....and oddly enough my first impressions weren't that positive. It felt really heavy, seemed oversized and awkward to hold in one hand. I have pretty big hands and it still felt weird. I really wanted to get it but opted for the cheaper z30 option and i'm glad I did. Just seemed like a little too much phone for me. I'm kinda disappointed that I felt that way because I was really excited about it but looking at videos and stuff doesn't quite prepare you for the real thing. Anyone else had that reaction as well?

Having said that...specwise it's a beast and i'm sure most owners love it. Regardless..i'm hoping that sales of it go well in the long run.

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    01-15-15 11:01 PM
    Your reaction is fair and valid, not everything is for everyone but having gotten one myself I have to admit it did take me a day or two to get used to, now I love it of course but if I just messed around with one for a few minutes I might have felt the same as you.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 11:08 PM
    Had you got it you would have gotten used to it within days. But oh well, it's not for everyone. Enjoy the Z30, also a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 12:00 AM
    I guess if you're used to smaller phones it might be too much of a shock, however coming from the Samsung Note 2, then the Note 3, I don't think I could have gone back to a smaller device - they all just feel like toys!
    BACK-2-BLACK and thymaster like this.
    01-16-15 12:48 AM
    Yeah, I also agree as well.

I like the Passport internals but I would still like the Q10 size and the keyboard.

And it is fine. Blackberry phones are made to be used for a long time, and the Q10 is still a beast of a phone.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 and world saviour like this.
    01-16-15 01:32 AM
    Third week into my Passport and still feels odd! at the same time not missing my Q10 that much.

As I put in another thread Passport on 10.3 isn't a very polished experience and I'm looking forward 10.3.1!

Some examples -

- The touch capability of the keyboard isn't implemented optimally thoughout the OS.

- during the device switch from Q10 to the passport via Link my contacts got messed up, very annoying

- virtual keyboard row - getting used to that more and more by the day but hate that they put the come on the left side! 10 years with the coma under my right thumb is quite close to second naturae

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 03:00 AM
    It's definitely not for everyone. From what I read on these threads, the two most common factors (that are kind of one-and-the-same) are:
    i) Too big to use with one hand
    ii) Too big to put in pocket, portability issues.

These are fair complaints but at the same time, the very same reason that most people love this thing: it's awesome size! The screen is a joy to read on and, once you get used to it (it takes a long while), it offers an incomparable typing experience with the wider keyboard. Most reviews said that it would be kind of a polarizing device and people would either love it or hate it (or at least firmly decide that it isn't for them). I have to agree with this fact. Most people who have seen mine have either thought it was awesome and were very impressed or they just didn't get it and couldn't understand why anyone would want to carry around a mini-computer instead of a phone.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-16-15 03:30 AM
    I had thought that it would be to big, that the keyboard would be hard to use. Then when I held it for the first time, it did not feel big or too big at all. I could put it the pockets of my jeans, khakis and pants. The khakis can handle the Passport and wallet. And it took about two days on the key board. What's more is my other BlackBerry is QWERTZ, while the Passport is QWERTY.

Posted from my Passport
    01-16-15 04:01 AM
    I don't even notice the Passport's size anymore. To me the smaller phones now seem so odd and difficult to work with.
    thymaster likes this.
    01-16-15 04:54 AM
    I am glad that you had a chance to make a decision before marrying it. Yes its not for everyone.

Via BlackBerry Classic 10.3.1.1450 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    01-16-15 05:00 AM
    Everyone can't handle the Passport size. I couldn't play with one before buying it so I ordered it and decided I would keep the Z30 just in case I didn't like it. When I first opened the box I was definitely not prepared for the size. You think that the videos and pictures will prepare you but they don't. But I already had it and within probably the first day of using it, i couldn't put it down. Lol. It grew on me and felt comfortable fast (i think it was the screen), but that doesn't happen for everyone.

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    01-16-15 05:00 AM
    ....and oddly enough my first impressions weren't that positive............... Anyone else had that reaction as well?
    Hell no, went from Z30 to Passport, after using the passport for a while, and picking up my Z30, it feels like a toy, and you couldn't pay me enough to go back to using any narrow screened phone.....
    01-16-15 05:32 AM
    that reaction is normal due it is the only phone on the market that is as wide as the pasport
    but in reality the z30 is not much smaller than the passport since i own a passport and i did get over the overwhelming wow factor. happpyyyyierr nowwww

