I am ready to order my new Passport from ATT today or tomorrow and I had some questions as this will be my first Blackberry phone.

I use PayPal here in my business and this is something that I need the phone to do is run Pay Pal here to accept payment. I have found a couple threads that say I can run it as an Android App on the Blackberry. Is anyone doing that with Pay Pal here?

Can I run any Android app?

I would like to run google docs and google calendar and it appears that I can do that.

I would like to run Audible to listen to audio books, right now I do that on an MP3 player.

thanks in advance.
    12-11-15 12:36 PM
    Hi, I have a PayPal android app and it works like a charm.
    Google apps may work if you install google services. Mno clue about audible...

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 12:49 PM
    The Paypal apps, both native and Android, work well but the PayPal Here card swipers don't work the last time I looked into it. In order to take card payments the numbers have to be entered manually.

Others have reported that the Square card swiper works if you are interested in trying their service.
    12-11-15 01:08 PM
    does the card swiper work for you?
    12-11-15 03:42 PM
    Hi, I have a PayPal android app and it works like a charm.
    Google apps may work if you install google services. Mno clue about audible...

Posted via CB10
    Does the card swiper work for you?
    12-11-15 03:43 PM
    http://utbblogs.com/money-on-the-run/ there you go.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 05:43 PM
    PayPal works fine, but I haven't tried payment with their card swipers as no store in my city has support for that yet (if ever). But other than that, it works like a charm

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    12-12-15 01:27 AM
    Thanks so much for posting the video Faizan Syed , very helpful. things look better and better for the passport.
    12-12-15 08:46 PM
    I thought the PayPal pay hear app wasn't working properly on my z30 with the card reader as most of the time it wouldn't read the card and I would have to manually enter the card , then I tried the card reader in an iPad and it still didn't work so I called PayPal and they sent me a new card reader and now it works just fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 10:59 PM
    I thought the PayPal pay hear app wasn't working properly on my z30 with the card reader as most of the time it wouldn't read the card and I would have to manually enter the card , then I tried the card reader in an iPad and it still didn't work so I called PayPal and they sent me a new card reader and now it works just fine.

Posted via CB10
    good to hear, I should get my phone today and once I get it set up PayPal will be one of the first things I will try.
    12-15-15 01:19 PM
    Everything works great to me. Get your Passport

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 01:22 PM
    Thought I would post a reply after having the Passport for over a week I love it. As I originally
    thought, I go to it instead of my iPad for most searches now. And PayPal here works without a hitch. Both the software and the card swipe work good.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-24-15 10:38 AM
    Not all android apps are working...some aren't working and some work like a snail...the phone uses two cores to run android simulator and expect delays. And you need to install patched version of google services. It doesn't guarantee all android apps are working. You have to find some older versions of apps. E.g. Google maps.

If you need a lot of apps try get an android or iphone, bb10 sucks balls with apps. Even native apps suck. I installed a paid app from bb world and it changed my bbm signature without any notice...and i dont know why a lot of android apps are free but if you want to use it on bb and you need to purchase the app (not the same app maybe from another developer).

With the same app even my iphone 4s runs much faster than the android apps here on the passport. The same app in bb world has little function and much more out dated than the android version. E.g. Wechat, skype(they moved it to amazon)...

And the most irritating thing is that if you run android apps the battery drains like crazy, I'll use the same example the iphone 4s battery lasts longer, and charges much faster. The native browser doesn't support flash so if you go to a website uses flash...good luck.

If you do a lot of typing, emails, then passport is perfect...but be aware, the keyboard makes such noise if you want to type it in a meeting while others are keeping quiet and all they hear is your typing sound...

If you use a lot of apps, do a lot of games or multimedia, forget about the passport. Not worth it. And the priv is also way more expensive, more than any other android such as nexus or note 5.

I have been trying to sell my passport for less than half of the original purchase price, guess what, still not sold yet after 2 weeks. And there is still one more year factory warranty. Used it for 11 months and i really regret to buy it. I won't buy a blackberry again, now i see why bb lost so many customers. Phone is good but no software! It is like putting diesel in a Ferrari. Won't run.

