Solved for me I narrowed down the issue to a few things, the issues were After awhile I noticed my keyboard light not working and when I'd press the lock button or the u button to unlock it was very slow to unlock and just didn't seem right. It also goes crazy in direct sunlight when it's really bright I noticed today outside screen would stay dim even when it was unlocked. Spent the last 48 hours roughly trying to figure out what it was doing. I'd already wiped device hard reset soft reset etc which in fact fixed the Backlit keys for awhile but it kept happening. The BlackBerry virtual tool to diagnose problems also couldn't pass the proximity issues so I was about to lodge hardware fault with the store I got it from.
    After reading around I came across a post saying something about the call blocker app (which I use daily) so removed the app did vol up and down reset and what do you know haven't had any proximity issues in the last 5 6 hours everything going great.

I know this may vary for some other people. Just glad I don't have to send it back

And I'm not sure how a call blocker app could screen the proximity sensor :/

Posted via CB10
    LeeU1911 likes this.
    04-22-15 08:25 AM
    Glad that you solved it. Maybe call blocker app tried to take control of your sensors I guess.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 08:39 AM
    I'd hoped that the BBVE tool would have special privileges and reliably test for hardware faults. Based on your post, that appears not to be the case. Bit of a pointless app then.
    04-22-15 08:43 AM
    I'd hoped that the BBVE tool would have special privileges and reliably test for hardware faults. Based on your post, that appears not to be the case. Bit of a pointless app then.
    Or you could say it worked perfectly and didn't find a fault because there was none. And a clue that may be one has a poorly written app. We don't know how testing is done by the app.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 06:14 PM
    Solved for me I narrowed down the issue to a few things, the issues were After awhile I noticed my keyboard light not working and when I'd press the lock button or the u button to unlock it was very slow to unlock and just didn't seem right. It also goes crazy in direct sunlight when it's really bright I noticed today outside screen would stay dim even when it was unlocked. Spent the last 48 hours roughly trying to figure out what it was doing. I'd already wiped device hard reset soft reset etc which in fact fixed the Backlit keys for awhile but it kept happening. The BlackBerry virtual tool to diagnose problems also couldn't pass the proximity issues so I was about to lodge hardware fault with the store I got it from.
    After reading around I came across a post saying something about the call blocker app (which I use daily) so removed the app did vol up and down reset and what do you know haven't had any proximity issues in the last 5 6 hours everything going great.

I know this may vary for some other people. Just glad I don't have to send it back

And I'm not sure how a call blocker app could screen the proximity sensor :/

Posted via CB10
    You spent 48hrs trying to figure out that problem? Talk about persistent.... lol
    Good find though. You may have saved some phones from being returned....

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 08:00 PM
    I wonder how a security wipe didnt fix it since it would have remove all the apps, including the call block?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:24 PM
    Yeah well that's what I thought but like I said after a reset the buttons and sensors worked fine, then I'd think OK it working as it's meant to so I would go ahead reload all my software still OK then it happened again. It wasn't after few days I realised what was going on

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:50 PM
    Yeah well that's what I thought but like I said after a reset the buttons and sensors worked fine, then I'd think OK it working as it's meant to so I would go ahead reload all my software still OK then it happened again. It wasn't after few days I realised what was going on

Posted via CB10
    Can you share the name of God particular call blocking app u were using? Since the issue isn't that widespread maybe it is limited to certain call blocking apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 10:35 PM
    Looool! Good try it's not the call blocker, I really hope u don't, but I know u will find that out soon enough.

I've been at it for a month now, tried for matting restoring re loading, running with no apps with full apps just everything!

1. Correct power button sends it haywire.
    2. Bright sunlight destroys it.
    3. Move from dark to very bright screws it!

So I communicated with BlackBerry they asked for screen shots of bbve, and the result was, send over for a replacement, being away from the states I begged if there was anything I can do it fix this issue and not have to return (won't be back in the states before December, and my warranty ends in november) and the answer was, sorry sir nothing u can do on your end to fix this issue, please return to accept a replacement.

Online articles are claiming that the same issue with the replacement because it's a software bug, but I'm pretty sure it's a hardware fault due to the fact that the fault frequency tends to increase with time.

Comments, and if anyone has a solution plleeaassee fire away.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 11:01 PM
    Or you could say it worked perfectly and didn't find a fault because there was none. And a clue that may be one has a poorly written app. We don't know how testing is done by the app.
    Based on what he wrote, I thought that BBVE did detect a fault. He stated that it "couldn't pass" the proximity detection, ie. it failed.
    04-23-15 02:23 AM
    It did fail on most of the proximity sensors reboot fixed these issues I have had no issues since removing call blocker app that's the only app I have no installed

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 08:14 AM
    SOLVED - Proximity issue and Keyboard Backlit not working-img_20150423_231527.png

This is the one I use but don't anymore.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 08:15 AM
    Crackberryq what's your issue mate what do you mean looolll good try? I have no issues with my proximity sensor now that app is gone what else do you want me to say? It's a miracle?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 08:17 AM
    SOLVED - Proximity issue and Keyboard Backlit not working-img_20150423_231758.png
    SOLVED - Proximity issue and Keyboard Backlit not working-img_20150423_231738.png
    SOLVED - Proximity issue and Keyboard Backlit not working-img_20150423_231733.png

What else do you want me to say?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 08:18 AM
    Oh sorry, I meant no offence!!!!! Not a bit!!!!

Apologise if it seemed sarcastic!!

What I meant is when I read your title I jumped at it thinking that this issue is solved.

This is a common persistent issue with some passport users including myself, I've researched it extensively and communicated with BlackBerry heavily about it, although general consensus is that it's a software issue that will be resolved with updates, I'm beginning to feel it's a hardware issue.

As with time it degrades, and that's based on my own experience on the matter and various comments I've read.

I really really really hope your issue is an isolated incident that is resolved with your solution.

Sorry once again.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 12:48 PM
    Sorry then I took it the wrong way all good. But yeah defo since making this post I've had 0 issues now and hopefully it stays that way

Posted via CB10
    CrackberryQ likes this.
    04-23-15 01:44 PM