posted due northwest with my passport
    01-16-15 05:43 AM
    I didnt find it was too big to put in my pocket but too big to get back out of my pocket. The corners kept catching.... lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Stomps01; 01-16-15 at 08:21 AM.
    01-16-15 06:54 AM
    Agree the Passport is very unique and my first impressions were also "good god how could anyone use this phone!" I played with it at one of the local carriers and didn't like it. After a month of release I finally bought one from Amazon. Used for 4 weeks and still felt strange especially talking on it. Switched back to my Q10 and fell in love with the one handed use and overall "normal" day to day use of a portable phone. Almost sold my Passport and decided to try once more and found the speed, display and keyboard to be phenomenal. After almost 2 months, I finally feel comfortable using it as a "phone" . It has always been a brilliant mini computer and email powerhouse but simply using as a phone took a long time. Maybe you'll have another chance to try for a longer period in the future or wait for the next gen Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 07:03 AM
    Coming from the Z10 I think I made a great move,I think I have the most Innovative Phone on the planet today,lol Yes you have to make adjustments,I golf every day and my Z10 fit really well in the small cup holder ,well the Passport fits as well in the bigger cup holder,haha
    nglfmark likes this.
    01-16-15 07:09 AM
    You know for me the ability to bang out emails and messaging with pristine accuracy was the biggest selling point! I literally use to rip my hair out touch typing on a Samsung galaxy S4and S tablet.i know I type correctly but I use to waste tons of time backspacing touch typing to correct the text line!

To this day!? I wonder why business people switch to ios or android! They are not productive devices!?

Posted via CB10
    nglfmark likes this.
    01-16-15 11:15 AM
    ....and oddly enough my first impressions weren't that positive. It felt really heavy, seemed oversized and awkward to hold in one hand. I have pretty big hands and it still felt weird. I really wanted to get it but opted for the cheaper z30 option and i'm glad I did. Just seemed like a little too much phone for me. I'm kinda disappointed that I felt that way because I was really excited about it but looking at videos and stuff doesn't quite prepare you for the real thing. Anyone else had that reaction as well?

Having said that...specwise it's a beast and i'm sure most owners love it. Regardless..i'm hoping that sales of it go well in the long run.

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    I had the same reaction when I first held the Passport. It was so wide and typing kinda let me down. I like to be discrete while using my phone, but the PP will sure call everyone's attention. That being said, I'm not the guy who goes with First impressions. I came back and back to check the passport (while waiting for the Classic to arrive) then it hit me that some how I've grown comfortable typing with it (while studying how I can use it in my daily life) You might want check their Mock Up display if there's an available. The thing with holding the display device is that the security wires hinders the comfort on holding the actual size.

When the classic came, it was wider also from the old devices so I said to myself, "F* it! If Blackberry is going for wider with its new devices, I just go with their current flagship". Now I'm just waiting for the English version to be delivered here in Dubai
    01-16-15 11:57 AM
    Shortly after buying my passport, the Z30 went on sale for $225 and if they had not been sold out in 3 minutes, I can honestly say I might have rather had a $225 Z30 than a $599 Passport, but I have my big *** phone and its cool and I like it. So whatever...

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 08:18 PM
    Third week into my Passport and still feels odd! at the same time not missing my Q10 that much.

As I put in another thread Passport on 10.3 isn't a very polished experience and I'm looking forward 10.3.1!

Some examples -

- The touch capability of the keyboard isn't implemented optimally thoughout the OS.

- during the device switch from Q10 to the passport via Link my contacts got messed up, very annoying

- virtual keyboard row - getting used to that more and more by the day but hate that they put the come on the left side! 10 years with the coma under my right thumb is quite close to second naturae

Posted via CB10
    Just load up 2072 on...

RedBlackBeast
    01-16-15 08:44 PM
    I had the privilege to play with one in the store before I bought it. I was determine to get it right after because I thought the size was perfect.
    01-17-15 04:10 AM

looking at videos and stuff doesn't quite prepare you for the real thing.
    And that isn't only about the passport.
    A few other things follow that same rule

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 04:18 AM
    Totally forgot that I made this thread....lol. But yeah, I went out partying last night and I overheard this random girl say "Wow......this phone is so wide!!!". I immediately turned around and I freaked out because it was the first time I had seen a passport in the wild. I was like high-fiving the owner and telling him that I had a Z30. It was a truely amazing BlackBerry bonding experience..hahahah.
    04-04-15 10:35 AM
    When I first saw the phone in the Telus store, the width of the phone alarmed me. My first reaction was that I could never use a phone that big and strange looking.

I got about ten feet out of the store before my brain was already starting to justify reasons to own it. Somehow I managed to hold out six months before actually buying it.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 10:42 AM
    I've had the Passport since launch and overall am very pleased with it. If there was a phone the size of the classic with the internals of the Passport I would be all over it. The Passport is too wide for one handed use at all but it really get the job done so I have learned to live with the size. Will be interesting to see what comes out through the rest of the year. Not really interested in the slider, but wondering what the new pkb phone is that so far is un announced

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    04-04-15 11:12 AM
27 12