Hi,

Whenever I reply to emails, the default HTML formatting of BlackBerry is used - and I love it.
    However, sometimes, it just defaults to plain text and I'm not quite sure what went wrong.

Any ideas?
    10-02-15 10:41 AM
    Was the email you were replying to in HTML or was it in Plain Text or Rich Text?
    10-02-15 11:58 AM
    Id like Blackberry could have remember my mail settings... font size, colour, etc.

Also have a better read option in plain text received mails, because when you have like 5 replies you end with a lots of >>>
    10-02-15 07:34 PM
    My understanding is that if the email comes in as plain text, your response will be plain text. If it comes in HTML your response will be HTML. This only makes sense.

If you initially compose an email it will be in your preference.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 08:19 AM
    Was the email you were replying to in HTML or was it in Plain Text or Rich Text?
    The body I think was Rich text, and the footer of the email had HTML.
    But how can I know for sure what the email was?
    10-06-15 09:36 AM
    The body I think was Rich text, and the footer of the email had HTML.
    But how can I know for sure what the email was?
    The headers will have the encode format, but it is a pain-to-impossible to see those on a BlackBerry.
    If you can view the full email headers of the email in question on another platform, then look for "Content-Type:", that should have the encode format listed.
    Devil likes this.
    10-06-15 09:52 AM
    My understanding is that if the email comes in as plain text, your response will be plain text. If it comes in HTML your response will be HTML. This only makes sense.
    That's right.
    If you initially compose an email it will be in your preference.
    No, it's in the preference of the device. And the device prefers always HTML. That's an idiotic change they made with 10.3 - new emails are always HTML by default, you can't change this once for all. This means the author can truely be called a moron if he doesn't change this manually everytime before sending. I have receivers where the administrator of the mail server configured a filter on HTML mails. Everytime I create such a moron-mail (because I forgot that my top modern device is dumb enough to have indeed HTML as default) the receivers must research what happened. I know I can switch this off manually but this default is not good at all. Generations of BB devices didn't have this HTML default. This is now as dumb as Lotus Notes has been 15 years ago, great.
    10-06-15 11:00 AM