already got mine two days ago, didn't want the bloatware that comes with carrier branded devices
    adjdudley21 and anon(3732391) like this.
    02-16-15 09:18 PM
    The following is a chat conversation with ATT this morning. According to the rep. I can switch the SIM cards back and forth with no additional line or data fees:

Illona E: Because the Passport is not yet available to purchase, we don't have a delivery timeframe available yet.
    Illona E: You can purchase the phone in-store and online beginning February 20th.
    Dean: I understand you have serveral plans $199 plus 2 years or montly installments
    Illona E: Correct, we have the 2-year pricing option of $199.99, the AT&T Next 12 option for $32.50, AT&T Next 18 for $27.09, and AT&T Next 24 for $21.67.
    Dean: so will my bill only increase by $21.67 for 24 months
    Dean: is there any service charges to switch or add?
    Illona E: AT&T Next 24 is 30 monthly installments of $21.67 with the opportunity to trade in the phone at 24 months for a new phone.
    Illona E: There are no service charges to switch the SIM cards around. As far as add, are you talking about adding a new line or, adding what?
    Dean: No just adding a phone
    Illona E: If you add an additional line of service, there is going to be an additional line pricing cost.
    Dean: ok thak you very much you wrere so helpful
    Illona E: It's been my pleasure! May I help with anything else at this time?
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 02-16-15 at 09:54 PM.
    02-16-15 09:44 PM
    I think I will either buy one for $199 and add the 2 year on to my existing or buy one outright $419. The option to upgrade looks also good but there is a lot of interest. I want my wife to get rid of her useless Samsung but she does not like changes so I will ease her into the phone.

Don't know if she can adapt to the Passport.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 02-17-15 at 03:43 AM.
    02-16-15 09:50 PM
    I know a big difference is design and curved corners but I'm surprised nobody is craving wireless charging. If my white pp can be fitted with wireless charging, it'd be even more solid.

Posted via CB10
    who needs wireless charging when you can just hook your phone up to the charger and text and email on the laptop... lol

oh and its not that big of a deal to me, its pretty restrictive, since it has to be on the mat to charge, meaning if you pick it up, it won't charge, i prefer the wires for now... much more flexibility,
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-16-15 09:53 PM
    That's what I'm thinking. My Passport instantly drops to 4G when moving inside of any substantial structure (like a big box store). Seems that band 29 is at 700MHz, which would (being a relatively low frequency) definitely play a role in improving penetration and/or distance of propagation.

Would be a matter of actually trying it out in your environments to see if the improvement is worth the extra cost and changes in appearance (if you don't like them, that is).

Posted via CB10
    hahahaha penentration... ok back to being an adult
    02-16-15 09:56 PM
    ..........oh and its not that big of a deal to me, its pretty restrictive, since it has to be on the mat to charge, meaning if you pick it up, it won't charge, i prefer the wires for now... much more flexibility,
    Just a matter of opinion in a cage than on a chain?
    02-16-15 09:58 PM
    Just a matter of opinion in a cage than on a chain?
    exactly, thats why I said TO ME!!!!
    Mr4aces, gritsinct and bungaboy like this.
    02-16-15 10:13 PM
    The wireless charging makes for an even more compelling argument toward getting one. I had a Palm Pre and enjoyed that feature.

One question regarding the criticism of bloatware. Couldn't that be circumvented by using an autoloader? When I upgraded the OS on my AT&T Z10 with an autoloader the AT&T apps disappeared.
    kb1234 likes this.
    02-16-15 11:24 PM
    Is it up to Blackberry or is it up to the accessory manufacturers? I doubt BlackBerry has much to do with what accessories are available.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport using Tapatalk
    BlackBerry does have to order the accessory manufacturers to make official BlackBerry-branded ones, no? There are many third party accessory makers who make leather pouches, flip cases and such but rare for BlackBerry branded ones. I generally prefer BlackBerry branded accessories over completely third party ones.
    02-17-15 10:35 AM
    I think I will either buy one for $199 and add the 2 year on to my existing or buy one outright $419. The option to upgrade looks also good but there is a lot of interest. I want my wife to get rid of her useless Samsung but she does not like changes so I will ease her into the phone.

Don't know if she can adapt to the Passport.
    Classic is $419 outright, Passport is $649 outright.
    02-17-15 10:47 AM
    Classic is $419 outright, Passport is $649 outright.
    Your right! Maybe monthly isn't so bad

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 11:08 AM
    The wireless charging makes for an even more compelling argument toward getting one. I had a Palm Pre and enjoyed that feature.

