Only issue I have is that I can't not connect to my home's Wi-Fi.

Posted via CB10
    GLAT likes this.
    02-27-15 02:45 PM
    That may be so, but the Passport, like all BB10 phones, is built to run Android apps! It's certainly not a "solution" to any problem to not use them. If the phone doesn't work right after running Android apps, then that's a problem that needs to be solved, not a user error.

On that subject, I'll note that certain Android apps don't shut down properly and have to be killed from Device Monitor.

I also experience the well-known slow focus problem with the camera, and consider that a fault that needs fixing.

The slow start is there too, although it doesn't bother me, perhaps because I'm a slow starter myself.

I still occasionally hit virtual characters by mistake with my left thumb when typing. This is user error, no doubt, but although I'm much better than I was when I first got the Passport, I haven't managed to avoid it entirely.

There are still some OS enhancements needed, although I don't think they rise to the level of "problems." There's still no option to choose the sort order for browser bookmarks. I can't search for a number or any search string that starts with a number, from the Home screen, because the keyboard doesn't show numbers, and the virtual keyboard doesn't appear until after I've typed a letter.

This is pretty minor stuff, really.
    I accidentally upgraded to 10.3.1 today, and now I have problems.

Battery drain is significantly higher.

Sadly, as forewarned, no flash player in native browser. TVO, livestation, BBC World Service Radio and TV no longer work in native browser without flash.
    Installed android photon browser premium with flash. It is horrible and does not multitask when streaming. Cannot save photon links in home screen for single tap activation of live stream.

Focus in camera app is not really better than in 10.3.0.148 if you turned off continuous zoom in camera settings in 10.3.0. Taking pictures when someone moves still results in fuzzy pictures.

You cannot change permissions to Android apps as claimed by some. They all have access to your files, phone, location.
    What kind of secure phone is that that allows android apps permission to all your files and external memory card?

Attachment 337593

Attachment 337594

Attachment 337595

Attachment 337596
    Last edited by sorinv; 02-28-15 at 01:39 AM.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    02-28-15 01:05 AM
    I got a dust IN my screen. Not really happy with that.
    02-28-15 02:59 AM
    When you hold the period/voice dictation button, it sometimes just gives you multiple times periods instead of opening up the dictation. Would like to see this fixed

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 08:09 AM
    What exactly is that oily spot on the back around the BlackBerry logo? I see others have seen that as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 08:20 AM
    Just in case you weren't aware but the Facebook App is made by BlackBerry and not Facebook. I get its not up to other OS's but BlackBerry made it with security in mind. I will say the Facebook App is actually refreshing now than previous builds.

I have a Note 4 also gave it a try because I was without my launch BlackBerry Passport which I had to send in for screen split. I experienced hangs, lags, freezes and shut downs with the device which I didn't expect from Samsung flagship device using its own Android apps.

The Passport does the things that get the job done. I found myself going all over the place to do simple things on the Note 4.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:14 AM
    No major problems, this phone is excellent. Did have very occasional flicker. Installing 2480 solved that.

My only gripe is that "Turn on Screen for new notifications" will not work if the phone is vertical in a cradle.

Passport OS 10.3.1.2480
    02-28-15 09:28 AM
    Too many people complaining about it. I guess I've lucked out with my unit.

Yes, the camera could better but that is not the primary purpose I had (or rally anyone should have) in purchasing this device. Yes, it has gotten hot at times and froze once on me but after giving it a rest and/or a restart it has been fine. I've had these issues when I strayed and tried other phones (E52, E71, 3gs, S2) so they are not unique to the Passport.

I bought my first BlackBerry in 2003 to communicate with email, a phone and be mobile. Today, other phones offer the same but do not do so as well for me as I prefer a physical keyboard and now BB10's Hub feature is superior for my needs.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:38 AM
    Too many strangers come up to me and strike up a conversation about my phone. Don't they know I'm trying to get work done?

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    02-28-15 10:43 AM
    Same here. Also hate the creeking sound on left side of battery cover.

Working wide on my BlackBerry Passport. ;-)
    02-28-15 12:33 PM
    Keyboard goes crazy in the cold!

I wish they had an option in the settings to switch the keyboard swipe to work like the trackpad from the 9900, or classic

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 12:46 PM
    I have really had zero problems. Great smartphone for my use.

Posted with my Passport from CB10
    02-28-15 02:06 PM
    My only 'problem' is in the hub 'mark all as read' doesn't mark the facebook messages as read. Even when I click on them they still are marked as unreaded..

So no real problem at my end! I still love my passport since from day one!

The best BlackBerry ever!

..the Passport is more BlackBerry than ever!
    02-28-15 04:19 PM
    Same here. Also hate the creeking sound on left side of battery cover.

Working wide on my BlackBerry Passport. ;-)
    Mine just started doing this. annoying at best.

Also for those that have the top lock button delay, do you also have lift to wake turned on?

I always press the lock button when I pick up the device(old BBOS days habit), so with lift to wake turned on, I'm essentially relocking(lift to wake is waking it without pressing the button) the device and I end up having either a delay or having to press the button a couple times.

I turned lift to wake off(advanced interactions) and I no longer have the delay or having to press the button several times to wake.

No other issue since loading the 2480 patch. The screen seems brighter and crisper too!! Keyboard has softened up(like every other BB I've owned), including the space bar, battery life is amazing, and even with small hands, I'm super surprised how small other devices feel in my hands now. No way in h*ll I could go ack to a smaller device now.
    02-28-15 05:15 PM
    Double typing issue on a few keys.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 08:07 PM
    My only problem with the Passport is.... I cannot put it down. I think I have a Passport Syndrome?

Too many strangers come up to me and strike up a conversation about my phone. Don't they know I'm trying to get work done?
    Posted via my Canadian Passport
    Maybe they're just trying to hit on you?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 08:14 PM
    Keyboard gets wonky in cold weather. That's the only thing that I can think of.
    02-28-15 08:16 PM
    None.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 08:55 PM
    The only issue I've been experiencing is the onscreen keyboard registering a keypress instead of my actual 'swipe up' to minimize the app. I'm slowly training myself to swipe up on the left or right side to hit the 'Shift' or '@123' buttons, but it doesn't feel natural. I didn't use my Z10 for very long, but I don't remember having that issue with it.

Also, I have a shopping list app that is hard to use when I'm carrying it around the store because my hand scrolls on the keyboard.

Other than those two tiny issues, I l o v e this phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:24 PM
    Within the 24hrs of owning one, I suffered with the flickering issues...

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    03-01-15 12:39 AM
    Camera focus slow
    Screen flicker

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 02:33 AM
    It's addicting device!!!!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    03-01-15 03:35 AM
    None

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY PΛSSPӨЯŦ
    03-01-15 03:42 AM
    No big issues so far. Writing and reading far more with the Passport than with the former iPhone 5. The OS could be more polished and consistent using the keyboard scrolling and the gestures. Shortcuts and gestures make this device pretty fast.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    Chris Tau likes this.
    03-01-15 05:00 AM
    Camera used to take forever to focus. It's better with Camera++ and the new OS update. No problems otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 11:06 AM
246 ... 23456 ...