Hello,

I've been having some issues recently with my Blackberry Passport SE when typing with the keyboard. For some strange reason the letters "C" and "M" sometimes aren't registered by the phone when pressing them. For example when I type the word "certainly" on the keyboard it actually wrote "ertainly" on the screen. It doesn't happen always though but even if it happens occasionally it is quite annoying. The letter "M" sometimes is double typed as well although I have pressed down the button just once.

Can these keyboard issues be fixed somehow cause I really don't think it could be a hardware defect. All the other keys are working properly.

I own the device since late 2015 and always treated it well. Never dropped it or anything. I have updated to the latest OS 10.3.3.1463 manually because I didn't receive an automatic update for some reason.

I'd be happy if you had any advice on how to solve this keyboard issue on the Passport.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards

Sebastian
    07-03-17 01:48 PM
    Hi, sounds like your keyboard membrane is maybe starting to wear out. There is also apparently a software fix for the double-typing issue in the more recent builds of the OS - apparently something to do with the latency or sensitivity of the keyboard. When did you last update your OS?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-17 03:19 PM
    I updated via autoloader to 10.3.3.1436 about 2 months ago. I just don't understand why this issue only occurs on these two letters. I haven't used them very frequently. Not significantly more than all the other letters. That is why I can't believe that this is caused by a hardware defect actually.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-17 03:31 PM
    Hello,

I've been having some issues recently with my Blackberry Passport SE when typing with the keyboard. For some strange reason the letters "C" and "M" sometimes aren't registered by the phone when pressing them. For example when I type the word "certainly" on the keyboard it actually wrote "ertainly" on the screen. It doesn't happen always though but even if it happens occasionally it is quite annoying. The letter "M" sometimes is double typed as well although I have pressed down the button just once.

Can these keyboard issues be fixed somehow cause I really don't think it could be a hardware defect. All the other keys are working properly.

I own the device since late 2015 and always treated it well. Never dropped it or anything. I have updated to the latest OS 10.3.3.1463 manually because I didn't receive an automatic update for some reason.

I'd be happy if you had any advice on how to solve this keyboard issue on the Passport.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards

Sebastian
    I face the similar issue.. double typing of C n V.. and on long press it doesn't appear as Capital letters. Have been using PPSE since june 2016. This is my second pp after I used blacck..this problem seems to be general in pp after ccertain usage... anyways am planning to sell this one and buy a new ppse.. but unfortunately it's nnot available now

Posted via CB10
    07-03-17 06:24 PM
    Also got this problem on keys B N & M. Started after a few months of use.
    07-04-17 06:46 PM
    I have just done a quick test with the passport where I typed a random text in whatsapp chat, email and text message. I noticed that most typing errors occured in the very beginning of the typing test when the keyboard hasn't been used for quite some time. My guess is that the cause for this could be a tolerance thing between the contacts underneath the keyboard. After I have used the keyboard for some time I have not been able to produce any typing errors. I think this is because the gap between the keys and the contacts is closed a little bit after some typing . Maybe the keys raise a little bit when the keyboard is not used. Just a theory...

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 11:18 AM