Just wondering now that BlackBerry seems to be moving to a non hardware company, do yourself think BB10 phone will be use able for the forseeable future? Will updates be continued? Should we all jump ship? I love my BlackBerry phones and really don't want to change but feel we are being pushed to android, and don't want to change. Should windows 10 be a viable option?

Posted either with my Passport or Q5!
    01-05-16 11:34 AM
    Just wondering now that BlackBerry seems to be moving to a non hardware company, do yourself think BB10 phone will be use able for the forseeable future? Will updates be continued? Should we all jump ship? I love my BlackBerry phones and really don't want to change but feel we are being pushed to android, and don't want to change. Should windows 10 be a viable option?

Posted either with my Passport or Q5!
    Probably as long as you want. I can use my old Torch if I want to. As long as it does what you need, and the carrier doesn't change its frequencies, it will work. Of course with a built in, non-replaceable battery, that may be its limiting feature. The battery will fail before the phone loses its usefulness.
    01-05-16 11:39 AM
    While BlackBerry still serves the government, I don't think they have a choice but to keep developing BB10. I guess they could stop offering BB10 phones to the public if they wanted to, which would be a real shame. Don't know if I see that happening right away though. In reality, BB10 phones are a niche product, serving a very small part of the market, and if (worst case scenario) it stayed that way, i'd be fine with that. I love my Passport and it's everything that I need. What will be interesting will be if they have to get rid of the Android runtime in future updates...
    anon(8050899) likes this.
    01-05-16 11:42 AM
    Maybe use it for another year or two? And see what happens. The only thing is not changing in the world is 'change'. It is not you or me to decide what OS is good or not. It is the market. If there is no demand, of course there will not be supply. Things need to change to cope with new things otherwise it is going to be eliminated. Android is a good OS if you know how to use it.

Mia San Mia!
    01-05-16 12:15 PM
    Today is my one year anniversary of Passport ownership and the battery is getting to the point where it is unusable. I cant imagine it lasting another 3 months before the battery will only last an hour or two.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 05:41 PM
    Today is my one year anniversary of Passport ownership and the battery is getting to the point where it is unusable. I cant imagine it lasting another 3 months before the battery will only last an hour or two.

Posted via CB10
    Wow! I have had my Passport since Oct of 2014 and the battery has not degraded to any noticeable level. You could do a test with several different apps available to determine your battery health and maybe get a good estimate of life left. The Li ion should last a minimum of 3 years with ordinary use.
    01-06-16 06:08 PM
    I think the battery in the passport would no longer hold a charge before the phone itself became useless. Then good luck finding a place to install a new one

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 07:20 PM
    Did you leave your passport on the charger all the time because that seems odd

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 07:21 PM
    One things is relatively certain. The last vestige of BB10 use will be centered around MobileNations participants. Just look at webOSNation die-hards who are still using their Pres. HP shut down the App Catalog servers last year so they are at the point of storing databases full of webOS apps. That's some dedication and optimism there to think that abandoned webOS apps will one day be useful when installed and launched.
    01-06-16 09:44 PM
    One things is relatively certain. The last vestige of BB10 use will be centered around MobileNations participants. Just look at webOSNation die-hards who are still using their Pres. HP shut down the App Catalog servers last year so they are at the point of storing databases full of webOS apps. That's some dedication and optimism there to think that abandoned webOS apps will one day be useful when installed and launched.
    Absolutely! I am one of those who has an .ipk repository on cloud storage. Guess I need to start preparing for a .bar burial ground also lol.
    01-06-16 09:52 PM