Been interested in the passport for a long time. With everything going on with BB 10 Im wondering if be the right phone for me. The only things I use my phone for:
    Email
    Reading documents
    Light browsing
    Calls/text (I know it does good in these departments)
    Apps: whatsapp, viber, uber, sound cloud, any mp3 player, maps/gps, Facebook and messenger.

Will it run the above seamlessly?

Would love to get a BB for the first time.
    02-04-16 04:54 AM
    I do not use Uber or Sound Cloud, but everything else you mentioned I do "seamlessly" on my PP. It is a wonderful phone and I unhesitatingly recommend it.
    02-04-16 05:00 AM
    WhatsApp is working. Uber works perfectly. Viber also works. There are many MP3 players. Blackberry Facebook app is a bit dated so if you're open to third party apps then there is Face10. Documents can also be accessed and the Hub is very good especially if you have multiple email accounts.
    02-04-16 05:48 AM
    Ok thanks guys, how about the gps and maps?
    02-04-16 06:37 AM
    Google maps works pretty well. The native maps are all right

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 07:32 AM
    I use Waze and GPS works perfectly. Waze sometimes does get sluggish but it does the same thing on my Android devices as well. It's just more noticeable on the Android Player of the Passport.
    02-04-16 08:26 AM
    I am running multiple communications identities on my Passport. Something no Android or iOS device can do.

pin:2BEDD6C2

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 12:27 PM
    I use the native Maps with no problems.

Also, play Words with Friends and Dice with Buddies. Work fine, even though you didn't ask about those.
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-04-16 12:38 PM
    I am running multiple communications identities on my Passport. Something no Android or iOS device can do.

pin:2BEDD6C2

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 04:15 PM
    What do you mean?

Posted via CB10
    Custom application and service. Helps protect my communications and reduce business and operations risk.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 06:31 PM
    Been interested in the passport for a long time. With everything going on with BB 10 Im wondering if be the right phone for me. The only things I use my phone for:
    Email
    Reading documents
    Light browsing
    Calls/text (I know it does good in these departments)
    Apps: whatsapp, viber, uber, sound cloud, any mp3 player, maps/gps, Facebook and messenger.

Will it run the above seamlessly?

Would love to get a BB for the first time.

Native maps is good, but there is a paid one out there, thats a bit on the pricey side though.
    It downloads the whole country for use as an offline map. Its turn by turn directions are more detailed and the display is detailed very well with traiffc and points of interest.
    If you are using navigation a lot, I wouldn't hesitate. I bit the bullet on buying it today.

Theres a free trial, so you can see how it runs.
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

Calls,text, email, and documents, are Blackberrys bread and butter. Never had an issue.

Browsing, Get used to no flash support or download the zeus browser in the app store. But thats a little finicky as well. And get used to the square vs rectangle screen if you are already not.

For facebook, defiantly get face10. Its leagues better then the included app. The messenger 3rd party app is pretty good to.
    3rd party apps are where its at.

Mp3 player, the stock music app is great. Neutron is your next best bet.

Soundcloud is a ported app. So expect a little delay, or just use the browser version and make a home screen shortcut.

Viber,whatapp,ad uber I cant comment on.
    Last edited by DarkJoker33; 02-04-16 at 07:26 PM. Reason: filled in info
    02-04-16 07:14 PM
    I just bought a Silver Edition Passport and it will suit your needs very well. Most apps work seamlessly. I had several BB's before and was very mad at the company after dropping the well-made and "high potential" Playbook. I know where you are coming from in terms of your comment questioning where is BB10 going. I believe the PP is worth the price - get the SE Passport - the machine is of such higher quality than the LG or Samsung phones and having a pkb again is great. Apps from Amazon store essential. The PP is a real head turner at the office too, even with people in their 20's and 30's.
    BB senior management has to scream high from the mountaintop that the SE PP is the Flagship phone and market it like crazy (along with the Priv, if they want).
    02-04-16 07:58 PM
    It will absolutely suit your existing needs. There isn't anything I can't do on this phone.

About the only downfall I've had is focusing of the camera at times.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 08:46 AM
    It can do anything you want it to do and more!!

Posted via the amazing Passport
    02-05-16 09:14 AM
    Only knock I have against the passport is the video camera. If you are into recording video this is not the phone for you. It sucks big tyme!!

Posted via the amazing Passport
    02-05-16 09:16 AM
    Just like other smartphones, the Passport can do calls, send and received sms, mms and emails, browse the web, communicate through BBM, plot your schedules by using the calendar, use the excel, word, powerpoint and view pdf files and access applications through BlackBerry World and Amazon. It's like a mini computer in the palm of your hand. Go for this beast of a device.

Posted via CB10
    kekos likes this.
    02-05-16 09:30 AM
    agree with all above posts.. might add that camera is just about Ok and not very perky. However in HDR mode or ideal sun conditions it sometime stumps any 13 mp phone camera out there... IF it gets the focus right
    Notna Nosyel likes this.
    02-05-16 03:09 PM
    If you snag the camera ++ app, it gets better

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 04:50 PM
    If you snag the camera ++ app, it gets better
    People keep repeating this but I bought it and it's not better than the native app. Yes, there are more manual controls, but it fails to focus too often or fast enough.
    02-05-16 05:04 PM
    My SE does things I cant type here because I would be banned for sure!
    Its a beast of a phone and last night my dog spilled a can of beer on it and I just wiped it off and it kept kicking it!
    02-05-16 06:03 PM
    People keep repeating this but I bought it and it's not better than the native app. Yes, there are more manual controls, but it fails to focus too often or fast enough.
    Manual focus.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 06:30 PM
    Definitely agree with above comments. Mine just for got 2 months now with no regrets

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 06:35 PM
    I do not use Uber or Sound Cloud, but everything else you mentioned I do "seamlessly" on my PP. It is a wonderful phone and I unhesitatingly recommend it.
    Exactly the same for me. The best mobile phone I have ever had.

Context - I usually receive 300-500 emails every workday - many of them with MS Office and/or PDF attachments. Since upgrading to the Passport (from a Q10) I no longer need to carry a tablet with me to review the larger & more complex attachments (eg PowerPoints, large spreadsheets, large PDFs with lots of images).It is a rare weekday when I have less than 3 hours of conference calls and colleagues often crowd round my phone as it has the best speakerphone in our team. Call quality is excellent, whether speakerphone or 'normal'.

Not sure where you are in the world, but BlackBerry Maps is not so great at navigating via lots & lots of smaller roads, but it is excellent for navigating via trunk roads and motorways throughout Europe (haven't used it in anger as a SatNav anywhere else).

Hope this helps.
    02-05-16 07:22 PM
    Manual focus.
    Are you saying the auto-focus doesn't work properly? My experience with it is that it doesn't lock very well and even when it "does", the picture is out-of-focus.
    02-05-16 07:29 PM
    If you snag the camera ++ app, it gets better Posted via CB10
    I cannot buy apps even if I want to owing to bleak payment options in my part of world. However the Passport hardware is not a limitation and it is a pretty capable camera and Blackberry could have addressed the problem via updates. But Blackberry is not known to have great cameras and they decided to live upto this reputation...
    02-05-16 10:57 PM
37 12