Guess I'll stick with my Z10 till it explodes since Verizon doesn't offer the Z30 on its site anymore and the Passport just doesn't do it for me.

Posted via CB10
    I just searched the Verizon site for the Z30 and came back with nothing. Did they really stop carrying it? Maybe it's just back-ordered. Boy this would really be a bad thing if there were no more Verizon Z30's.
    09-02-14 09:10 PM
    is Chen right in thinking that this is the phone people are waiting for?
    Chen's baby is the Classic, he wants to bring the tool belt back to ease migration for legacy BBOS users in businesses because he thinks that's what people are waiting for.

I'm less than convinced that Chen is right on that one, I'm more inclined to think that people are waiting for some innovation and something new and different and I think the Passport is more of a winner in that respect than the Classic. For me personally though these are not the phones for me, I'm an all touch 16:9 screen guy and need a Z50 as soon as possible Mr Chen!

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    Flatman likes this.
    09-02-14 09:27 PM
    Good to see your smiling face back on the BlackBerry forums. I'm pretty pumped about the Passport now also. PS,, hope you don't have any of 'those' photos in the iCloud

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 09:39 PM
    That previous comment was mentioned for qbnkelt. Obviously I'm not very adept at this.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 09:41 PM
    I'm torn on it. Like the size, unsure how I'll feel about that goofy keyboard and no numbers.

I'm curious...do people actually make phone purchasing decisions based on the phone being "fugly"? Really??? If a phone does what I need it to do better than some other phone then I'm getting it...who cares how pretty it is.

Though I confess I like my old Bold/Curve/Torch and current Q10 partly because they "look" like Blackberries.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 11:03 PM
    I'm torn on it. Like the size, unsure how I'll feel about that goofy keyboard and no numbers.

I'm curious...do people actually make phone purchasing decisions based on the phone being "fugly"? Really??? If a phone does what I need it to do better than some other phone then I'm getting it...who cares how pretty it is.

Though I confess I like my old Bold/Curve/Torch and current Q10 partly because they "look" like Blackberries.

Posted via CB10

I doubt anyone makes a buying decision based *solely* on how pretty a device appears, but it's certainly a factor for many.

Given a choice between two devices that did what you wanted, why would anyone deliberately choose the ugly one, say one with a goofy keyboard and no numbers...
    09-03-14 02:05 AM
    Good to see your smiling face back on the BlackBerry forums. I'm pretty pumped about the Passport now also. PS,, hope you don't have any of 'those' photos in the iCloud

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! And no worries on "those" pics.

That previous comment was mentioned for qbnkelt. Obviously I'm not very adept at this.

Posted via CB10
    Oh you did well. I got your post. Again, thank you.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    09-03-14 02:23 AM
    I recently changed my personal approach to smartphones. I was seeking out "one device to rule them all" and getting frustrated that nothing I tried fit the bill. Then I realized such a device doesn't exist (at least for me).

So I decided to try the 2 device approach - my smartphone would be the best communication tool I could find, and I would supplement it with another device for apps and other functionality.

It just made sense for me to use a BlackBerry with a physical keyboard as my smartphone of choice, and the best PKB BB I've ever used is the Bold 9900/9930.

I've been awaiting the release of the Classic, and had no interest in the Passport due to size, no tool belt, and keyboard changes.

But, to my surprise, the Passport is growing on me.

The Passport is a true BB10 flagship and has the specs and hardware to compete with any high-end phone. I think it's going to be an amazing device.

Actually, all BB10 devices with a PKB have grown on me. I wish I still had my Q10, and I even want to get a Q5!

I will be paying close attention to the Passport release and will carefully observe how people are using it and what their impressions are.

Typed with dazzling speed and accuracy on my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Mr4aces and neoberry99 like this.
    09-03-14 08:11 AM
    Don't really care about the square vs rounded corners thing. The size and the physical keyboard turn me off. I prefer all touch and the size of the Z10, maybe Z30. The passport is just too large for me.

Posted via CB10 with my Awesome Z10
    09-03-14 10:33 AM
    I would want one in the same way I want Walter White's Pontiac Aztec. Maybe if they use a BlackBerry Passport in that way I'd want one just to pretend I'm a meth cooker. Who knows.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1052 /T-Mobile USA
    09-03-14 10:41 AM
    I'm definitely going to try to get my wife, a Q10 user, on one (mostly so I can try it). I've always been a full touchscreen person, but who knows with the Passport. At first I gave it zero chance based on the physical kb alone, but the more you look at its design,... the more you realize that it really was meant to bridge the gap between a virtual kb and a physical kb. If I was a hard core physical kb person,.. I would probably be just as hesitant! As I've said before, it's all going to come down to how many prospective buyers can actually lay their hands on a live demo unit.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 10:45 AM
    You can say whatever you want about the passport... But the passport is gathering way more interest than any BB10 device until now from the media, and I'm sure most tech reviewers will want to review the passport. It would be good to make the consumer aware of the key feature that BB10 Runs android apps
    wincyUt and neoberry99 like this.
    09-03-14 10:53 AM
    The first time I saw the Passport I just thought it was dev tester device. Didn't realise it was a real product till I saw it in Chen's hands... and loved it. As much as I hated it at first, I love it now and kind of understand the design language, the concept and the "product" well.