I have played around with Passport for quite a bit already, and so far I am loving the phone. However, I noticed that there are issues with the Amazon AppStore. After searching for some pretty common apps, such as Flipboard and Instagram, I noticed that I am not able to install those on the phone. I also noticed that on the amazon.ca it says that the Passport is incompatible with those apps.

Does anybody else experience this? if yes, how did you guys tackle the problem?

Thanks.

P.S: I am a newbie here, so don't be hard on me :P
    10-10-14 10:09 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

Yes, Instagram isn't available for any BB device via Amazon Appstore for some reason. Amazon often feels the need to differentiate between tablet apps and phone apps for some reason. I have a suspicion that Instagram is just for Kindle Fire tablets.

Flipboard is actually in BlackBerry World too, but I think they've only listed Z devices as compatible. You'll have to be patient as devs take time to make apps Passport-compatible.

You could load another Android app store onto your Passport. I'd recommend Snap, which is a native BB10 client for Google Play. You'll have to sideload to your Passport using the free desktop app Sachesi. Sounds complicated, but really isn't, I promise!

Also there are some BB10 Instagram clients in BB World you can try, such iGrann or BlackGram.
    10-10-14 11:17 AM
    Welcome

There is a thread already on the go regarding this topic, might wanna check it out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=962615

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 11:36 AM