I stopped by my local AT&T store last night to get a nano sim for my new Passport direct from shop BlackBerry. They rep who I spoke with last week just received their demo model in and expected shipments for Friday's official release today. Since I demo'd my Z30 and OS capabilities for him last week he was heading to fire up the demo and play with the Passport.

Z30-simply the best touch BlackBerry
    02-19-15 10:55 AM
    I just called my local store again. Was told they should have them in today and for sale tomorrow. 24 hours to go. This day can't go fast enough.
    02-19-15 12:56 PM
    I am a Verizon customer no longer under contract so I stopped by my local ATT store here in Cincinnati and when I asked the associate if they have a demo unit of the Passport for tomorrow he asked me what the Passport is. He then talked to someone and said, I'm sure we can order it for you tomorrow.

This is an actual store (not kiosk) in the mall here at Kenwood (busiest mall in the region by far).... very nice new store too. Just really said though.
    02-19-15 03:22 PM
    Called several ATT stores in Michigan none have reported that they have the passport available for sale tomorrow but do have the classic!! Hoping to have a passport tomorrow.......
    02-19-15 06:59 PM
    I am a Verizon customer no longer under contract so I stopped by my local ATT store here in Cincinnati and when I asked the associate if they have a demo unit of the Passport for tomorrow he asked me what the Passport is. He then talked to someone and said, I'm sure we can order it for you tomorrow.

This is an actual store (not kiosk) in the mall here at Kenwood (busiest mall in the region by far).... very nice new store too. Just really said though.
    My previous post was regarding the store in the Kenwood mall... that rep probably doesn't know what he's talking about, as the other reps there (two women) assured me they'll have a demo unit, inventory, and accessories tomorrow.

Also just called them to confirm - they are opening at 10am, not 9am, but said they have "limited stock" and will probably sell out before noon...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by paxtonbt; 02-19-15 at 08:25 PM.
    02-19-15 07:07 PM
    AT&T Passport (SQW100-3) loses Verizon (13) and the EMEA/Asia roaming bands (20/8), but has improved aggregation with pre-existing frequencies (29), so domestic LTE should be faster.
    Their page for the -3 has gone up and holy hell does this have a lot of LTE bands as well. They dropped b8 and b13, but list the other eight found in the -1. Missing is also b29.
    02-20-15 12:53 AM
    4G-LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17, and 20

Raino am I missing any other LTE bands? What LTE bands does the -1 come with? Do you see any advantage regarding reception and owning the -3 over the Shopblackberry.com -1
    02-20-15 08:20 AM
    Anyone get one yet? 10am on the east coast. I got 4 hours to go.
    02-20-15 09:05 AM
    Anyone get one yet? 10am on the east coast. I got 4 hours to go.
    Too cold. It's just too cold.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 09:23 AM
    4G-LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17, and 20

Raino am I missing any other LTE bands? What LTE bands does the -1 come with? Do you see any advantage regarding reception and owning the -3 over the Shopblackberry.com -1
    Those bands were the ones I saw too. The -1 has those eight plus b8 and b13. So for AT&T, it's no better. And AT&T fails to mention UMTS 1700, but it's definitely there lol.

I thought maybe AT&T hasn't started listing b29 in their phones' specs yet, but it's there in the LG G3's description. So it's odd that they don't list it for the Passport, and aside from the PTCRB certification, I haven't seen b29 anywhere.

Edit: the -3 may have LTE b8 and UMTS 900 as well. BB says it does, AT&T doesn't.
    Last edited by raino; 02-20-15 at 09:49 AM.
    02-20-15 09:35 AM
    Those bands were the ones I saw too. The -1 has those eight plus b8 and b13. So for AT&T, it's no better. And AT&T fails to mention UMTS 1700, but it's definitely there lol.

