So i've just red, that whatsapp is about to cancel the support for BB10 due to the insignificant demand... (some people also said, they might do this because there a more effective way of controlling the apps rights on BB10, wich doesn't give whatsapp the ability to have acces to GPS, Camera etc...) is this really true? Do I have to switch to Android/Apple now?!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 10:52 AM
    It certainly is not good. Some people used Facebook for there contacts and all of this gets broken with the new update. They also don't know the whole story and assume blackberry just stopped supporting the apps themselves, which is not true.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 11:01 AM
    Facebook owns whatsapp and is shutting down both on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 11:12 AM
    If your basing the quality of a phone on apps, that's ridiculous. Yes some people found facebook useful but doesn't change how good the passport is. Facebook doesn't make a phone. I'm still able to do everything I need to do on this phone much faster and easier than other phones on the market. For that reason alone, I am sticking with it

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 11:27 AM
    The suck-a-berg doesn't like BlackBerry. Everything else is just excuses.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    menshawy and damien kupuku like this.
    03-25-16 11:28 AM
    What if facebook is going from BlackBerry who cares as long as productivity is on. Most people have android or ios based tablet. Use facebook on that. U can not ignore good and solid hardware like passport se. Nothing is changing for me as of now.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman and Q10Bold like this.
    03-25-16 11:58 AM
    I just receive whatsapp update, so, is not going to die...........yet
    03-25-16 01:46 PM
    Use the android WhatsApp app. Works no issues, even integrated into hub. FB can be circumvented by setting up email alerts which does pop up in your hub...it's basically the same thing. All that's missing is FB messenger which is a bit of a pain but Face10 has a similar app...it's not as good but honestly, I can't remember the last time I chatted on FB. It's just one of the ways to contact me, if someone tries to contact me ONLY via FB messenger and then give up, well I guess it wasn't that important to begin with.
    03-25-16 02:34 PM
    Quick crackberry send Facebook a passport, it'll change their mind when they see what it can do

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    03-25-16 03:38 PM
    If your basing the quality of a phone on apps, that's ridiculous. Yes some people found facebook useful but doesn't change how good the passport is. Facebook doesn't make a phone. I'm still able to do everything I need to do on this phone much faster and easier than other phones on the market. For that reason alone, I am sticking with it

Posted via CB10
    All true, but what can make or break a device is its native app ecosystem as a whole, an area which BB10 unfortunately is severely lacking.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 05:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Basing the quality of a phone on apps is not ridiculous. Many people moved to BlackBerry because it provided email and BBM when other phones did not. Now other phones provide apps that BlackBerry does not provide. Happens with all devices and products eventually.

I'm not worried about WhatsApp since I communicate mainly through email, text, or phone calls. But some people do rely on WhatsApp and I can understand their motives for going to another phone once the app stops working. It's not about being the best, it's about being people's favorite.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 05:42 PM
    Use the android WhatsApp app. Works no issues, even integrated into hub. FB can be circumvented by setting up email alerts which does pop up in your hub...it's basically the same thing. All that's missing is FB messenger which is a bit of a pain but Face10 has a similar app...it's not as good but honestly, I can't remember the last time I chatted on FB. It's just one of the ways to contact me, if someone tries to contact me ONLY via FB messenger and then give up, well I guess it wasn't that important to begin with.
    No. You dont have to miss out on FB Messenger. Just install FB messenger of Android version 25 and below. It works flawlessly in the same way Whatsapp Android does.

Posted via Passport Silver Edition 
    03-25-16 06:55 PM
    No. You dont have to miss out on FB Messenger. Just install FB messenger of Android version 25 and below. It works flawlessly in the same way Whatsapp Android does.

I tried it on my Passport but for some reason the newer version I tried installing is cockblocking it...will try on my Classic since it doesn't have any Android FB version on it.
    03-25-16 08:25 PM
    I tried it on my Passport but for some reason the newer version I tried installing is cockblocking it...will try on my Classic since it doesn't have any Android FB version on it.
    Is that whenever you are trying to install, it says something like there is a newer version installed on the phone"?

03-25-16 11:16 PM
    And that's why BlackBerry is so successful now. Right?
    Stormraging likes this.
    03-26-16 02:01 AM
    If you're basing an entire Operating System on a few insignificant apps and games
    you don't need a BlackBerry you need a toy!

But, you'll understand these things when you grow up!
    .. a King Canute moment
    03-26-16 03:12 AM
    BlackBerry 10 will live on for many moons, just as BB OS7 is still in use to this day. I work in a Lexus dealership and just the other day I saw at least 5 people roll through with Bold 9900s. At the end of the day, people are going to use what works for them. There are those that love BB10 and what it does when handling BBM, texts & emails and two social media apps being absent from the platform aren't going to stop them from using what works.
    acovey likes this.
    03-26-16 08:15 AM
    Go listen to the upflow video. Support likely ended along time ago. Doesn't mean fixs will stop or the app will stop working. Doesn't mean bird **** until something negative happens. That's the way I understood the past present and future about whatzapps. I don't think I am alone in not missing social apps on the phone even thought I use facebook and twitter and need to start up instagram. I will not need that for mobile and if I do I would tether a tablet or open the laptop. La de da.

Blackberry keeps saying that they are committed to BB10 and you people keep saying it's dead. Government run by stupid people for stupid people. We are all equal in the end.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    gugomat likes this.
    03-26-16 08:16 AM
    If you're basing an entire Operating System on a few insignificant apps and games
    you don't need a BlackBerry you need a toy!

But, you'll understand these things when you grow up!
    I can't but cringe at such posts.

Posted via CB10
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    03-26-16 10:24 AM
    Is that whenever you are trying to install, it says something like there is a newer version installed on the phone"?

Yeah that's right...but it works like a charm on the Classic. I'm ok with that...FB is not that vital to me. Thank you for your help.
    03-26-16 10:27 AM
    Yeah that's right...but it works like a charm on the Classic. I'm ok with that...FB is not that vital to me. Thank you for your help.
    You need to update your Android runtime then.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 10:31 AM
    That issue only happens when you have not updated the patched Android Runtime in BBW.
    Read and follow the instruction from this post: http://m.crackberry.com/android-runt...-now-available

03-26-16 10:59 AM
    That's a terrible statement. As a self employed person, I get tones of jobs via facebook. Saying that people only contact via facebook are "not important" is a very clueless way to put things up. A lot of people today "live" on facebook, and try to contact certain people via facebook aswell, because lets face it, it's one of the best platforms to find someone you need.
    03-26-16 06:32 PM
    [warn]Please keep the debate on topic and non-personal. Discuss the products, discuss the company, DO NOT discuss the other members posting in the thread.[/warn]
    bodjor likes this.
    03-26-16 06:56 PM
    That's a terrible statement. As a self employed person, I get tones of jobs via facebook. Saying that people only contact via facebook are "not important" is a very clueless way to put things up. A lot of people today "live" on facebook, and try to contact certain people via facebook aswell, because lets face it, it's one of the best platforms to find someone you need.
    Focus on the alternatives, the reality
    - Android APK
    -Face10

Or as Whatsapp says, get a new device, maybe a PRIV.
    03-26-16 07:11 PM
51 123