Saw the working demo unit they had at the ATT store (They had no units to sell. Odd?). When I first viewed pictures of it I was thinking it looked pretty good but in person it was not as flattering. It sort of looked like an obese Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 09:39 AM
    I was worried about the keys too, some reports suggested they were not as easy to press, so if this issue was addressed in AT&T version than it's great.
    02-22-15 12:42 PM
    I prefer the original, its unique design.

Passport
    02-22-15 12:44 PM
    They're both sick phones. Nobody has to justify to anybody else why they find the original to be 'more formal' or generally nicer looking than the AT&T version, or vice-versa. Like, really?

The only real difference is the wireless charging, the other differences are simply aesthetic - "the philosophical theory or set of principles governing the idea of beauty at a given time and place: the clean lines, bare surfaces, and sense of space that bespeak the machine-age aesthetic; the Cubist aesthetic. Archaic. the study of the nature of sensation." - dictionary.com

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:03 PM
    I still prefer the sharp corners of the original.

I don't want to have another "nokia" phone. Lol!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 (from10.3.0.1418)
    why nokia stranded here? nokia's rounded design makes it fit in hand. How's about the passport in hand?
    02-22-15 11:20 PM
    They're both sick phones. Nobody has to justify to anybody else why they find the original to be 'more formal' or generally nicer looking than the AT&T version, or vice-versa. Like, really?

The only real difference is the wireless charging, the other differences are simply aesthetic - "the philosophical theory or set of principles governing the idea of beauty at a given time and place: the clean lines, bare surfaces, and sense of space that bespeak the machine-age aesthetic; the Cubist aesthetic. Archaic. the study of the nature of sensation." - dictionary.com

Posted via CB10
    According to the rep that sold me the phone they were educated as part of their training that there were multiple functional enhancements made such as the keys being significantly easier to press, the chin being extended to make the device less top heavy and typing feel better as well as make capacitive keyboard scrolling more natural, the back being slightly rounded so as to make the device more ergonomic and slightly less unwieldy, etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 01:16 AM
    According to the rep that sold me the phone they were educated as part of their training that there were multiple functional enhancements made such as the keys being significantly easier to press, the chin being extended to make the device less top heavy and typing feel better as well as make capacitive keyboard scrolling more natural, the back being slightly rounded so as to make the device more ergonomic and slightly less unwieldy, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. How about torsional weakness? I'd never buy another og passport, despite preferring the look of it. I hope ATT also requested a correction to the design regarding the twisting/bending frame issue (that is an inherent design flaw and not a random defect).
    02-23-15 03:34 AM
    Att passport all the way.

They didn't just redesign the shape of it.
    The screen is actually quite noticeably larger (bezel reduction), the keys are much easier to press (with much less resistance), the added chin at the bottom makes using the keyboard to scroll feel natural. the keys are also physically at least 10% larger than the keys on my old passport. The chin really makes such a difference though. My fingers regularly feel tired and get hurt using the red passport keyboard and that feeling is totally absent with the att one. I even switched back and forth to make sure and the red still hurts. I never use the touch sensitive keyboard with my red passport but am using it all the time on my att one. The wireless charging is another benefit. The weight also feels better distributed which makes the phone feel way less of a strain to hold for long periods of time.

There is no competition in my mind.

Here are some photos

Attachment 335366
    Attachment 335367

They don't do it justice.

Also, took some photos of the classic.

Attachment 335369
    Attachment 335370

Only thing I didn't like about it was how small the trackpad was. It's like a mini trackpad. Here are some pics to try to give you an idea of the size:

Attachment 335371
    Attachment 335372

The most disappointing thing is that this is how I found the BlackBerry classic
    Attachment 335368

This is how I left it (lol):

Attachment 335374

Posted via CB10
    Looks like you use an iPhone as well too : ) I use the red PP & a 6. Did you end up getting the At&t one?

Does anyone know how unlockable they are? I use T-mobile. Would be great if At&t got the colors in as well.
    02-23-15 03:52 AM
    Looks like you use an iPhone as well too : ) I use the red PP & a 6. Did you end up getting the At&t one?

Does anyone know how unlockable they are? I use T-mobile. Would be great if At&t got the colors in as well.
    I would love to know this too! (Regarding using the AT&T PP on T-Mobile)
    02-23-15 08:35 AM
    I have absolutely no problem handling my Passport, it's not 'top heavy' to me. I also have no problem typing on this keyboard. I am not a fan of the Jay Leno chin on the rounded version either. I do like both, but I don't believe the rounded one would be any easier for me to type on or handle it.

Posted via CB10
    anon5989741 likes this.
    02-24-15 01:28 AM
    Tired of people saying the chin on the att model makes you type better, lol. This is simply not true in my test, because the keyboard is the same size. The added little portion at the bottom does not do anything, however the corners make it feel just a little bit better. Overall, the original is the way to go. Oh yeah, the screen is not bigger on the AT&T model. It's still 4.5, lol. 1440 x 1440
    02-24-15 01:57 AM
36 12