07-30-15 11:27 AM
246 1234 ...
tools
    I occasionally have to restart when android apps get wonky.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 08:13 PM
    Ok I'm coming from the note 4 which I was starting to enjoy especially with the use of a stylus but I've always loved BlackBerry and wanted to give BlackBerry another shot, especially after seeing the keyboard functions and such. I've only had it for about a week. These are some things I've had a problem with:

Automatic compression of pictures. This is absolutely annoying when I take a pic of a letter and I send it to someone they can't see anything. Give me the option to send the actual size of the pic.

Random re-boot: has happened twice when I was using the phone

Unresponsive: the screen or keyboard doesn't respond to gestures, or especially when I'm typing something on the text block no matter how many times I try to get the cursor to work it doesn't do anything.

Phone freezing. Self explanatory...and I'm not even running any other apps.

This phone has allowed me to be more productive especially when I'm doing work on my computer and I connect it to blend. I also don't get distracted by other social media apps on this phone such as snapchat which they don't have, and instagram. Also facebook app isn't up to par compared to other OS's which I think is a PLUS because now I spend less time worrying about what others are doing with their lives. The best thing about the facebook app: it doesn't require me to get facebook messenger. Everything I need is within that one app.

Well this is after a week's use. I'll see how this all goes. I still have my note4 in hand just in casein. I'm

Posted via CB10
    Stronger Than All likes this.
    02-10-15 09:13 PM
    Only problem is the keyboard goes nuts when its cold out! Thinking of moving to a place with a year around summer

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-10-15 09:19 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Had mine close to five months now... really works great! Can't wait for the OS 10.3.1 upgrade soon... should be even better...

Main concern was camera slow focusing etc but understand that the new OS may address much of that..

Super efficient beast!!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:27 PM
    It distracts me from work

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    02-10-15 10:35 PM
    I am on stock OS.Issues for me

1.Browser sometimes unresponsive
    2.Camera takes forever to focus
    3.Right end of screen slightly protruding.Not easily visible
    4.Swiping words up sometimes not that responsive

Hope these will be addressed in the upcoming update

Sent from Passport
    02-10-15 10:55 PM
    My biggest gripe is the freezing. Never had that with any other bb10 device. Especially the text message app, screen goes white for 10-20 seconds and I have to swipe back and reload the conversation.

Posted via CB10
    I have the same issue, but not in the text messaging app. My Passport, unlike my Q10 and Z10 is constantly hanging and freezing and I really hope they fix this with 10.3.1.
    02-10-15 11:33 PM
    I just want to be able to copy and paste without using the screen... Text editing keyboard shortcuts. Please.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    nah.uhh likes this.
    02-10-15 11:55 PM
    Mine use to freeze up quite a bit. Swiping out of apps, texting, browsing Internet. Just lots of software problems in general with it on 10.3. Totally got fed up with it. Also had a subpar battery life.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 01:01 AM
    Hardware like most not a problem at all! But software glitches are quite common. Had my device freeze with more than three active frames open, swipe up delay or not working, android app causing reboots, and hub stopped working needing a reboot, and some not apps not closing!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 01:07 AM
    Hardware like most not a problem at all! But software glitches are quite common. Had my device freeze with more than three active frames open, swipe up delay or not working, android app causing reboots, and hub stopped working needing a reboot, and some not apps not closing!

Posted via CB10
    Ya I had the same type of issues. It was super frustrating. Why the heck did the software have so many problems and why the heck would they release it like that.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 01:13 AM
    Zero Problem

A Happy Passport User....
    02-11-15 01:33 AM
    No real complaints so far. If I had to say anything I would say the camera seems slow. But I am on the stock OS.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    02-11-15 01:44 AM
    Can't find a case that does everything like the device does.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 02:56 AM
    Women show a continual and and sometimes unhinged attraction to me. I have to beat them off with a stick! Thinking of going back to the Z10 just to avoid problems.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    dmlis, saxxman and itzJustMeh like this.
    02-11-15 03:40 AM
    I haven't had any problems with my Passport so far. It does what it is supposed to do, and I really enjoy using it.

The only quibble I have with it is that the camera is pretty useless for quick action shots. However, I knew that from the reviews before I bought it, so I wasn't surprised.

