Any native uber apps?
    Nope and not ever so long as bb market share is less than half of one percent and bb10 is even a smaller slice than that... Much smaller.

Saddies
    01-20-15 10:49 PM
    Any native uber apps?
    The uber mobile website is as good as an app. Put a link on your home screen and you'll never know the difference.
    01-20-15 11:09 PM
    This is the main problem for BB...if BlackBerry has apps who would want to get iPhone or android...

Hopefully it will get better...

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 12:38 AM
    Nope and not ever so long as bb market share is less than half of one percent and bb10 is even a smaller slice than that... Much smaller.

Saddies
    It's about 3% but bb10 has a much smaller share. Priority is to get legacy bbos users on to 10.

Windows in comparison has about 5%.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 02:39 AM
    well, yes, I was a bit disappointed than plenty of apps I had on my Z10 are not available for Passport

maybe it will change with 10.3.1 official release?

on the other hand, I find it strange, that Blackberry has no power on devs by setting which devices are compatible.
    imho it should be all bb10 devices.
    01-21-15 02:57 AM
    Apple have the same problem. Viber only just updated Viber ios to include iphone 6 support this month.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 03:57 AM
    After looking at many of the Crackberry forum's, I will still be getting the Passport. It will be my first Blackberry. Even if there may be an app issue. Main reason being is that when it comes right down to it, I don't use that many. Oh, and I was doing app updates this morning and one of them wanted access to my Gmail account!
    01-21-15 04:10 AM
    After looking at many of the Crackberry forum's, I will still be getting the Passport. It will be my first Blackberry. Even if there may be an app issue. Main reason being is that when it comes right down to it, I don't use that many. Oh, and I was doing app updates this morning and one of them wanted access to my Gmail account!
    If I can't get it on bbw i get it either from Google Play or aptoid. Aptoid doesn't need the phone to be connected to a pc to install on your device as it's an apk but its a very responsive apk that feels native.

If that app than is officially supported on the BlackBerry World then I simply uninstall it's old source so I get the official benchmark

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 05:46 AM
    So many apps missing... especially native!!!-img_20150121_114632.pngI urge everyone to try the app in the middle.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 05:47 AM
    Are you the one on the wallpaper?
    Blacklatino and anon(9194980) like this.
    01-21-15 06:00 AM
    For native apps that aren't available for the Passport just do a custom backup in BlackBerry Link from your old device and restore to the Passport. I have about a dozen apps working fine on my Passport that way.
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    01-21-15 06:37 AM
    The only way to change this is market share. Speak with your wallet and buy more BB10 and get them for your relatives etc.

BB pumped money and offer incentives etc and courted big apps but making app also has support cost after app is made(updates, staff for support,etc). Why bother when the market share is not there.
    01-21-15 07:48 AM
    right on! you are correct that's what people did simply stopped buying BBRY devices
    01-21-15 07:56 AM
    right on! you are correct that's what people did simply stopped buying BBRY devices
    01-21-15 08:06 AM
    No I heartradio

Posted via CB10
    Just download it from Snap. It works fine.
    01-21-15 01:49 PM
    It would be difficult to expect those apps on BB. Maybe Viber, but if people are good with the Android porting, maybe there would be no pressure of developing it.
    01-22-15 12:14 AM
    Train time apps
    Live bus times (london)
    Viber 10 (gp one works)
    Nectar / sainsburys
    Natwest... I use android one though

All present on my old z10 the former leader on the pack but the passport has very little...

Posted via CB10
    All the android versions work fine. Or use web shortcut. For number two I use this:

So many apps missing... especially native!!!-img_20150122_102358.png

It works fine but is no longer available in BlackBerry world for some reason.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-22-15 04:25 AM
    http://crackberry.com/john-chen-calls-app-neutrality

Great thoughts by Chen...

Aquila non captat muscas
    Hulk123 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-22-15 04:28 AM
    It's about 3% but bb10 has a much smaller share. Priority is to get legacy bbos users on to 10.

Windows in comparison has about 5%.

Posted via CB10
    MAYBE if you are talking about the installed base.
    The market share last year for BlackBerry was absolutely brutal and devastating.

Around 1% marketshare (depending on how you calculate) in 2014, for both BBOS and BB10, while BB10 outsells BBOS in a 2/3 split.
    They shipped 8.1 million phones into a market of 1.1-1.3 billion phones (which is less than 1%), while 2/3 of them have been BB10 devices (sub 0.7% marketshare).

WP is only slightly better, with around 3% (and yes, I am actually generous with those %)

I do however have to say something more useful.
    If those apps are really a problem for you, you will either have to switch platforms, because BlackBerry won't get your apps in a timely fashion.
    Or you can just buy a secondary phone/tablet just for apps.

Apple have the same problem. Viber only just updated Viber ios to include iphone 6 support this month.

Posted via CB10
    Apple doesn't really have the problem for now.
    The app store has the better quality apps, compared to Google Play, has a bigger number of apps, and is still the market leader in terms of Apps.
    And I doubt that this will massively change "in the west", as 30-50% (depending on the region) of phones sold there are iPhones.

There might be apps heavily used in emerging markets however (like Viber), who will naturally have a certain "bias" towards Android, since 80% of the userbase of that app is on an Android phone.

But no, Apple, in no way or form, is comparable to BlackBerry in terms of apps.
    Apple is still the market leader in that segment. Be it for Enterprise or consumer applications.
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 01-22-15 at 01:22 PM.
    01-22-15 06:28 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150121_114632.png 
Views:	313 
Size:	530.4 KB 
ID:	328671I urge everyone to try the app in the middle.
    I tried it. It's odd how it says I have updates available on apps that I got from Snap, even though those apps are the latest Google Play versions. Other than that it looks pretty good.
    01-22-15 07:52 AM
    BlackBerry CEO John Chen calls for 'app neutrality' | CrackBerry.com

Great thoughts by Chen...

Aquila non captat muscas
    I found it quite pathetic actually.
    Last edited by Cynycl; 01-22-15 at 01:58 PM.
    01-22-15 12:11 PM
    The point is not about beating the dead horse, the activity of beating a dead horse is the fun part because we will always get the usual staples of the rationals, the pessimists, the optimists and the fanatics all coming into the ring and start the royal rumble.
    01-22-15 12:23 PM
    The lack of BB�s proprietary apps is indeed surprising for such a substantial device. With heavy emphasis on creating documents, I have to purchase a dictionary/Thesaurus and another wireless printing app to bridge with my HP! Writing is hard enough but the Passport�s unique 4 inch, clear screen is almost priceless! The more BB users harp (beat the poor horse!) about the dearth of user-friendly aids, the likelihood of native apps is more certain. More is really better!
    01-22-15 04:56 PM
48 12