I thought maybe AT&T hasn't started listing b29 in their phones' specs yet, but it's there in the LG G3's description. So it's odd that they don't list it for the Passport, and aside from the PTCRB certification, I haven't seen b29 anywhere.
    I just bought a new one from DRI with the sale and extra coupon and my reception is much improved. Who knows why but I am happy and glad that I only paid $432 for a brand new white one. Thanks for all of your help and information.
    raino likes this.
    02-20-15 09:38 AM
    I was absolutely planning on buying one today. I called the only store in my town and 3 stores an hour away. Nobody has the passport. One store even said they didn't think any retail locations would be stocking it. Mildly disappointing.
    02-20-15 10:34 AM
    Just got back from the ATT store closest to my office. They were totally clueless. When I asked if they had the new BB's the first guy said they had to be bought from BB direct for full price. After I explained that they launched them today on the carrier the 2nd guy said he didn't know what I was talking about and that I should call ATT direct for info. Guess I won't have a PP today...
    02-20-15 10:37 AM
    Just got back from the ATT store closest to my office. They were totally clueless. When I asked if they had the new BB's the first guy said they had to be bought from BB direct for full price. After I explained that they launched them today on the carrier the 2nd guy said he didn't know what I was talking about and that I should call ATT direct for info. Guess I won't have a PP today...
    You should have told them to look at ATTs website. They are up for sale on their now.
    02-20-15 10:44 AM
    You should have told them to look at ATTs website. They are up for sale on their now.
    I did; that's when I was told to call ATT direct. "It must be an online only thing"
    02-20-15 10:46 AM
    Lol, what a joke as usual.

http://m.att.com/shopmobile/cellphon...r_content.html

If you go to that link and click on "check in store availability" it will search 50 stores nearby. I'm right outside the DC area and it could not find one single store.

Guess it's going to be an on line only type of thing, which means no one will get to try it out in person when it catches their eye, which means it'll be DOA.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 10:53 AM
    I did; that's when I was told to call ATT direct. "It must be an online only thing"
    The dirtbags. Sorry for you.
    02-20-15 10:53 AM
    Guess it's going to be an on line only type of thing, which means no one will get to try it out in person when it catches their eye, which means it'll be DOA.
    It is available in stores, but doesn't look to be every single store. Reno, NYC, Sacramento are examples of some places where stores have them in stock.

I wonder what the Classic's in-store availability is like.
    02-20-15 10:56 AM
    Lol, what a joke as usual.

Blackberry Passport -- AT&T

If you go to that link and click on "check in store availability" it will search 50 stores nearby. I'm right outside the DC area and it could not find one single store.

Posted via CB10
    According to that link, no stores close to my work or home have stock. Strange since the one near my home is a full company store.

I really don't want to buy online...coming from a Q10, I wanted to get the PP and Classic in my hands to decide which I wanted.
    02-20-15 10:57 AM
    10 local AT&T stores and none have the Passport in stock. ordered it online and email confirmation says ship date is 2/25 - 2/27.
    02-20-15 10:58 AM
    Stopped into a fairly large store on my way to work this morning (large metro city). They DID have the display Passport up! (way in the back of the store of course) so I was able to at least look at the phone and hold it. The salesman was busy selling somebody an iPhone and I didn't have time to actually buy the phone this morning anyway. I am also not sure about the size because I have smaller hands. I am currently a Torch 9800 user (I LOVE that phone don't care what anyone else thinks of it) but it's showing its age so it's time to upgrade. The store also had the Classic and while I like the physical feel of that phone better, am thinking it's a backwards move.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-20-15 11:02 AM
    10 local AT&T stores and none have the Passport in stock. ordered it online and email confirmation says ship date is 2/25 - 2/27.
    Drat, that's another week.
    02-20-15 11:18 AM
    I am currently a Torch 9800 user (I LOVE that phone don't care what anyone else thinks of it) but it's showing its age so it's time to upgrade. The store also had the Classic and while I like the physical feel of that phone better, am thinking it's a backwards move.
    I respect your Torch love. I still use mine as an auxiliary device. If only they made a Z10 slider....
    02-20-15 11:20 AM
    Just ordered mine this morning� Now the wait.
    02-20-15 11:24 AM
    I got that same email. I wonder why the delayed shipping? It didn't say anything about being back ordered...kind of frustrating.
    02-20-15 11:34 AM
302 ... 34567 ...