11-10-14 02:16 PM
57 123
tools
    Proud to be a blackberry user. <3 though i dont own a passport (i cant afford $800). I am planning to bargain with my parents when they are available here at the philippines.

Things i like about your post:
    *the ability to stand out and be proud that you are using a blackberry. Not like other people who uses iOs and Android devices that are different outside and same inside. Thats what you call mainstream and bandwagon. Haha. A proud blackberry user. Enjoy your passport! Send it to me if you plan to upgrade. Haha kidding.

Posted using my awesome Z10STL100-2. 22. PHL.
    11-09-14 12:03 PM
    Many of the reviewers of the Passport don't use it long enough to see how much more efficient it can be over other phones out there. Especially the iPhone. Its so different from anything out there. It just takes awhile to get used to the way the phone operates.

The IPhone has an antiquated operating system, so much of the same o,same o. Nothing really new the Passport is fresh.

Posted via CB10
    Nicely put! The Operating system is amazing and I haven't learned everything about it. I believe the virtual keyboard on the BlackBerry 10 operating system is the bomb in the touch screen phones. The word predictor is top notch to me. Just want BlackBerry to continue improving the OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 12:09 PM
    Nicely put! The Operating system is amazing and I haven't learned everything about it. I believe the virtual keyboard on the BlackBerry 10 operating system is the bomb in the touch screen phones. The word predictor is top notch to me. Just want BlackBerry to continue improving the OS.

Posted via CB10
    How do i activate the word predictor? tia.sorry for the out of topic post.

11-09-14 12:13 PM
    The one thing that annoys the crap out of me in the iOS is that there is no way in heck I know of how many applications are open on the background (some maybe running and some may not be running).

So lets assume I want close some apps.

I press the home button twice. I see some open apps. Flick up to close one and repeat how many million times until you close them all.

Or if you want to close one app. Double click home button again, mindlessly scroll through millions apps that were open at one point and find the one app you want to close, then flick up.

In BlackBerry 10, you swipe up, it bring you to the home screen, it shows you what apps are open on ONE screen, and press X to close. Genius.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 12:22 PM
    Very cool replies friends...the more I use the passport the more my eyes open. I've used so many devices in the last year, android being my weapon of choice...but BlackBerry has the pieces put together, just get the word of mouth and the marketing and it'll be a contender for many years to come...I can tell already

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 01:43 PM
    First welcome to the OP.... think the OP is on to a great marketing slogan..... "chose to be different"..... pretty much describes how most Passport and BB owners in general feel...
    Maybe more "we/you are different"

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 01:48 PM
    Won't get into bs about os war. Passport is my first physical keyboard device. Coming from iphone /android, used BlackBerry Z3 and Z30 for few days and fell in love with BlackBerry os. So passport was natural choice after robbed off (by family) z30. After using passport for 2 weeks had sever difficulty with physical keyboard and phone falling on my face repeatedly while using lying down. So decided to sell it of and go for iPhone and put it for auction and got an iPhone 6 plus. And lo behold just could not enjoy anything on ios. It's just not anywhere near BlackBerry os.
    Currently I have ios android and BlackBerry. And for all the serious or non serious thing I keep going back to passport. Only thing I would have liked in passport was stylus support like note. Rest all is A1.
    Now I am not giving away my passport. Might keep iphone. Need HTC one only for dual sim support.

I am addicted to BlackBerry.. hope it survives and prosper.
    And launch a dual sim or virtual sim service.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 01:53 PM
    I returned my iphone6 for the passport. This phone is head and shoulders above everyone else. Not only is the passport the best built and most premium looking phone on the market but by far the most productive work horse I have ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 01:55 PM
    The one fatal flaw with the Passport (for me): Not Available On Verizon.
    Couldn't you order one unlocked from Shop BB or Amazon and just put in your Verizon simcard?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 02:09 PM
    Couldn't you order one unlocked from Shop BB or Amazon and just put in your Verizon simcard?

