Oh yes, having the phone where it's convenient and fast without taking up a pocket is bad just because it's considered "old fashioned." Seriously, have we all turned into women who care more for fashion than convenience? I personally don't care for trends, fashion, or any other stupid pointless things to waste my time bothering with. I dress to be comfortable, and I use things that are convenient. My Seidio belt clip holds my phone face in and readily accessible so when I need to use my phone, it takes a millisecond to have in my hand and it's already oriented properly. No fumbling in my pocket, flipping the phone around because you get it out upside down, and while sitting down, no contorting my body into weird angles to be able to dig into my pocket for my phone. Yes, who's your daddy? ;-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Well if you're also into suspenders then you can be my daddy! ;-)

Pockets are normally more convenient than holsters. But for the Passport, yeah you'd need a pouch or holster to lug that thing around.

Posted from a D618
    07-30-14 09:31 PM
    If the PassPort became the most popular phone in the world, and that caused all males to stop wearing skinny jeans, that would be two best contributions BB ever made to the world!

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    Dude if showing off your impressively big or excessively small dong didn't stop guys from wearing them what will?
    07-30-14 10:23 PM
    Does it cost less to manufacture sharp edges rather than rounded ones? Imo passport is ugly and. Uncomfortable as hell with those edges.

CB10 on the Q10
    you can aways sand it down
    07-30-14 10:40 PM
    Yep, same with my scientific reason behind not wearing tight pants. I guess we hurt some peoples' feewings... Oh well, it was meant more as a public service announcement...

Weird. GIven the gamut of opinions on this site that posts that were sexual in some way should be deleted.

Whatever. Funny that I was just coming around to liking CrackBerry again and then this happens... Maybe the problem is me and I should just give up on these sites that obviously have their own bias.
    07-30-14 11:23 PM
    How does one move around in a skinny jeans?
    From observation, in a decidedly feminine manner.

But hey, I do the pinky thing when I drink hot tea so who am I to talk!

07-30-14 11:48 PM
    It says in the linked article. It is almost two iphones side by side wide.
    Which is horribly misleading since the iPhone as they say is 58.6 mm wide, which makes the Passport "almost" 117.2 mm wide for anyone who reads the article. While in reality it's 89 mm.
    Taigatrommel and manonthemoon like this.
    07-31-14 01:16 AM
    Well if you're also into suspenders then you can be my daddy! ;-)

Pockets are normally more convenient than holsters. But for the Passport, yeah you'd need a pouch or holster to lug that thing around.

Posted from a D618
    Um, I've had my phone in my pocket before when my holster broke. No, it's nowhere close to being more convenient. Nowhere close to even being as convenient... Nice try anyway...

07-31-14 01:55 AM
    From observation, in a decidedly feminine manner.

But hey, I do the pinky thing when I drink hot tea so who am I to talk!

Lol

I'm glad other people think the same way as me about skinny jeans.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 01:57 AM
    Oh yes, having the phone where it's convenient and fast without taking up a pocket is bad just because it's considered "old fashioned." Seriously, have we all turned into women who care more for fashion than convenience? I personally don't care for trends, fashion, or any other stupid pointless things to waste my time bothering with. I dress to be comfortable, and I use things that are convenient. My Seidio belt clip holds my phone face in and readily accessible so when I need to use my phone, it takes a millisecond to have in my hand and it's already oriented properly. No fumbling in my pocket, flipping the phone around because you get it out upside down, and while sitting down, no contorting my body into weird angles to be able to dig into my pocket for my phone. Yes, who's your daddy? ;-)

And how do the women in your life feel about this? Not trying to be a **** but my girlfriend would not want to see me walking around with a phone holster in my mid twenties. Yeah it may be a tad more convenient but it's not the difference of missing calls, at least for me anyways. Also tried my dad's holster, thing is not comfortable at all. I'd much rather phone in my pocket than digging into my side when i sit down. But to each their own

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-31-14 02:40 AM
    Um, I've had my phone in my pocket before when my holster broke. No, it's nowhere close to being more convenient. Nowhere close to even being as convenient... Nice try anyway...

Agree to disagree, then. :-)

Posted from an ME173X
    07-31-14 02:54 AM
    It's a European carry all!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 09:16 AM
    Are you the jolly green giant?
    Ha.

Seriously - I can fit the BlackBerry Playbook, Kindle Fire (OG 2011), and Nexus 7 (2013) in my front jean pockets. The Passport should have about the same width as the Nexus 7 which means that it should fit okay.
    07-31-14 01:10 PM
    And how do the women in your life feel about this? Not trying to be a **** but my girlfriend would not want to see me walking around with a phone holster in my mid twenties. Yeah it may be a tad more convenient but it's not the difference of missing calls, at least for me anyways. Also tried my dad's holster, thing is not comfortable at all. I'd much rather phone in my pocket than digging into my side when i sit down. But to each their own

Posted via CB10
    Lol, I'm sorry you have a girlfriend that judges you in that manner. Good luck with your life buddy. :-)

Edit: And digging into your side?? Maybe you have other issues you need to worry about if that's the case. I don't feel my holster at all, at any time... Then again, no part of me goes out over the belt... I guess if you have that situation it might be an issue...

