Come on, hand over the wallpaper! Thanks

LOCOSDEL136_ORG likes this.
    03-06-15 11:52 AM
    I got mine from AT&T this past Monday. I had to get another Nano Sim for it, so when I went to one store and told them I needed another Nano Sim for my "Passport", the lady looked crazed She finally informed me that they (AT&T) do not sell "Passport Apps"! I fell in the floor laughing at her! I had to leave and go to another store where again the store DID NOT have ANY BlackBerry's in stock but a real nice employee helped me with the SIM. I told her what the other store employee said and she laughed, but admitted she had never seen the Passport. I showed the Passport to her and she stated she hoped her store would be getting them.
    I also ordered the ONLY case currently offered for this version of Passport and I must say, the BodyGlove case isn't too bad! Still learning this massive device, coming from the Z10 its a B-E-A-S-T!!!!
    03-06-15 02:16 PM
    I'm over in Mount Dora and they told me they're to small of a store to carry it. I was just shocked.

Posted via CB10
    I actually drove to the Millenia Orlando AT&T Store today opposite Ikea where the Dr Phillips store told me they stocked them. The sales guy there looked at me like I was crazy - his response was - no stores sell BlackBerry anymore!

Unbelievable! I am ordering on Amazon now.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 06:53 PM
    I drove to a main corporate AT&T Store yesterday to check it out in Orlando that stocks all phones. Two sales guys never heard of the BlackBerry Passport!!

The manager came out and had to look it up and said no stores carry or demonstrate Blackberries anymore except for a very select few. He recommended a store 20 miles away and admitted he didn't know why they were not sent the new BlackBerry phones to sell or demonstrate.

He did offer to order one for me if I paid for it up front.

I thought we got over this hurdle and assumed all AT&T stores were now promoting and selling the phones. Such a shame....

Posted via CB10
    No way. Are you sure it was a corporate store? I live in Orlando and all corporate store employees were very well trained on both the classic and passport. Which store did you go to?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 07:02 PM
    I actually drove to the Millenia Orlando AT&T Store today opposite Ikea where the Dr Phillips store told me they stocked them. The sales guy there looked at me like I was crazy - his response was - no stores sell BlackBerry anymore!

Unbelievable! I am ordering on Amazon now.

Posted via CB10
    Not a corporate store.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 07:04 PM
    I went to the store in Dr Phillips plaza near Charlie's Steakhouse and then the corporate store next to Ikea - both claimed to be corporate stores.

Where did you find a store with Blackberrys?
    03-06-15 07:04 PM
    These stores all have the passport in stock right now to sell.

All stores have the classic.
    So who's buying the AT&T Passport?-img_20150306_202242.png
    So who's buying the AT&T Passport?-img_20150306_202249.png
    So who's buying the AT&T Passport?-img_20150306_202254.png

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 07:23 PM
    Thanks Benjamin - I'll head up a further bit North on I4 tomorrow to check them out!

Appreciate your help!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 07:52 PM
    Thanks Benjamin - I'll head up a further bit North on I4 tomorrow to check them out!

Appreciate your help!

Posted via CB10
    You should go to the one on 4313 east colonial. They are all very knowledgeable about BlackBerry and really talk up the phones and os. They are also the only place in Orlando that currently has the body glove case/holster in stock to purchase and it's only $25. Just take i4 to the 408 then get off at bumby, take a left on bumby and a right on colonial. Then it's a few miles ahead on your left right past tacobell. Don't get tricked and go to the one in colonial square on the corner of bumby and colonial.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 10:50 PM
    Perfect thank you!
    03-06-15 10:51 PM
    Thanks for the reccomendation on the body glove case detgm, will order one up asap as my friends looking for a case for his att passport but wasn't sure how the body glove case would be
    cheers!
    03-07-15 04:56 AM
    Does it support wireless charging?
    Think it will work on bell mobilty?

I have a BlackBerry unlocked passport, which I love, but for some reason, I think I would really like the wireless charge feature

But maybe once I had it, I wouldn't use it?

