BB10 is already dead. Has been for over a year. Accept it.
    03-26-16 08:59 PM
    That's a terrible statement. As a self employed person, I get tones of jobs via facebook. Saying that people only contact via facebook are "not important" is a very clueless way to put things up. A lot of people today "live" on facebook, and try to contact certain people via facebook aswell, because lets face it, it's one of the best platforms to find someone you need.
    Well that's you. I was talking about myself. If FB is that important to you then you gotta get the device that supports it best. To me text messages, bbm and telephone are the most important communication tools.
    Rootbrian likes this.
    03-26-16 10:44 PM
    FB has no concrete products, provide no viable services and yet manage to generate profits to all of its lazy, day-trading, sitting pretty shareholders. And whether we accept it or not, its topple down certain companies designing, manufacturing and selling viable products. It simplified all formulas and laws in business 101 i.e. supply and demand.

BlackBerry can't do that. It needs to undergo the complicated process of business 101 to succeed. That is why they need to provide those commonly used apps - no matter they have no concrete products and viable services. They have to 'go with the flow' to survive. It is like, it is better to have few apps provided they are popular and commonly used apps than to have hundreds of unpopular and shunned apps. BBM is more efficient and secured messaging platform but unfortunately, whether we like it or not, FaceBook and WhatsApp easily beaten it in terms of popularity...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 11:55 PM
    hopefully the old version of whatsapp will still be running
    03-27-16 12:29 AM
    It's not dead, and we have 10.3.3 coming. I guess nobody will EVER agree that it's not dead and supported still. If blackberry ever did a press release saying it's being discontinued or unsupported, then, only then, will we know it's officially "dead". Until then, let's not get discouraged. We have face10 and messenger, we likely will get a whatsapp replacement soon. We have an instagram alternative. We also have cobalt's solution, so there are so many options.
    03-27-16 01:41 AM
    If it was dead, we wouldn't have face10 and other applications constantly getting updated and improved, and we wouldn't have 10.3.3 coming up either.
    03-27-16 01:44 AM
    Exactly. I don't understand why there are still some people left who deny this fact.
    03-27-16 09:58 AM
    HHHHhhhhhhhhhh i don't care
    because i use browser for facebook with ( desktop mode ) & whatsapp for android
    03-27-16 10:13 AM
    If it was dead, we wouldn't have face10 and other applications constantly getting updated and improved, and we wouldn't have 10.3.3 coming up either.
    Reality: It is alive but undergoing palliative care as it faces certain death, barring a miracle. Announcements: No new SDK,QT 5, No APIs, New BB10 devices. In the Christian world it is resurrection morning.
    03-27-16 11:06 AM
    R.I.P. BlackBerry 10 OS.

There has been much comment this past wee while regarding Facebook/WhatsApp abandoning BB10. Some people are blaming BlackBerry for not developing their app, some folk are blaming Facebook for killing BlackBerry's access to their APIs.

It does not matter. What BlackBerry now has with BB10 is an operating system which does not support two of the - like it or not - most popular mobile communications tools. It is like going back say ten or fifteen years and trying to sell a new phone which can't send text messages. IMHO, if BlackBerry is truly committed to BB10 (it is after all still selling BB10 devices) then it needs to sort this FAST. At the very least, it needs Mr Chen to make a comment (as far as I am aware he is silent on the issue). Perhaps it is BlackBerry's way of quietly killing the OS and pushing people towards the Priv to save development costs.

Personally, I have a Priv and a Passport. BB10 is such a smooth and slick OS - Android on the Priv may be secure but it can never come close in terms of usability and productivity.

I would love to be wrong about all this. I would love to be able to say all of us early adopters and supporters of BB10 have not been royally shafted by this situation but that would be a lie.

R.I.P. Blackberry 10 OS, you died too young.
    03-27-16 01:43 PM
    This is a misinformed thread. Facebook is shutting down the APIs that BlackBerry used for their native BB10 app (which was third-party, despite seeming first). Facebook never directly supported BB10. WhatsApp is withdrawing support for BB10 at the end of the year. Oh well, it's been a long time coming.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 03:28 PM
    Happy days facebook is a horrible app. Good riddance.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 03:42 PM
    Yes. Yes. Dying!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 04:49 PM
    I can't but cringe at such posts.

Posted via CB10
    This exactly. I didn't know what to say when I first read it. I was going to start bashing the poster but your comment sums it all up very nicely and - bonus - politely.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9158709) likes this.
    03-27-16 04:50 PM
    It isn't dead yet, but it is on life support. If no new BB10 devices are announced for this year, then there will be no doubt in my mind that Chen pulled the plug.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 06:20 PM
    Hello,

Is the utility of one app so much more than the utility you all get from BB10?
    03-27-16 09:55 PM
    BlackBerry Team, can you improve BOS? I want new features, new feeling.
    Security, it's good but other vendors also able do it better than you in the future. So now improve BOS, focus to understand what your customers thinking. You will die in short time if you not improve like Nokia, Yahoo...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 10:56 PM
    The problem is not the app itself but those friends of yours that using them. I'm tired of convincing every one of my friends to use BBM instead of WhatsApp or Viber - emphasising to them how efficient and secured BBM is, compare to the rest of messaging apps. But the chain reaction problem is, they have to convince their friends too. It is like against all odds... guess it is too late for BlackBerry to gain their status quo as they used to be. They missed the window of opportunity when BBM is still no. 1 in messaging and communication.

Our Passport still can be considered 'hi-end' device compare to those cheap Android devices but the irony part of it is, it can't run or does not have those popular apps that a cheap Android device has and can basically perform - without a sweat...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 12:02 AM
    BB10 is following the path of BBOS7. Is BBOS7 dead? it depends on your point of view. Doesn't work for me anymore, but works wonders for my sister still on her 9780
    03-28-16 01:33 PM
    Wachit... zukkerburrg may wait until BlackBerry drops in value to peenutz & buy it to power his coffeemaker... securely, maybe ??

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 01:41 PM
    As far as I can remember and currently realize, facebook and whatsapp are not now and were never the main reason BlackBerry 10 was and is so awesome.

I used BlackBerry 10 since it's inception and still to this day without whatsapp and without facebook. So, there's that. Obviously some people are really enamored with those two apps, so those people could have everything they want with a Priv. They can also try the facebook website as an alternative. Consider it a way to de-clutter your Hub notifications.

Everybody is different, well sort of, so this is just my take on it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-28-16 02:19 PM
    this is disappointing and i bet they never tried passport! smh
    04-01-16 08:45 AM
    Could someone please explain what it means to stop supporting BBOS? Does it mean that whatsapp does not run anymore?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 08:52 AM
    Here it is, April 1st and my Facebook app is still operating as nothing has changed. I never upgraded 2 weeks ago. I get notifications on my Hub that someone has posted something. I thought this was suppose to end on March 31st. How long is this going to last?

And no April Fool's joke, still working.

Love Big Red!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 01:11 PM
    I am a businessman working in latin america here everyone uses whatsapp for communications, in BB10 whatsapp works wonder, but today I got a popup inside the app saying practically that I needed to change my devise to keep using whatsapp! So two questions here, 1) ending supports means no more updated or means by 2017 whatsapp won't work anymore in BB10. 2) does whatsapp works fully with the android runtime? Headless, hub, etc?
    07-12-16 11:35 AM
51 123