Posted via CB10
    No, this DOES NOT work.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    11-09-14 02:27 PM
    the technologies are not compatible I believe, that's the problem. Many americans have a choice of best network vs the phones they want. Although YMMV as that is down to individual opinions. I'm not american, I only know the answer because I asked the same question literally a few days ago
    11-09-14 02:31 PM
    How do i activate the word predictor? tia.sorry for the out of topic post.

BlackBerry 10 users guide should tell you everything. If you don?t understand it, start a thread.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 03:40 PM
    Make sure you read the Hidden tricks Passport thread. I have been using BB10 since day one on a Z10 and I still learned a thing or two from it .
    11-09-14 03:41 PM
    Make sure you read the Hidden tricks Passport thread. I have been using BB10 since day one on a Z10 and I still learned a thing or two from it .
    I will check out the thread. Blackberry 10 is an awesome operating system.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 04:06 PM
    Hmmm you have a point. Maybe having blackberry in the position it's in improves the experience for us addicts. I want them to succeed for sure. I want everyone to have a blackberry. Just like it used to be. Makes them work a lot harder in delivering a quality, revolutionary product like the passport with where they're at now.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    I kinda like the fact that no one has a blackberry (at least that I know). It makes me stand out from a sea of sheep and droids.

Posted via CB10
    bbjdog, PatrickMJS and rarsen like this.
    11-09-14 04:18 PM
    you sir, are a wise man =) this is what we love to hear
    11-09-14 07:29 PM
    The one thing that annoys the crap out of me in the iOS is that there is no way in heck I know of how many applications are open on the background (some maybe running and some may not be running).

So lets assume I want close some apps.

I press the home button twice. I see some open apps. Flick up to close one and repeat how many million times until you close them all.

Or if you want to close one app. Double click home button again, mindlessly scroll through millions apps that were open at one point and find the one app you want to close, then flick up.

In BlackBerry 10, you swipe up, it bring you to the home screen, it shows you what apps are open on ONE screen, and press X to close. Genius.

Posted via CB10
    iOS "multitasking" is set up so as to not require user input. Background apps go into standby and so are not supposed to require user intervention to preserve memory and battery. The exceptions are GPS and VOIP apps, which always run. So yes, it's not ideal, but there really any impact of having many apps "open".

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    11-09-14 07:57 PM
    The 6 plus has better colours than the passport but the passport's screen is sharper due to pixel density.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    11-09-14 08:10 PM
    I did the same and have no regrets

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 08:44 PM
    I kinda like the fact that no one has a blackberry (at least that I know). It makes me stand out from a sea of sheep and droids.

Posted via CB10
    But isn't it a bad thing as well? If blackberry doesn't succeed in putting devices in consumer hands, you and I, my friend, won't have a blackberry to show off anymore lol

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    11-09-14 09:53 PM
    Glad to hear you're happy OP

Now if only you would update your signature to the following:

Passport + Playbook 16g =
    11-09-14 09:56 PM
    (dkm) Don't kill me
    11-09-14 09:56 PM
    Enjoy this beauty. May you be truly fulfilled at what you do because that's what BlackBerry tries to do. God bless.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 10:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Passport does not have a CDMA radio.... and Verizon and Sprint are still CDMA voice networks. Either BlackBerry starts making a CDMA version on their own, or Sprint or Verizon pays them too..... or the majority of the US cellular customer (many of which would be government or companies) would have to switch carriers (ATT or the none supporting T-Mobile) to get access to the Passport. I can see a few consumers doing this, but I doubt that many government or corporate customers would do the same for this one high end device.

(and no using the Passport as a VoLTE only device is not an option in the foreseeable future)
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-10-14 09:44 AM
    If BlackBerry is going to lose money or break even on devices, it might as well because of high build quality and flagship worthy technical specs. I am encouraged that there are so many reviews comparing Passport to iPhone, G3, M8 and S5, even if the Passport is eventually dismissed by the reviewer for not having a home button, or availability of some time wasting app that the reviewer insists, no 21st century person can survive without, it is obvious that these reviewers are having to grasp at straws and place high priority on minor feature sets where the ios/android world is better and dismissing the importance of battery life, efficiency of using the core tasks of a communication device and of course, security.

Posted via CB10
    I bold faced things that most consumers don't care about.
    11-10-14 09:53 AM
57 123