I just did an intensive search and was somewhat shocked to find that there isn't a specific screen protector thread, granted there are tons of threads about a specific screen protector (tempered glass, or some thread about scratches on the screen?).

Either way, I think we, as a collective, should post our experiences with the limited number of screen protectors out there to help fellow Passport users choose which one fits their needs.

I will start by adding that I bought the tech armor HD screen protectors and I am thoroughly disappointed

I purchased it after reading the amazon review, and I knew that the design of it was a little sh1tty (it doesn't really cover the entire screen and there is a massive cutout atop for both the LED and camera.

I really wish greatshield made screen protectors because I had a matte one from them on my i5S and it literally covered everything, had the perfect holes for the camera and speaker and was just prime.

So, once again, I do not recommend the tech armor screen protector if you want full screen protection. The screen protector itself seems to be pretty ok, but i've lost quite a lot of feedback from the screen and when I am trying to wake my phone I often find myself swiping 6-10 times just to wake it up (which again is ridiculous). I have turned to "lift to wake" to solve this, but I still prefer to swipe, so once my pouch arrives I am thinking of just using this phone without any screen protectors...

Cheers

So, let's talk screen protectors...-1.jpgSo, let's talk screen protectors...-2.jpgSo, let's talk screen protectors...-3.jpgSo, let's talk screen protectors...-4.jpgSo, let's talk screen protectors...-5.jpgSo, let's talk screen protectors...-6.jpg
    GeoK and Taigatrommel like this.
    12-06-14 10:15 AM
    Try ghost armour they are pretty nice and they also do custom ones.
    12-06-14 10:18 AM
    Ghost Armor for me
    12-06-14 10:20 AM
    could one of you post a screenshot of yours, s'il vous pla�t?
    12-06-14 10:29 AM
    Ghost Armor is my choice.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 10:34 AM
    I use to love Ishieldz products and have used them for years. Last year I had to get a warranty replacement for the screen protector for my z30 and dealing with the company was an UTTER gong show. The lady over the phone was speaking with a defective headset and she kept on getting my name wrong after several attempts at repeating my name out. The first few times calling in I got the classic brush off and was told to request warranty via the web site link. I did this several times and the person in charge of this did not send me an auth code after these three online requests typing in my serial numbers and purchase info, I also emailed a copy of my receipt,she couldn't find my request or name after three attepmts. The gong show started when I called in after ward for the 4th time and had to say and spell my name four times before she located my name. The person kept on asking what my name was over and over again.

After this pathetic attempt I will no longer support or use any of their products again. Warranty replacements should not be this complicated.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 12-07-14 at 04:54 PM.
    12-07-14 02:45 PM
    Ghost Armor. Had it on z30 and now on passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:01 PM
    Ghost Armour? tell more those of you with it please.

I have the original screen cover that the phone came with (the camera lens also still has the original cover).
    I did not yet put the screen cover that came with the OEM hard case from BlackBerry. Last phone I had, the Z10 had that OEM screen cover and I can say I was happy about it.
    Just been too busy to put one on yet. So, let's see what other products this thread can bear out!
    Thanks guys.
    the brother likes this.
    12-07-14 03:12 PM
    I always go with Skinomi. Never had an issue with them. Although I tend to prefer just screen protectors/clear full body.

Their carbon fiber skins are pretty good quality, but I end up just ripping them off after a few weeks.

Passport on Wind
    Searchy likes this.
    12-07-14 03:38 PM
    I hate them. Because there is always somewhere a small piece of dust I missed. Why use them? Aren't all the glasses fortified with diamonds and gorrila's?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:45 PM
    I use to love Ishieldz products and have used them for years. Last year I had to get a warranty replacement for the screen protector I had only Z30 and dealing with the company was an UTTER gong show. The lady over the phone was speaking with a defective headset and she kept on getting my name wrong after several attempts at appealing my name out. The first few times calling in I got the classic brush off and was told to request warranty via the web site link. I did this several times and the person in charge of this did not send me a auth code after these three request attempts. The gong show started when I called in after ward and had to say and spell my name four times before she located my name. The person kept on asking what my name was.