One question regarding the criticism of bloatware. Couldn't that be circumvented by using an autoloader? When I upgraded the OS on my AT&T Z10 with an autoloader the AT&T apps disappeared.
    Compared to what I've seen on Samsung devices. BB10 carrier bloatware is minimal. Maybe a single carrier app to let you access your account online.

But yes,.. you should be able to remove everything except for the splash image that shows up when you boot up the device (sim card dependent it seems).

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 11:15 AM
    anybody know anything regarding accessories for the new passport?

Will AT&T be stocking phone cases? I was going to buy a case for it online but realized that they only have cases for the original version
    02-17-15 01:26 PM
    anybody know anything regarding accessories for the new passport?

Will AT&T be stocking phone cases? I was going to buy a case for it online but realized that they only have cases for the original version
    Dang, I bought a PP holster from Shop CB last week anticipating this release. They were out of stock at the time. I'm going to try and stop the order.
    02-17-15 02:02 PM
    I'm getting it Friday morning. Called my local AT&T store yesterday and they said if they don't have them in, a larger store in the next town will. This in Alaska even, so encouraging for those of you in less remote locations.

There is no pre-order being offered.
    02-17-15 02:06 PM
    BlackBerry does have to order the accessory manufacturers to make official BlackBerry-branded ones, no? There are many third party accessory makers who make leather pouches, flip cases and such but rare for BlackBerry branded ones. I generally prefer BlackBerry branded accessories over completely third party ones.
    In that you are correct. I'm sure BB approaches accessory vendors to make branded accessories. I just wonder what the payout responsibilities of a company like Seidio has when they make cases and such to BB or other smart phone manufacturers with the "generic" cases and other accessories. I'm sure these companies are free to decide not to make case for a model phone if they don't want to for whatever reasons.
    02-17-15 02:13 PM
    Just confirmed with Shop CB, that the current cases and holsters are not compatible with the AT&T version. They let me cancel my holster order. Snip from Seidio's website, they don't have anything yet:

So who's buying the AT&T Passport?-seidio.png
    02-17-15 02:40 PM
    Stopped in an AT&T store in Ohio, one of those stores that's in a mall. They said for sure there will be a demo unit in store on Friday and that they were really excited about it. They also said they were worried about the sales situation that would go down on Friday because they honestly felt like they didn't receive enough inventory for the demand. They basically told me it would be really tough to snatch one up before they sell out, which I find unfortunate.

They also mentioned they had received full stock of accessories for that will be put on the floor for Friday. So it looks like you'll be able to get cases from AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 03:37 PM
    I am definitely buying, wonder if ATT will allow you to purchase online a few days before and pick up in the store on Friday!!!!!!!
    Already checked that! No pre ordering!
    It won't be on line or available in stores till the 20th. PERIOD!
    02-17-15 03:49 PM
    Already checked that! No pre ordering!
    It won't be on line or available in stores till the 20th. PERIOD!
    My local corporate AT&T store received the Passport and Classic demos today. My rep said they will have inventory to sell on Friday, February 20.

Bob
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    02-17-15 03:53 PM
    Stopped in an AT&T store in Ohio, one of those stores that's in a mall. They said for sure there will be a demo unit in store on Friday and that they were really excited about it. They also said they were worried about the sales situation that would go down on Friday because they honestly felt like they didn't receive enough inventory for the demand. They basically told me it would be really tough to snatch one up before they sell out, which I find unfortunate.

They also mentioned they had received full stock of accessories for that will be put on the floor for Friday. So it looks like you'll be able to get cases from AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting,.. the real measure of their commitment to this will come when we see the first AT&T-BlackBerry ad (TV, radio, printed) in the U.S.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 04:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Accessories is good.

Selling out, I don't know if this is good or bad?
    02-17-15 04:05 PM
    I will not be buying the AT&T passport at the moment.
    02-17-15 05:49 PM
    What? No LTE for AT&T? I just ordered the Z30. :\

That's one of the reasons I want to move away from the Z30. I'm sick of not getting LTE with AT&T.
    02-17-15 06:39 PM
    What? No LTE for AT&T? I just ordered the Z30. :\
    Only in certain areas. Doesn't have all the frequencies for it.
    02-17-15 06:41 PM
302 12345 ...