We shall see. BTW how are Mike and Fi theses days? Nope never watched the final season.
    We're all good... thanks for asking
    05-03-18 06:10 PM
    Will blend and link still work?
    I have feeling that blackberry will try to kill those services so they can sell newer devices. It's a business I guess.
    05-03-18 06:16 PM
    I have feeling that blackberry will try to kill those services so they can sell newer devices. It's a business I guess.
    What devices? BB has no devices to sell anymore either way.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-03-18 06:17 PM
    What devices? BB has no devices to sell anymore either way.
    I meant more device TCL sells, blackberry will earn more money.
    05-03-18 06:21 PM
    I meant more device TCL sells, blackberry will earn more money.
    They honestly don't care about the end user - that's TCL's problem. BlackBerry only has 3 customers for their smartphone OS software.
    05-03-18 07:45 PM
    They honestly don't care about the end user - that's TCL's problem. BlackBerry only has 3 customers for their smartphone OS software.
    If Blackberry ends BB10 services, TCL will most likely to benefit from it, right?
    05-03-18 09:18 PM
    If Blackberry ends BB10 services, TCL will most likely to benefit from it, right?
    Essentially correct if bb10 users adapt although a lot will hang in until the bitter end
    05-03-18 09:34 PM
    a lot will hang in until the bitter end
    Carjackd and kbz1960 like this.
    05-03-18 10:23 PM
    Will blend and link still work?
    I turned off all of the network connections on my Passport and my Windows computer and Link still worked. I don't know about Blend.
    05-04-18 08:18 AM
    Good to know. I think I have found a way to work around everything I use on my Classic. Still waiting to see how close their next device comes to the form factor I like. Why I have two additional classics in reserve in case they don't make a bold or classic type phone
    05-04-18 08:31 AM
    Good to know. I think I have found a way to work around everything I use on my Classic. Still waiting to see how close their next device comes to the form factor I like. Why I have two additional classics in reserve in case they don't make a bold or classic type phone
    I think KEYone is the closest you'll get sizewise for awhile. BBMo/TCL and the carriers are playing "statistical probability" with a single device that is based on carrier requirements globally. Similar to early days of Android/IOS devices. Since IOS strategy was the most successful for a single OEM and the carriers, it stands to reason, find the most successful PKB size and go from there with a single device and build up volume.

Ala iPhone 3, 4 and 5. Only after the 6 and 6 plus to define a max perimeter, was the SE brought out to satisfy the original crowd of smaller diehards. Look how the standard and plus sizes are primary sold and the X and SE are lessers.
    05-04-18 04:39 PM
    4. Nokia switched off the email client, so it is not possible to imap or pop my emails anymore.
    you just need to download the Nokia Configuration Tool. Then you can configure IMAP accounts on your computer and simple sync them to your phone. I just did that last month with an E6 and it worked. The worst part (for me) was that I had to use Windows to do it ;-)
    10-22-18 04:00 AM
    you just need to download the Nokia Configuration Tool. Then you can configure IMAP accounts on your computer and simple sync them to your phone. I just did that last month with an E6 and it worked. The worst part (for me) was that I had to use Windows to do it ;-)
    Little of topic maybe but:

If you want an imap account, then there are easier ways. Go to https://applist.schumi1331.de/content/193 ,download mailbox creator and you can do a manual config.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-18 02:19 PM
    They may close blackberry server and all of BB10 device can not use anymore. Just a normal cellphone. You only can make a call nothing more.

Blackberry Passport silver edit 10.3.3 2137
    10-22-18 05:46 PM
    They may close blackberry server and all of BB10 device can not use anymore. Just a normal cellphone. You only can make a call nothing more.

No, unless they send out a destructive update. email, browsing, that should all work. Camera, maps (except BlackBerry one) should also continue to work. None of those things are dependent on BlackBerry's servers unlike back with OS7.

The only concern is if you need to reset or restore your phone and it can't contact BBM servers to activate your device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-22-18 06:19 PM
    No, unless they send out a destructive update. email, browsing, that should all work. Camera, maps (except BlackBerry one) should also continue to work. None of those things are dependent on BlackBerry's servers unlike back with OS7.

The only concern is if you need to reset or restore your phone and it can't contact BBM servers to activate your device.

What if you back up the file and restore?
    10-22-18 06:37 PM
    You can't restore Link images without BBID servers.
    10-22-18 08:16 PM
    You can't restore Link images without BBID servers.
    How? You need to sign into Link with a BBID.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-18 08:29 PM

You may correct. So don't reset your phone after BlackBerry closed server!

10-22-18 09:30 PM
    You may correct. So don't reset your phone after BlackBerry closed server!

So that means even if you leave your phone stored away in airplane and battery saving mode, you also need to check on it every couple of days to make sure it doesn't run out of battery ??

If it runs out of juice after the servers close, can one still power on the device and use it?
    Frank Wu2 likes this.
    10-23-18 05:48 AM
    So that means even if you leave your phone stored away in airplane and battery saving mode, you also need to check on it every couple of days to make sure it doesn't run out of battery ??

If it runs out of juice after the servers close, can one still power on the device and use it?
    I wouldnt be surprised if the fcc rules and emergency services the device legally must comply with could leave either a hole or at best some usability.. I never would have thought a dead battery would be something to watch out for, damn sure hope not.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 11:28 AM
    It's really sad that they're closing their servers.
    10-23-18 12:15 PM
    While it's true (at the moment at least) that you need Link, Sachesi, or a similar app to back up apps and app data, there are native BB apps that will back up your data which work independently of whether or not you are signed into a BB ID on your device.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 11:30 PM

Yes. It is known that one does not have to sign in to a Blackberry ID to use a device even now. It will function and all installed apps, etc that are not otherwise reliant upon Blackberry Limited services (BBM, Blackberry World, etc) will function.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 11:38 PM
324 ... 111213