I've noticed that sometimes I can slide my finger across the 3-row keyboard to scroll through my app screens. But, sometimes it does NOT work. For example, right now I have to swipe right on the screen to see all my apps. Yesterday I was able to scroll through my apps by swiping right or left on the keyboard.

Has anyone noticed this? Do I need to toggle something? I don't always like touching my screen.

Thanks.
    09-23-15 06:18 PM
    Its happened to me a few times. A rest always work.
    09-23-15 07:38 PM
    Yes, I have noticed that on my Passport SE. It comes and goes. Don't know if I accidentally swiped something to disable it and then accidentally swiped something to bring that feature back. I was showing my nephew my phone last weekend and showed him this feature and luckily, it worked that day. Has continued to work since that day. A few days prior to that, it did not work. When it does not work, the up and down swiping of the keyboard works for moving the screen up and down. Just not left and right.

Let's hope someone can enlighten us on this and that it is not because we have defective phones.
    09-23-15 07:43 PM
    Maybe it's a minor bug. Right now my battery life is below 25%. I don't know if the battery life is related to this problem. Anyways, I will run a few trial and error tests to see if I can identify the source of the problem.
    09-23-15 08:02 PM
    It can only swipe from your apps and active frames. Once you enter the hub, you need to touch the screen again.

It always works for me but I almost never use it because it's useless, one way or another you must move to the touch screen to open the app and it's much quicker if your finger is already on the screen
    09-23-15 08:27 PM
    It can only swipe from your apps and active frames. Once you enter the hub, you need to touch the screen again.

It always works for me but I almost never use it because it's useless, one way or another you must move to the touch screen to open the app and it's much quicker if your finger is already on the screen
    Sometimes it doesn't let me scroll between app screens, even when I'm not in the hub.

Anyways, I shut off my phone and rebooted. I can now use my keyboard as a trackpad again. So, if anyone else was having my same problem, just try powering off and on your phone. That worked for me.

Have a nice day.
    09-23-15 08:46 PM
    I notice it after using whatsapp and other android apps
    Please help
    Halfberry likes this.
    09-29-15 06:04 AM
    Sometimes it doesn't let me scroll between app screens, even when I'm not in the hub.

Anyways, I shut off my phone and rebooted. I can now use my keyboard as a trackpad again. So, if anyone else was having my same problem, just try powering off and on your phone. That worked for me.

Have a nice day.
    I've only come across this one so far after having a Passport for about a week. A quick reboot did the trick for me too and hasn't happened since. I think this is a software issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 08:20 AM
    Reboot doesn't fix it forever. It will happen again. Welcome passport bug world.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 09:31 AM
    Same for me. A reboot solve this issue.

Posted via  Blackberry Passport (SE) - Singapore
    Last edited by seeto84-SG; 09-29-15 at 10:56 AM.
    09-29-15 10:38 AM
    Sometimes this happens on my SE too, I haven't tried a reboot yet, but after a while it starts working again. Interesting too: It only happens on the homescreen, the capacitive keyboard keeps working on other apps. Maybe some glitch, since that scrolling on homescreen feature is rather new.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 11:21 AM
    Sometimes this happens on my SE too, I haven't tried a reboot yet, but after a while it starts working again. Interesting too: It only happens on the homescreen, the capacitive keyboard keeps working on other apps. Maybe some glitch, since that scrolling on homescreen feature is rather new.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the last time it happen to me it was on the home screen only. It worked fine within apps.

Not a big issue for me since nearly all my apps are available on the home screen so there is very minimal scrolling for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 12:48 PM
    Have the same issue

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 03:42 PM
    I've had the same problem. While a reboot fixed it for me as well, it's not very reassuring.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-30-15 04:45 PM
    I've had the same problem. While a reboot fixed it for me as well, it's not very reassuring.
    After a few reboots, my keyboard trackpad ability has been working fine for a long time now. When I first got my Passport I tried running all the apps to see what they do. I even tried installing new apps. After doing a lot of tinkering that's when I noticed the trackpad stopped working.

Lately, I don't run too many apps. I only use my phone for emails, text messages, calendar, web browser, and the Remember app and Evernote. By sticking to only those apps, my trackpad has continued to work fine. There must be a specific app or activity that throws the trackpad out of whack. Oh well, I'm happy my trackpad has been solid for a while now.
    10-01-15 04:46 AM
    I noticed it happening periodically as well. One thing to be careful about: don't let one of your other thumb accidentally touch the keyboard. That will keep it from scrolling.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 06:35 AM
    Just lost my trackpad while using CB but it works in other applications and on the home screen.

Edit: after making this post, the trackpad came back.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 08:25 AM
    Newer 10.3.2x OS's have addressed numerous trackpad issues.

I haven't had mine go out in ages, but it used to do it often enough to be annoying in 10.3.1x builds. Works fine in hub, browser, desktop, etc .

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    10-01-15 08:35 AM
    I loose my trackpad after using android apps. After rebooting everything is fine. Problem comes back after android apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 09:42 AM
    Newer 10.3.2x OS's have addressed numerous trackpad issues.

I haven't had mine go out in ages, but it used to do it often enough to be annoying in 10.3.1x builds. Works fine in hub, browser, desktop, etc .

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    I have it go out in the browser sometimes, but other than that, it's working fine. Using 10.3.2.2789 leak, but it was the same on the official stable 10.3.2

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 01:10 AM
    i will try to reboot. all scroll funtions are fine except the ones going from side to side to take me from one application screen to the next.
    10-25-15 07:58 AM
    i will try to reboot. all scroll funtions are fine except the ones going from side to side to take me from one application screen to the next.
    yup. a reboot did it. Now I need to figure out what caused it so I can avoid whatever it was i did.
    10-25-15 07:59 AM
    yup. a reboot did it. Now I need to figure out what caused it so I can avoid whatever it was i did.
    When I first got my Passport I played with all the apps and EVERYTHING to try to familiarize myself with all the functions. That's when I first noticed that my keyboard trackpad stopped working. Yup, a reboot fixed.

It has been about 4 months now that my trackpad has worked fine with no problems at all. I only use a few apps, such as the browser, calendar, camera, text messaging, and the Remember app with Evernote. No more trackpad problems since then, so I am very happy.
    10-25-15 03:57 PM