07-09-16 10:27 PM
90 ... 234
tools
    ......but now are totally on board with it? Been watching these Passport discussions for awhile and it seems a big shift to folks really wanting to, at least, give it an honest look. "Fugly" seemed like the going theme. Usability may triumph the overall looks. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    I'm guilty. And now, it's going good be my next device.

Posted via CB10 using white Z30!
    09-05-14 10:07 PM
    I thought it was ugly and wasn't crazy about it. But then it was so unique that I really wanted it.

If I buy a BlackBerry again I would buy a Passport.
    Wait! If you buy a blackberry again? i thought you were happy with the Q10 - what changed?
    09-07-14 12:27 AM
    Wait! If you buy a blackberry again? i thought you were happy with the Q10 - what changed?
    Oh I loved my Q10. But the move towards Android apps on BB devices is not for me.

I still have my Q in case things change. Just upgraded the OS on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    09-07-14 04:26 AM
    Reading through the comments everybody starts off with either "at first", "bizarre" or even "ugly" and it comes for loyal brand crackberry fans. I'm just wondering what people might think if they are not brand loyal. I personally don't like the Passport and rather stick with Q10 type form factor. Will be interesting to see the hands-on reviews and the overall reaction of regular consumers.
    09-07-14 05:06 AM
    yea I admit I was one of them who didn't like it when I first saw it but now with more and more real life photos .................I want one
    09-07-14 06:32 AM
    Reading through the comments everybody starts off with either "at first", "bizarre" or even "ugly" and it comes for loyal brand crackberry fans. I'm just wondering what people might think if they are not brand loyal. I personally don't like the Passport and rather stick with Q10 type form factor. Will be interesting to see the hands-on reviews and the overall reaction of regular consumers.
    Yup.

I haven't done a statistical survey but, like you, I've noted the number of "fugly" posts far outweigh the "wow" posts. And that's here, on Crackberry.

When even diehard CB'ers seem to be, at best, unenthused by the Passport... I think its prospects for attracting general consumers are poor.

I can see some Q10 guys upgrading to a Passport, a swap that won't help much to build BB's marketshare, but I can't see many in the full-face touch crowd (and I include BB Z10 users as well as Android users here) feeling a pressing need to switch to a Passport.

The Passport is another BB phone that preaches to the (diminishing) choir, and IMO won't win many new converts to BB.
    09-07-14 09:20 AM
    I never wrote it off. I wanted one as soon as I read the specs. I do not holster my phone, so the size and design work for my needs. I love my Z30, but I rarely put it in landscape mode. So, having the screen format of the Passport is just what I want. I may end up keeping my Z30 anyway.
    09-07-14 09:35 AM
    Yup.

I haven't done a statistical survey but, like you, I've noted the number of "fugly" posts far outweigh the "wow" posts. And that's here, on Crackberry.

When even diehard CB'ers seem to be, at best, unenthused by the Passport... I think its prospects for attracting general consumers are poor.

I can see some Q10 guys upgrading to a Passport, a swap that won't help much to build BB's marketshare, but I can't see many in the full-face touch crowd (and I include BB Z10 users as well as Android users here) feeling a pressing need to switch to a Passport.

The Passport is another BB phone that preaches to the (diminishing) choir, and IMO won't win many new converts to BB.
    Good somebody else has noticed it. I might be looking for a Classic if the price is right but the Passport = No thank you.
    09-07-14 10:20 AM
    My initial reaction to passport was a BIG NO. But after seeing the specs , design and other features I realized that the new innovative square design could easily make the Passport the phone of the year. The creative design of the keyboard is also something no other phone has. It’s half physical keyboard and half virtual; absolutely mind-blowing !
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    09-09-14 03:17 AM
    I actually thought it was so weird and ugly. Now I can't even put it down!

Straight from my BlackBerry Passport smartphone running OS10... Stay away from Junkroid on Steroids!!
    07-09-16 06:29 AM
    Should've rolled out the silver edition first just as the Z30 should've been the first bB10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 10:07 AM
    I'm still using mine and contemplating getting another. The only thing stopping me is the idea that it will get even cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-09-16 08:21 PM
    I wrote it off then 6 months ago bought one. Happy with it until I bought a PRIV, now it's put away because the PRIV has been that good to me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-09-16 08:54 PM
    Initially, I thought the passport was hideous ad too big for my little hands. Then I saw the Passport SE and I was sucked in by its chamfered edges and contrasting black with silver metal trim. Absolutely gorgeous. Still concerned about the size but, If the price would drop a little more, I would be a proud Passport SE owner.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 10:09 PM
    I got the SE last week. Love it. As long as I can get five android apps, I'm happy.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-09-16 10:27 PM
90 ... 234