......but now are totally on board with it? Been watching these Passport discussions for awhile and it seems a big shift to folks really wanting to, at least, give it an honest look. "Fugly" seemed like the going theme. Usability may triumph the overall looks. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 08:49 AM
    I wrote off this device upon first glance, as it was, as you put it, fugly. However... the sheer usability has me pretty sold. I want to try one out (and I'm hoping my company's BB rep will bring one), before buying. I have a Z30 and had a Z10. However, the Passport would kind of solve all of my issues. I'm looking forward.

Usability has definitely triumphed over looks for this device. However, I'm usually like that with devices. A phone can be hideous, but if it's capable to do what I need, I'll buy it.
    09-02-14 09:00 AM
    I've written it off solely because it has a physical keyboard. But I may be swayed once I test it out.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:03 AM
    I've only written it off for me personally. I have no interest in it for my own use, but I do keep an eye on it as a device for BlackBerry in general - hoping it does well for them.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-02-14 10:30 AM
    I thought it looked awful at first but it has grown on me. Still not interested in purchasing one as I will wait for an upgraded all touch device.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:33 AM
    I simply thought it was G*d awful to look at, but I will say the more I see of it the more it looks appealing. It also may be the 'placebo' effect hearing everyone else liking it and buying into the hype.

I will say, as someone who has just switched back to his Q10 from a Z10 for a second time I will say that keyboard sure looks sexy. To be able to have the swipe / flick gestures on a physical keyboard really stands out to me.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:38 AM
    It's all about price! if it is too high, I will write it off.
    THBW, bakron1 and tp2386 like this.
    09-02-14 10:48 AM
    The 1440x1440 has sold me, plain and simple

Everything else after is just a bonus, I can't wait to have a super high res screen that I can put to work immediately, as I'm sure others can relate

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    09-02-14 11:17 AM
    I thought it was ugly and wasn't crazy about it. But then it was so unique that I really wanted it.

If I buy a BlackBerry again I would buy a Passport.
    09-02-14 11:29 AM
    Precisely my sentiments and thought process. I had an opportunity to play with one for about 4 hours and it does deliver on the 'wants' I expected on the the device. Bigger screen, keyboard, pretty good specs...it has the stuff I was looking for. The wider screen makes viewing content even better than on my Z30.

I mentioned it before. The keyboard width will take a little adjusting. It's wider than any keyboard we've all used on any previous BlackBerry. But beyond that, it is capable of delivering on the expectations people have..it just depends on what those expectations are. Everyone is different.

In all honesty, I do have a major dilemma with the size of it. I am used to having my BlackBerry on my holster. I did that for all BlackBerry devices since I hear and feel messages come thru, I answer them, then shove it back into the holster.

With the passport as big as it is, this is a pocket carrying or bag carrying device which will make notifications a bit harder to pick up. Then actually holding it up, the device is definitely a two-hander...

I haven't completely convinced myself of getting one. However for now, I probably will get one.
    09-02-14 11:41 AM
    BB10 is nearly to the point where I can use it by itself without another device with me. Nearly. That being said I think the 1:1 screen will stop me from buying it. I value the ability to have things in landscape too much and have a tall focused portrait view as well. I don't think I can deal with the 1:1. I'm a sysadmin and go through about 250 emails per day, spreadsheets, phone calls, etc. I should be in the target market, but I don't think it's for me.
    09-02-14 11:44 AM
    I, too, thought the Passport just looked bizarre when the first photos came out. But these days, it seems my eyes have acclimated to its strange proportions. The only thing that really turns me off is the non-replaceable battery.

But if I do decide to get one, I'll likely wait until it's price drops to around half its initial srp, just like what I did with my two month old Q10. My return to a PKB with my Q10 has been truly copacetic. The Q10 is peerless as a communications device. The Passport will likely be my next PKB BlackBerry, non-replaceable battery notwithstanding.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 11:55 AM
    Gonna trade in my Z30, get a passport!

Gonna keep my Q10 cuz there is no way another device gets close to its usability!

Small size, good battery, and qwerty! But when the khan comes out, ill probably cheat a bit order housing and stuff from china, and have a project! Convert ur q10 to p9983 loool

I'll post that online, and get kicked of crackberry for infringement or smthg loool.

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    09-02-14 12:20 PM
    They could've done something more with the appearance but I do have to say that it looks good in some pictures. I'll wait a bit more to see what it really looks like before I make a decision.
    09-02-14 12:20 PM
    It looks better now than when the first imaged appeared but the 1:1 screen is still a turnoff for me.
    09-02-14 12:39 PM
    The physical keyboard, The 1:1 screen and the width have me turned off to it. Wont be getting one. But as some have said earlier, I hope it is a success for BlackBerry. They need it.
    09-02-14 01:44 PM
    I see this as a phone for current BlackBerry users - I can't see it becoming a run away success. It will probably replace a lot of 9900! I really hope I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 02:00 PM
    I've written off thanks to the missing toolbelt and non removable battery but this baby looks absolutely gorgeaus and well made so I hope it does really well.
    09-02-14 02:02 PM
    It's different enough that I need it to be released first and find some real world reviews. I'd say 50/50 I get one.

Q10, N5, N10.
    09-02-14 02:03 PM
    Still wary about the the space bar but I'm due for an upgrade and will definitely get it as it's the latest! Keen to go back and try the keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 02:10 PM
    Passport will be a game changer for BlackBerry . Passport has ingredients of both qwerty lovers as well as all touch lovers.

From my Z30 Device using 10.3.0.1052
    09-02-14 02:12 PM
    So is it the square look or sharp edges that's constituting the "fugly" look?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 02:54 PM
    So is it the square look or sharp edges that's constituting the "fugly" look?

Posted via CB10
    To be honest. Everything. The width, the scrunched keyboard, the sharp corners, the square shape, the square screen.
    My opinion of course.
    Flatman likes this.
    09-02-14 02:59 PM
    I'm warming to it. I reckon it's merely ugly now, an advance from my initial impression that it's fugly.

I won't be getting one, but I'm interested to see just how much of a seller it'll be (is Chen right in thinking that this is the phone people are waiting for?), and how many of the "definitely gonna get one" posts here on CB lead to actual sales (when the time comes to put money where their mouths are).

Is it still this month it gets released?
    09-02-14 03:01 PM
    Guess I'll stick with my Z10 till it explodes since Verizon doesn't offer the Z30 on its site anymore and the Passport just doesn't do it for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 04:07 PM
90 123 ...