is for AT&T.. Just guess

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but there is a lot of denial going on in this thread. Even if they make a Passport that is CDMA it has to be a Verizon branded phone. Verizon's company policy is simply: they only allow CDMA phones that are Verizon branded on their network. This is why Sprint phones aren't allowed and therefore Verizon will not activate it on their network.

Unlike GSM, CDMA allows a carrier to lock out and prevent phones from being used on their network.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-25-14 10:40 PM
    I'll do whatever (email, tweet, etc.) to get the Passport to Verizon! THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    AT&T will be the exclusive carrier in the US. Meaning it will be a minimum of 6 months.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:45 PM
247 ... 34567 ...