Woah, whoa, whoa!! Everybody take a breath - especially Verizon users. Has there been any official confirmation that BlackBerry has decided not to make a CDMA Passport?

Look how the Z30 launch went. It took more than a month after the global launch for the Z30 to come to Verizon. No CDMA version of the Passport **YET** could simply be a matter of timing. We could easily see a Verizon Passport hit the FCC in late October for a November launch.

So unless somebody has direct and official confirmation that there will not be a Verizon Passport, I say it's still in the works. The glass is still half full.
    Ok so some users like Thurask and Sacha have found listings for a CDMA variant provisioned for in the 10.3 OS coding for us Verizon users. It exists, in coding so far alone and not spotted, and there is no release date/time.

I wish we could just do what *shudder* Apple does and order all the devices online and simply select our Carrier. I love that BB made them available day one online, and this is a step in the right direction, but Verizon isn't also the only CDMA carrier in the world.
    09-25-14 11:20 AM
    Anyway, I know Passport will do well (in sales) and will produce CDMA version or dual system in the future. I am pretty sure BB has it patented already, it's just a matter of timing. Feel for you that have to wait.
    Posted from myZ30 via CB10 app
    There would be no point in making a CDMA phone, just to sell on Shop BBerry for instance, if the two CDMA carriers in the states maintain their policy of not allowing a non-branded phone in their CDMA side. Where would you use it?
    lift likes this.
    09-25-14 11:20 AM
    So about the non-branded phone policy... what is the big opposition for a deal to be struck by Verizon / Sprint / CDMA carriers to allow a branding partnership where BlackBerry is able to sell phones online at shopblackberry, but still gives some cut to the carrier of the devices that they end up servicing (it's easy money on the carriers end since they don't have to promote it). And on BlackBerry's end, they at least get to keep moving forward into the market, albeit at a slow pace, and are able to make a phone reasonably based on demand. I'm guessing that after all the numbers are crunched that it just doesn't prove costly for either side? Hopefully in the next few months a CDMA variant will pass through the FCC.
    09-25-14 11:41 AM
    Can't we just get a lot of people to tweet them to support the Passport? It worked for Rogers customers with the Z30 so maybe it will work for Verizon customers as well.

Posted via CB10
    ilikebacon and allsportsfan like this.
    09-25-14 12:02 PM
    Can't we just get a lot of people to tweet them to support the Passport? It worked for Rogers customers with the Z30 so maybe it will work for Verizon customers as well.

Posted via CB10
    Hey im in, if it means getting passport on vzw

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    levinej likes this.
    09-25-14 12:07 PM
    I've tried, always tweet back a Damn link to news website for them. BS

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    09-25-14 12:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't hurt.

What the what?
    09-25-14 12:14 PM
    I've tried, always tweet back a Damn link to news website for them. BS

Yeah, that too. I tweeted AT&T a few days ago to ask about the PP and got a tweet back that they would have "several " berries by year end. I would still try it.

What the what?
    09-25-14 12:20 PM
    who do we tweet tho verizon or vzwsupport?
    09-25-14 12:25 PM
    who do we tweet tho verizon or vzwsupport?
    Probably both I have tweeted Verizon Vzwsupoort and VerizonWireless

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 12:30 PM
    sir yes sir! by the time i'm done vzw will have me blocked on all they twitter accounts ^^ I intend on asking every day til the day they block me or announce passport officially :0
    ilikebacon likes this.
    09-25-14 12:32 PM
    sir yes sir! by the time i'm done vzw will have me blocked on all they twitter accounts ^^ I intend on asking every day til the day they block me or announce passport officially :0
    I hardly ever go on Twitter, but I think you have just inspired me my friend. I have always been good at obnoxious, I too will tweet them everyday...how does it feel to be a muse?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 12:59 PM
    would calling customer support be to obnoxious??
    09-25-14 01:01 PM
    I hardly ever go on Twitter, but I think you have just inspired me my friend. I have always been good at obnoxious, I too will tweet them everyday...how does it feel to be a muse?

Posted via CB10
    Do it up- I'm all for the annoyance!
    09-25-14 01:03 PM
    I called yesterday and told them to forward that I want to buy it. That's what everyone should do.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:19 PM
    I called yesterday and told them to forward that I want to buy it. That's what everyone should do.

Posted via CB10
    Please call for me too

Verizon Z30 running 10.3.0.1154 on CB10. My boring channel but has cute Frenchie puppy pics
    09-25-14 01:31 PM
    Hey im in, if it means getting passport on vzw

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    I'm also in and sent a text to @ verizonwireless yesterday asking about the Passport's availability.

[URL = "bbmc:C0018C14B"] Join She, Me, Her: I am Woman[/URL] Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    09-25-14 02:12 PM
    I'm also in and sent a text to @ verizonwireless yesterday asking about the Passport's availability.

[URL = "bbmc:C0018C14B"] Join She, Me, Her: I am Woman[/URL] Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    dfunno if it helps any when i mentioned passport i used #BlackBerryPassport as a hashtag since i saw bbry doing it yesterday, maybe they'll see it to, i didn't want to be obv and tag @blackberry in it, lol
    09-25-14 02:23 PM
    My exact situation.... Don't get me wrong... I LOVE my z10...specially with the 10.3 leak... but the passport was my next phone...I made my mind up awhile ago. I had my heart set on it, and it was the obvious progression for a Blackberry fan... Totally disappointed...
    Yeah I hear ya. I am on VZW. Bought the Z10 on day 1. Love it. I also have a G2 I use about half the time (switching up between the two). Was kind of thinking I might pick up the Passport. Guess not though. Kind of irks me the way things consolidate down to only a couple of good choices when it comes to carriers and platform choices.
    09-25-14 02:33 PM
    Well after thinking about it, will be buying the Passport and trying att with their goplan. While lowering my vzw out down a few gb. The go plan is prepaid, so will try it for a month or two, see how it goes.

That's what I'm doing too... Maybe gives Verizon and BlackBerry time to get their act together.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:40 PM
    Ok so some users like Thurask and Sacha have found listings for a CDMA variant provisioned for in the 10.3 OS coding for us Verizon users. It exists, in coding so far alone and not spotted, and there is no release date/time.

I wish we could just do what *shudder* Apple does and order all the devices online and simply select our Carrier. I love that BB made them available day one online, and this is a step in the right direction, but Verizon isn't also the only CDMA carrier in the world.
    So what r u saying exactly?
    09-25-14 02:58 PM
    Their is no solid statement saying Verizon won't carry this phone !!!!!! AT&T exclusivity could be a month.
    Fingers crossed and I feel the same way. They could get it for a short amount of time and then availability could come to VZW and Sprint soon after. If this is going to happen I hope it's sooner rather than later.

Posted via Q10
    09-25-14 03:15 PM
    Question is has it ever happened?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    09-25-14 03:30 PM
    So what r u saying exactly?
    To which part? I said a few things but will clarify
    09-25-14 03:36 PM
    I'll text, tweet, or email whoever I need to, to get this ball rolling!! There is NO REASON the passport shouldn't be offered to Verizon. Some have made the argument that CDMA is dying and VW should jump ship. Well, from the nearest I can tell, in order for them to do that, it would be a fairly lengthy process (2-ish years). In my opinion.. that's a life cycle for a device. Just seems foolish to not be on Verizon.

Some previous posts have been more optimistic then I'm feeling at the moment. I really hope those posts will be true. One post mentioned an exlusive White Passport for Verizon! That would be a dream scenario for me! I want white! haha

-RYknow
    09-25-14 03:44 PM
247 ... 23456 ...