Day three on my Passport and I have a small scratch on the glass on 5th day. Is this glass soft?

I am really puzzled about this scratch on day five. My Z10 is almost 2 years old and no scratches. My Playbook is close to 4 years old and no scratches. My Z10 was usually in its holster but sometime in a pocket or stuck in a small brief case. The Playbook, was often stuck in a tight brief case with no special protection. This glass on the Passport must be particularly soft.

All said, this display is fabulous and even in bright sun it is great. Has a strange color when viewed through my polarized sun glasses.

I have two different cases ordered for it but no holster. Carrying it on one's person when not wearing a suit coat or carrying a brief case is a challenge.
    10-25-14 05:23 PM
    It's Gorilla Glass 3.... it's not soft, quite the opposite

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    10-25-14 05:26 PM
    I always thought it was made of Gorilla glass like Z30... You should put a screen protector anyway! I always do, who knows!? I dropped my Q one day on the asphalt. The protector film saved me! It got plenty of scratches, even a hole by a stone. When I removed the film, I was pleased to discover that the screen was intact!

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    10-25-14 05:29 PM
    It uses Gorilla Glass 3. What did you do to it!? Haha. Ouch.
    No scratches here!
    And, to the previous poster, the Z30 did not use Gorilla Glass 3, and its screen was notoriously prone to scratches. This is not the case with the Passport. That being said, if you managed to avoid scratching your Z30, I'd imagine you'll be more than set now.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:46 PM
    Sand scratches glass easily... damn you sand

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 08:49 AM
    Same here. I have a scratch on my screen and have no idea how it got there!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 06:24 PM
    I have a scratch or two as well. They're hardly noticeable but still, goes to show that even Gorilla Glass isn't perfect.

Posted via CB10
    AlexanderJJJ likes this.
    10-30-14 06:26 PM
    I have a scratch or two as well. They're hardly noticeable but still, goes to show that even Gorilla Glass isn't perfect.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, only can see them at certain angles. Kind of bothers me, but oh well. Should have put a screen protector on it I guess.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 06:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just goes to show that people should always put a screen protector...

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 06:43 PM
    I will say that I was rocking my first passport naked and taking particular care of it only placing it in empty pockets I had 2 or 3 hairline scratches on the screen. Only visible with the screen off in certain angles but definitely there. I was kind of upset. But scratches like that on any screen are pretty standard.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 06:52 PM
    I have no screen protector, no case, no scratches, and very little finger smudges. Out of the Blackberry's I have had I believe it is safe to say that this has the better glass.
    10-30-14 07:34 PM
    I also have had my Z10 for almost two years now without a protector, and it is scratch free. Now, passport has gorilla 3 which worries me that it is relatively easy to obtain scratches from sand. I think I will still get a protector just in case, but I lose the smooth screen texture when swipe

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 04:34 AM
    I also have had my Z10 for almost two years now without a protector, and it is scratch free. Now, passport has gorilla 3 which worries me that it is relatively easy to obtain scratches from sand. I think I will still get a protector just in case, but I lose the smooth screen texture when swipe

Posted via CB10
    Just wait until tempered glass protectors come available, this way you can still protect the screen easily while keep the glass feel of the original screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 06:23 AM
    As far scratches, I have learnt so far, the more you look for more you find it! So lets have the illusion that it doesn't !
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-31-14 06:52 AM
    Day three on my Passport and I have a small scratch on the glass on 5th day. Is this glass soft?

I am really puzzled about this scratch on day five. My Z10 is almost 2 years old and no scratches. My Playbook is close to 4 years old and no scratches. My Z10 was usually in its holster but sometime in a pocket or stuck in a small brief case. The Playbook, was often stuck in a tight brief case with no special protection. This glass on the Passport must be particularly soft.

All said, this display is fabulous and even in bright sun it is great. Has a strange color when viewed through my polarized sun glasses.

I have two different cases ordered for it but no holster. Carrying it on one's person when not wearing a suit coat or carrying a brief case is a challenge.
    It probably came in contact with a grain of sand somehow that rubbed on it. Unfortunate.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 09:54 AM