07-31-14 03:13 PM
    Agree to disagree, then. :-)

Posted from an ME173X
    Yah, you're right. Some people consider needing to fumble in your pockets, worrying about locking the screen before putting the phone away, and needing to turn the phone around if it shifted orientation inside of your pocket to be more convenient... So agree to disagree. ;-)

07-31-14 03:15 PM
    You should learn to refrain from attacking the person and just answer the questions asked. Not even close to overweight and maybe that's my issue (digs into my ribs when I sit down, jabs into my hip bone if I would lean up against something). It just gets in the way a lot more than having a phone in your pocket. If you can't agree with that than you're delusional. As for your wife/gf letting you walk about looking like that, good for her, she must be very proud to have such an manly man with a cool holster like yourself. For the women that I know (I'm in the mid 20's) men with holsters are a huge turn off.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 11:22 PM
    It says in the linked article. It is almost two iphones side by side wide.
    Not quite....
    Some New Real Life Size Comparison of Passport-img_20140802_154315.png

Z30 144GB
    08-02-14 12:46 AM
    Against Z30...
    Some New Real Life Size Comparison of Passport-img_20140802_154903.png

Z30 144GB
    08-02-14 12:50 AM
    You should learn to refrain from attacking the person and just answer the questions asked. Not even close to overweight and maybe that's my issue (digs into my ribs when I sit down, jabs into my hip bone if I would lean up against something). It just gets in the way a lot more than having a phone in your pocket. If you can't agree with that than you're delusional. As for your wife/gf letting you walk about looking like that, good for her, she must be very proud to have such an manly man with a cool holster like yourself. For the women that I know (I'm in the mid 20's) men with holsters are a huge turn off.

Posted via CB10
    LMAO, nice try turning it around. Again, I feel kind of sorry that you care about what is in "fashion" before you do something. And I honestly don't get how the holster can dig into any part of you. Don't get how I'm "delusional" because I can't feel something that is on the OUTSIDE of my belt... Does your belt buckle dig into you too? lol. And it's not just one girlfriend, I haven't had a single girl take an issue with my holster. Must be something in the water here or there, not sure which it must be. Do they care what color your shoes are too over where you are?? Or if you're wearing the right kind of accessories? You know what they say, accessorize accessorize!! Lol :-D

Anyway man, I don't care if you simply say you prefer fashion over convenience, that's your prerogative, but to claim that it's more convenient to not know which way your phone is facing when you need it, and to need to dig half your arm into your pants to get to your phone (yes, this is obviously an exaggeration before you come back with a "you must wear parachute pants remark...). And you can't say you've never missed a notification (unless you also wear skinny jeans) by keeping your phone in your pocket. My friends miss half their notifications because they can't feel the vibrations half the time. So when the phone is silent, they never answer their phones or texts. You feel the vibrations a whole lot better when you have the phone holstered. Yes, I am speaking from personal experience as well, when I had to keep my phone in my pocket I missed 75% of my notifications. It was so annoying...

Anyway, perhaps it's because I use holsters with much bulkier and heavier objects on a regular basis that I have an affinity for holsters and having something at the ready to use the very moment you need it... But let me worry about what's in style first, haha. :-P

Let's leave it at differences in priorities and preferences... :-)

08-02-14 01:31 AM
    Not quite....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140802_154315.png 
Views:	621 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	288437

Z30 144GB
    It's not even one and a half...

08-02-14 01:31 AM
    Hey, its not built for all of you. Its for those guys who wear tuxedos.

Its for the Transporter
    "Jason Statham"

Not for the ninja turtles.

Posted via CB10
    BoldMaverick likes this.
    08-02-14 02:46 AM
    Why do guys wear slim jeans?? Geez, talk about uncomfortable...

They fit my lanky figure...

Hello! I'm on an adventure into the world independent filmmaking. It would be great if you could join me! C00275CD8
    Rowan M likes this.
    08-02-14 07:36 AM
    The Z30 just fits in my front jeans pocket (normal jeans). I would not want to put a phone any bigger than the Z30 in my front pocket. The Passport is the same height (approx) but is considerably wider. Even without trying, anyone can see the Passport is not going to fit comfortably in a front jeans pocket. And those sharp corners! Talk about digging into the jean material or parts of the body. Are they seriously making the final version with those sharp corners?
    08-02-14 09:09 AM
    The Z30 just fits in my front jeans pocket (normal jeans). I would not want to put a phone any bigger than the Z30 in my front pocket. The Passport is the same height (approx) but is considerably wider. Even without trying, anyone can see the Passport is not going to fit comfortably in a front jeans pocket. And those sharp corners! Talk about digging into the jean material or parts of the body. Are they seriously making the final version with those sharp corners?
    Ummmm....the Z30 has almost 21 mm more height than the Passport, while the Passport is 17 mm wider. I wouldn't call that "approx the same height" but at the same time "considerably wider".
    08-02-14 09:28 AM
    Ummmm....the Z30 has almost 21 mm more height than the Passport, while the Passport is 17 mm wider. I wouldn't call that "approx the same height" but at the same time "considerably wider".
    Wow Mr. exact. How about almost the same height and the Passport is a wide phone. Too wide to fit comfortably in normal jeans pockets. Don't forget the sharp corners.
    08-02-14 11:26 AM
    They fit my lanky figure...

Hello! I'm on an adventure into the world independent filmmaking. It would be great if you could join me! C00275CD8
    Not being sarcastic when I say this, but I guess it probably is because I'm not slim enough to wear one comfortably. But I see some people who wear them and the pant legs are like leggings on them, lol. That just seems uncomfortable as heck.

lift likes this.
    08-02-14 11:43 AM
75 123