Mia san mia!
    Seff5677 likes this.
    12-24-15 11:24 AM
    Audible works no problem

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    Hiesenberg11 likes this.
    12-24-15 12:57 PM
    Yes. I have been using audible with no issues. I really like that I can use the center button on the right side to pause. On my old android I had to turn the phone on, then hit two more on screen icons then I could hit pause.
    12-24-15 09:01 PM
    I don't usually play many games on a phone but I have to admit games on the passport are fun do to the large screen size. And the stereo speakers sound sweet.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 01:41 AM
    You may find yourself using the browser instead of apps in a lot of circumstances.

BlackBerry's browser is second to none, with the exception of flash that you'll need to install mozilla or opera for.

I generally find myself using my passport like a desktop rather than a smartphone.

Most of the apps I install are just to see if they work and they do. Have had to patch a couple eg. uber.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 02:54 PM
    Paypal here works like a charm and zeus browser has flash and is a native BB10 app
    Some questions from a soon to be new Blackberry user.-imagejpeg_0_edit1.jpg

At&t Blk passport since 3/13/15 "king of phones" oakland ca
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    01-20-16 12:28 PM
    Not all android apps are working...some aren't working and some work like a snail...the phone uses two cores to run android simulator and expect delays. And you need to install patched version of google services. It doesn't guarantee all android apps are working. You have to find some older versions of apps. E.g. Google maps.

If you need a lot of apps try get an android or iphone, bb10 sucks balls with apps. Even native apps suck. I installed a paid app from bb world and it changed my bbm signature without any notice...and i dont know why a lot of android apps are free but if you want to use it on bb and you need to purchase the app (not the same app maybe from another developer).

With the same app even my iphone 4s runs much faster than the android apps here on the passport. The same app in bb world has little function and much more out dated than the android version. E.g. Wechat, skype(they moved it to amazon)...

And the most irritating thing is that if you run android apps the battery drains like crazy, I'll use the same example the iphone 4s battery lasts longer, and charges much faster. The native browser doesn't support flash so if you go to a website uses flash...good luck.

If you do a lot of typing, emails, then passport is perfect...but be aware, the keyboard makes such noise if you want to type it in a meeting while others are keeping quiet and all they hear is your typing sound...

If you use a lot of apps, do a lot of games or multimedia, forget about the passport. Not worth it. And the priv is also way more expensive, more than any other android such as nexus or note 5.

I have been trying to sell my passport for less than half of the original purchase price, guess what, still not sold yet after 2 weeks. And there is still one more year factory warranty. Used it for 11 months and i really regret to buy it. I won't buy a blackberry again, now i see why bb lost so many customers. Phone is good but no software! It is like putting diesel in a Ferrari. Won't run.

Mia san mia!
    I wonder why you knowingly got a PP in the first place. As with any device, to each one their own. The passport is a primarily a communication tool, bringing productivity to another level, not a tablet or game console. As for the clicky sound of kb well, maybe you should stick with the full vkb of your isheep4. The capacitive PKB of the PP is one true unique innovation. Plus, you're not supposed to type while in a meeting. That's uncool and rude
    But again, to each one their own.

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    01-20-16 03:28 PM
    Why iSheep in the first place ? I had the Passport too and now I have an iPhone and still don't understand the hate against iPhone.

Both phones are really great and serve different purposes.

I agree with him on the keyboard side. While it's perfect for typing, the sound can be annoying. Sometimes when I'm typing in the bed, with my girlfriend sleeping it makes a lot of noise and can be disturbing or I'm in Quiet Zone in the train, everyone in the wagon can hear me typing a mail.

Where I disagree is on the apps side.
    Certainly BB10 lacks certain apps, but when I had the Passport I used same apps as on my iPhone such as EBay, PayPal, Amazon, Banking, Betclic, Maps, etc and they worked flawlessly. BB10 native apps are strong too. To each their own in that case.
    I don't use much more on the iPhone now.

So the comparison with putting diesel in a Ferrari is wrong in my opinion.

The fact is if you live in the mountains and buy a Ferrari you'll have a bad time, but if you buy an SUV or 4x4, it'll be perfect.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    01-21-16 01:17 AM