Hi All,
    When you are approached or feel compelled to show off your PP, do you have a routine that you follow? Like first I show this, then this, etc? So often, I get so excited about showing it off, I forget most of what makes this the best phone I've ever used.

Wanna share your script?

Thanks!
    Brian
    im_juki and MarsupilamiX like this.
    03-28-15 12:36 AM
    I show keyboard shortcuts and then I show the hub and the scrolling using the keyboard.

Passeport
    03-28-15 01:04 AM
    Depends on who asks. I have company email on mine so not to happy to share those. Usually show the calendar keyboard and the hub without email.

Let people hold the PP for a bit ensuring they cannot run away with it

Posted via CB10 from an unlocked PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-28-15 02:39 AM
    It depends on what is prompting the question and who is asking. If the questioner has been trying to do something on their phone Andis getting frustrated, then I show them how easy it is to do on my Passport. If they just happened to notice my phone and like the screen, I let them play with it, showing Word Docs or a Web page on it. I try to fit the demonstration to the need. But I always include:

1. Hub
    2. Responding to Toast Notifications
    3. Typing ease (I am still learning shortcut keys. Been awhile since I had a physical keyboard and really didn't use them much on my 9810 - were they available? )
    4. Customization of contacts
    5. Ease of sharing files NFC and otherwise.
    6. Ease of creating and editing documents, music, radio, etc

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 07:09 AM
    People ask me if I can get "x app" I go into an app store of my choice and hit download.
    I show them desktop mode in the browser and the scrolling with the qwerty and they can't believe it a lot of the time.
    Then I go into device monitor and show them when was the last time I had to charge my phone and the jealousy ensues lol!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 09:26 AM
    I show the Apps and they say... what? Blackberry has Apps?
    Then they say, huge device...
    Then they say... can't afford it! (too expensive)... I answer: Quality has its price and put the device in my pocket... they say... it fits in your pocket?!
    (I smile).

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    03-28-15 09:57 AM
    I tie it around my neck like how Flava Flav does with the clocks

Posted via CB10
    RoseBud68 and ZedMacahan like this.
    03-28-15 10:01 AM
    I'm not compelled to show off.

Sometimes people notice it as it's an unusual looking device, which is nice.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 10:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    OMG...too funny.
    03-28-15 10:04 AM
    OMG...too funny.
    I had too aside from the young ones who is showing off there phone like a trophy

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 10:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Me too bro! LOL

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    03-28-15 12:44 PM

Posted via CB10

So, how do you show off your Passport?-img_20150328_185039.png

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    jpoq likes this.
    03-28-15 12:51 PM
    Hi All,
    When you are approached or feel compelled to show off your PP, do you have a routine that you follow? Like first I show this, then this, etc? So often, I get so excited about showing it off, I forget most of what makes this the best phone I've ever used.

Wanna share your script?

Thanks!
    Brian
    If I was able to get Balance on my personal device I would be a lot more willing to let friends / family play around with it and try it. The software is built-in so I can't figure out why the won't let individuals enable it too

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 01:03 PM
    I wax lyrical about the battery, then I show off the scrolling keyboard and maybe flick a few words up on a dummy email. By that stage people are in awe and so I tease the exclusivity of the red colour and then I casually stick it in my pocket and strut away like **** of the walk. Kind of awkward if you were in the middle of dinner though.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 06:25 PM
    I tried to show off my scrolling keyboard today. Was told by the person I was showing it to that she had "Absolutely no regrets on switching to Android and her husband's piece of crap Z30 can't even open up an rtf file, she has to do it for him." He just shrugged and said it's only 1 file a month.

She continued on her rant, I think she believes she's the first person to ever use an Android (she switched from an old curve 6 months ago to a Note). I just commented that I was glad she was happy.

I was kind of hoping for at least an "That's neat." as it's a unique looking phone. It wasn't a mine is better than yours conversation at all.

Anyway, waited for her to leave then sent her hubby a link to an Android app that would open his RTF so he wouldn't have to get that lecture from her again.

Day 3, still no good reactions. I'm not picking a very good audience though. I have to admit I knew that going in.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 07:40 PM
    I run up to random people and waive it in their faces screaming 'bbbbblllllllesssss!'

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 08:28 PM
    With people I know, I usually show the flick typing, pinch to filter flagged messages, attachments view, universal search for music and contacts, and speed dial!

However, most of my showing off is done in public where I will set it down on the counter before paying, at the conference room table at meetings, and at restaurant tables. People clearly are impressed as soon as they see it, but don't want to ask.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 09:30 PM
    It seems that most people who approach me asking about Passport already knew what they are looking for, but most of them are still wowed by touch keyboard and Hub function.

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    03-28-15 11:40 PM
    I dont show off my BlackBerry Passport,it shows off by itself.

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    03-29-15 02:53 AM