Any thoughts on the wireless charging?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:42 AM
    I'm not too sold on wireless charging, period. I still see it as a gimmick. But, I also understand why they have developed it...
    03-07-15 09:35 AM
    Excuse my laziness for asking here. What apparatus is needed for wireless charging? I browsed shop CB and saw nothing.
    03-07-15 10:52 AM
    Excuse my laziness for asking here. What apparatus is needed for wireless charging? I browsed shop CB and saw nothing.
    You will just need a charging pad, and you will have to go third-party for this. There are a ton of good ones on Amazon and eBay for
    Last edited by vvildstar; 03-07-15 at 05:52 PM.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-07-15 10:56 AM
    I'm not too sold on wireless charging, period. I still see it as a gimmick. But, I also understand why they have developed it...
    How is it a gimmick? What do you do when you walk into your office and sit down at your desk? I slide my phones out of my pocket and place them on top of my desk. Now I slide them out of my pocket and place them on these pads and everytime I get up from my desk I walk away with phones that have 100% full batteries. That's amazingly convenient.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-07-15 12:22 PM
    Hey farmwersteve,

Yes, it will work with bell if unlocked,

and I think wireless charging is pretty useful as Benjamin Black said
    if you sit at your desk and put your phone on the charging pad when you leave for the day it's charged up without having to
    think about it.

Not a necessary feature but useful for some people.
    03-07-15 03:33 PM
    I picked up the duracell powermat from Amazon for 8.99 shipped. Works great, but not through the Bodyglove case. I'm thinking about cutting out a hole for the BlackBerry logo on the case. I think that is the receiver for the wireless charger on the Passport. I'll do that tomorrow and will report if it works after that...

I'm a big dude living in a big world. I need a big phone! Posted via my amazingly correctly sized Passport!
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    03-07-15 04:31 PM
    Perfect thank you!
    Did you get it? What did you think?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 09:48 PM
    I picked up the duracell powermat from Amazon for 8.99 shipped. Works great, but not through the Bodyglove case. I'm thinking about cutting out a hole for the BlackBerry logo on the case. I think that is the receiver for the wireless charger on the Passport. I'll do that tomorrow and will report if it works after that...

I'm a big dude living in a big world. I need a big phone! Posted via my amazingly correctly sized Passport!
    Let us know if this works out. Wife has the Body Glove and was wondering if the cover would effect the wireless charging.
    03-07-15 10:52 PM
    Not yet , was stuck in a one hour tailback of traffic on I4 all afternoon trying to get to Colonial. Will try again when they reopen. Thx
    03-07-15 10:56 PM
    Got me an ATT Passport, the curved edges have not created an issue for me at least. There is one simple ATT brand label o the back cover it is the image of the ATT globe to me it is not overbearing and hardly noticeable. I keep mine in a holster on my hip, I bought the body glove one that ATT offered for 25 bucks.. When I wen to the ATT store at the time like 3 days after the launch on the stores where only sent 3 and it was not available in all the store only a select few in the Northern VA, Wash DC area. As a matter of fact I got my hands on the last one they hand in there inventory.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 11:47 PM
    You will just need a charging pad, and you will have to go third-party for this. There are a ton of good ones on Amazon and eBay for
    Thanks. Nice idea. If nothing else saves wear and tear on USB receptacle. Though all BBs I've had have been very durable here.

BB (I like your initials), good point about charging all day. However I must say, I'm getting 48 plus hours on my phone per charge. Awesome device.
    03-08-15 10:14 AM
    Thanks. Nice idea. If nothing else saves wear and tear on USB receptacle. Though all BBs I've had have been very durable here.

BB (I like your initials), good point about charging all day. However I must say, I'm getting 48 plus hours on my phone per charge. Awesome device.
    Exactly my thought.. I haven't had a problem with that usb receptor, however wireless charging will allow that trend to continue
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-08-15 12:39 PM
    I'm curious to know if there are any wireless chargers that can charge the passport with its case on?
    03-08-15 03:38 PM
302 ... 910111213