After this pathetic attempt I will no longer support or use any of their products again. Warranty replacements should not be this complicated.
    Posted via CB10
    I got mine at Costco ,they give you a new one when you decide your present one needs a replacement,No Prob Bob!!I want one for my Passport Big Time ,unfortunately they don't have 1,Oh I love that jelly like texture.lol
    12-07-14 03:49 PM
    Zagg Invisible Shield is good but does show glares. Tech Armor is very good, the easiest protector I've ever installed.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:04 PM
    I got mine at Costco ,they give you a new one when you decide your present one needs a replacement,No Prob Bob!!I want one for my Passport Big Time ,unfortunately they don't have 1,Oh I love that jelly like texture.lol
    I should have known better than to order direct. TBooth does the direct over the counter re'app for you as they record your name on their data base!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:55 PM
    I'll ask again...

Could someone who has ghost armour on their passport please post pics?

Thanks
    12-07-14 05:00 PM
    As other posted above stated, I typically go Skinomi on non-iPhone devices (which I typically use a tempered glass protector like on my 6 Plus). Was no different on this device and the screen protector gives me enough confidence to use this red Passport the way it was meant to be used and that is without a case.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:02 PM
    I hate them. Because there is always somewhere a small piece of dust I missed. Why use them? Aren't all the glasses fortified with diamonds and gorrila's?

Posted via CB10
    +1

Love the bareback slick feel of a piece of coated glass. With a screen protector on, the oleophobic coating is prevented from doing its job, no?

Rather put the phone in a case and take it out than use a screen protector...

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:05 PM
    of all screen protectors, Skinomi has the absolute WORST feel. There's a reason why it's always on a 90% off sale.
    Best Skins Ever offers the best value if you want the wet applied...

dry applied, go with the tempered glass screen protector. hands down, the best.
    12-07-14 05:10 PM
    I don't know what to do, do I need a screen protector? I thought passport has gorilla glass and protection is not needed? Don't know if I should buy one or leave it

Posted via CB10
    prince_1308 likes this.
    12-07-14 05:13 PM
    of all screen protectors, Skinomi has the absolute WORST feel. There's a reason why it's always on a 90% off sale.
    Best Skins Ever offers the best value if you want the wet applied...

dry applied, go with the tempered glass screen protector. hands down, the best.
    I'll have to personally disagree, I think they feel great and I've used them for a long time.

However, to each his own. I have wanted to try Ghost Armor for a while.

Passport on Wind
    12-07-14 05:31 PM
    Now how about the OEM screen protectors from BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:48 PM
    the OEM protectors are terrible, as are those by Martin Fields.
    12-07-14 06:02 PM
    As I was really satisfied by the Vikuiti 3M screen protection for my nexus 5, I decided to try the one for the Passport (matte effect). Unfortunatly, I was really disappointed: the protection doesn't fit at all the round edge of the display. So, the protection doesn't stick very well to the display.

After this fail experience, I heard about Celicious brand with good feedbacks. I bought the matte one and this one feels great !

So, Celicious brandname is a champ for me, although, I would have likes to try ghost armour but the international shipment fees are too expensive !
    keepit dry likes this.
    12-07-14 06:14 PM
    I use Skinomi too. Have on my other phones and pebble watches.

Went on easy and looks and feels great on Passport.

Cheap to get on Amazon.

Passport
    12-07-14 06:27 PM
    Finally, some pictures!

I want to be a d*** so I'll say this: to the next posters:

Don't post about your fabulous screen protector unless you have pics to back it up!

I say this because reading some paragraph about how great the tech armor protectors are was the reason I bought my protectors, and it turns out they were sh!t. So unless you have pics to back up your success with Skinomi, ghost armor, tech armour, bullet proof armor, tank armor, torpedo armor, kevlar shield, whatever... don't post a paragraph saying how great it is without pics!!!

12-07-14 06:27 PM
    Used Tru Protection glare free. Self installation, so there's some bubbles. The feel's good, screen still responsive. But the sides of screen doesn't stick well because of curvature. But not SO obvious because the case partially covers it.

So, let's talk screen protectors...-img-20141208-wa004.jpg

So, let's talk screen protectors...-img-20141208-wa002.jpg

Attachment 319333
    thedose likes this.
    12-07-14 08:07 PM
37 12