I sold my Blackberry Leap and purchased a Blackberry Priv and was happy with it for a few months. But, unfortunately, the phone fell and the screen broke. I didn't want to pump anymore money into the phone so i decided to sell it. I have been given an offer to trade the broken Priv for a White Blackberry Passport and i decided to take the plunge. I have an LG V20 that i use for Android Apps, Photos and Videos etc, but i wanted a phone that has great battery life, hub support and a decent camera. So, even though i thought i was finally leaving Blackberry behind it sucked me back in

So what suggestuons do you have for the Passport newbie? What apps are must haves for the passport, and how can i get the best out of the device? All feedback wlcome
    01-25-18 01:43 PM
    I sold my Blackberry Leap and purchased a Blackberry Priv and was happy with it for a few months. But, unfortunately, the phone fell and the screen broke. I didn't want to pump anymore money into the phone so i decided to sell it. I have been given an offer to trade the broken Priv for a White Blackberry Passport and i decided to take the plunge. I have an LG V20 that i use for Android Apps, Photos and Videos etc, but i wanted a phone that has great battery life, hub support and a decent camera. So, even though i thought i was finally leaving Blackberry behind it sucked me back in

So what suggestuons do you have for the Passport newbie? What apps are must haves for the passport, and how can i get the best out of the device? All feedback wlcome
    Nothing has changed since your Leap days.
    01-25-18 01:45 PM
    Not sure how to feel about that
    01-25-18 01:48 PM
    Obviously you dual carry, so app is not an issues.. There is nothing extra needed for the Passport to be a great communicator minus all the unsupported apps.
    you find other than email/a few messaging apps, the passport is not very useful.
    01-25-18 03:56 PM
    What was your general usage like on the Priv (apps, calls, etc)?

Depending on how long you've been away for, its probably gotten worse.
    01-25-18 04:26 PM
    Take a look at the apps I use on my passport, on this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1135614

Posted via CB10
    01-25-18 04:26 PM

The phone is great, speaker is top notch and screen for reading has no equal. Enjoy the phone..........it has be hard to be the one not sucked into the newest ball of tin.
    Qorax likes this.
    01-26-18 05:04 PM
    I also use passport as main and also carry KEYone as a back up.
    Qorax likes this.
    01-26-18 06:56 PM
    For my daily use: email, calender, photo's, phonecalls, radio, WhatsApp, BBM, Browsing the web, etc. My Passport SE is just great. And I only paid € 149 for it!
    Nobody can beat that.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-27-18 02:46 AM
    For my daily use: email, calender, photo's, phonecalls, radio, WhatsApp, BBM, Browsing the web, etc. My Passport SE is just great. And I only paid € 149 for it!
    Nobody can beat that.

Posted via CB10
    Got my passport for £120 and loving it.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and Jon Wiggy like this.
    01-27-18 07:01 AM
    Got mine, brand new, for $295 and deeply love it. Passport is my main phone nowadays.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    01-27-18 08:02 AM
    Left an Iphraud and stepped into a Passport a year ago. Haven't been disappointed, not as many apps but you can get what you need not all the fanboy stuff. Emails, news, etc. Just a perfect daily driver for me. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-18 08:10 AM
    Nobody can beat that.

Posted via CB10
    Wooow!! Where did you find it for that price?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-18 12:19 PM
    Wooow!! Where did you find it for that price?

Posted via CB10
    It was a "special". I found it by coincidence on Ebay. But it was Media Markt who posted it only for a short time. It was brand new. But now I don´t see it anymore. Probably sold out.
    However Media Markt sells the normal Passport for € 129 including shipping in Germany.
    Keep in mind they have a QWERTZ keyboard. The "Y" & "Z" are swapped.
    https://direktkauf.idealo.de/portal/...execution=e1s1
    01-28-18 08:14 AM
    It was a "special". I found it by coincidence on Ebay. But it was Media Markt who posted it only for a short time. It was brand new. But now I don´t see it anymore. Probably sold out.
    However Media Markt sells the normal Passport for € 129 including shipping in Germany.
    Keep in mind they have a QWERTZ keyboard. The "Y" & "Z" are swapped.
    https://direktkauf.idealo.de/portal/...execution=e1s1
    Herzliche vielen Dank. I just saw last Friday in Nüremberg in MediaMarkt that they sold the original blackberry Passport for 159. If they now repriced it to 129 it is more and more interesting. My passport is now one year and half old but it lost 15% of its battery health, due to poor charging.... I will think about if take another one brand new!!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-18 11:00 AM
    I'm using this SE, and have a new SE and new black one as backups. have tons of android apps that look great.

Many patched many not..but it works like a dream. Let me know which apps you are looking for. Maybe I can help.

Posted via CB10
    Lincoln Liking likes this.
    01-30-18 03:30 PM
    Ok, so I finally got the Passport and it has really surprised me in some interesting ways. For one, I was struck by how small and managable the phone looked and felt in my hand. When someonelse holds it, it looks bigger, when i hold it, it looks regualr. I've always heard it was so huge that it thought i would have trouble holding it, but that has not been the case at all. It actually feels pretty small in my hands and the screen though wide, is hardly garganutan.

Aside from that i've been let down by the battery. It's been better than most, but my days are long and i can't get to 4pm without a recharge. I think i neeed to significantly reduce me screen brightness which is a bummber because i love the screen. It is georgeous. The camera is alos really good and very saturated. It take a little while to get focused though, but i've gotten compliments on pics i've posted from the device. I also had an issue with the light sensor and the keyboard back light didn't come up last night. But i rebooted and it seems to be working fine now. Aside from those issues, i love it. It feels great in the hand. Ample yet not overbearing. Screen looks great, the OS flies. What's App is woring great and it's just a workhorse for messaging and communication. The keyboard is great and though i was never much of a keyboard fan i'm getting used to it. So, all in all, i'm pretty pleased with the trade. I am really enjoring the phone.
    01-31-18 05:23 PM
    My apps in my Passport SE. All that I need.
    Attached Thumbnails So i got an offer...-img_20180201_125213.jpg   So i got an offer...-img_20180201_125202.jpg  
    02-01-18 12:57 PM
    I also use passport as main and also carry KEYone as a back up.
    Hey krazy, sent you a PM
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-01-18 01:01 PM
    Got my passport for £120 and loving it.

Posted via CB10
    Me too and a year in it is still going strong.

I also have a work-provided iphone 7 which provides some app coverage but if you have big paws it is a horrible thing to type on. Generally, I dislike it (altho I marvel at the quality of the speakers in such a small unit).

For my purposes, editing and shifting text are critical and I cannot imagine anything besting the PP.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 01:16 PM