That said, none of my other phones had any problems either......besides not having an interface I actually liked.
    Larry Harper likes this.
    02-11-15 03:42 AM
    Generally not great for me. Not considering an alternative just yet but some very annoying problems;

• Slow screen to wake and respond. Sometimes when you click the button it takes a few seconds to wake, so you press it again again and then it comes on and immediately goes off again.
    • Failure to receive phone calls! The phone only rings for about half of the phone calls that I get. The others just go straight to voicemail. This happens when I have perfect 4g signal. It is very annoying. Not sure if it is a hardware fault or a problem with the software but very difficult to reproduce.
    • Diary synchronisation very hit and miss. Some entries synchronise, some don't. This happens with entries made on the phone or on my google calendar. No idea why this is but I cannot rely on my phone diary which is a shame and a first for me with a Blackberry.
    • Occasional random reboots. Annoying but not the end of the world.

I am hoping that the latest update might solve some or all of these problems. If it doesn't, then I don't think I will keep the passport beyond the 12 month contract that it is on.
    stavwoz likes this.
    02-11-15 05:15 AM
    Camera focusing is slow. Hope they improving it in the next release.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 05:18 AM
    The letter 'Y' on my keyboard is acting up like my old Q10.....press it once and 2 Y's appear most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 05:34 AM
    The passport is the best phone I've owned but it's not perfect.

Keyboard flips out in inclement weather

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11274053

Screen rotation doesn't behave consistently

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11245731

The the text entry field in the Sms app occasionally won't accept input until I tap on it. Pressing the enter key sometime works, sometimes not.

It would be nice if I could adjust the length of time the instant previews for notifications stayed on the screen.

Some way to quickly organise the app screen. A 'sort alphabetically' feature would go a long way.

In general I think there could be a lot more configurability but BlackBerry mostly gets things right. I really hope they're still investing heavily is OS10 development. It is great but it could be really, really great.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 07:26 AM
    Got mine during the black Friday sale. Running great! No reboots or freezing (which was common on my Z10)
    No physical issues. So far the best BlackBerry i have owned.
    Only issue of course, is with the camera..

Passport on ATT
    02-11-15 07:59 AM
    I can probably think of a lot more knowing what I am like, but here's a starter:

- Rigid space bar is a constant sore for me every time I use the device. This is THE thing that makes me constantly go doubting if I made the right choice about Passport - essentially every time I pick up the device.
    - Lack of Android back button. If you are running androids AND putting a physical keyboard, might as well taken that bit of an extra step of putting in an android back button or a few function keys that can be mapped to different functions.
    - Android runtime could be better. It seems like running Android apps can really slow down the device and make the device hot, and requires reboots often (not to mention the Android apps that don't run at all). Sometimes scroll with keypad stops working while using an android app. This isn't wholly unpredictable, but I still haven't exactly figured out what the trigger for this is.
    - Integrate Android apps to the Hub better. What's the point of a "power communicator device" when it doesn't handle a lot of messaging platforms smoothly?
    - Play/stop/mute button should've been spaced from the volume up/down buttons, or placed at the top or bottom, not in between those two buttons.
    - The soft rubbery exterior material is just too easy to scratch and damage. It manages to get scratched while being inside a hard shell case.
    - Improve Blend on iOS. Desktop version works well enough, but rendering on iOS version is too slow. I don't even know why the iOS version has to take that long to render. It's as if iOS blend is an html app that loads and renders the whole thing every time you open it. Why not have the Blend client respond faster? The only data that needs to be received from Passport is just the message data, not the data related to the Blend client interface.

On the petty side:

- Let me access quick settings menu from lockscreen (with appropriate restrictions for security, of course).
    - Show current time when you use picture passcode (seriously, unlock the device just to check the time? And please don't tell me to use regular passcode)
    - Icons on the left of the Hub should stay on (at least when you pull out the menu to show only the icons, if not when both the icons and labels are displayed), so that you don't need to have to pull the left side menu out every time you switch between accounts. Currently, when you select an account from that left side menu, the menu hides, requiring you to pull it out again to switch to another account. If you switch between accounts frequently, this can get annoying.
    - Please, include shortcuts for select/cut/copy/paste, unless I am stupid and am missing what's already there. On that note, at least make the select/cut/copy/paste context menu popup larger. Why is that menu so micro tiny?
    - Swipe from bottom then left should take you to page 1 of the home screen. Why let a good gesture go idle?
    AndrewOrlowski likes this.
    02-11-15 08:10 AM
    Yes I'm the same as @quorky - I don't want to turn it on just with a swipe because I found myself turning it on by mistake far too often when it's in my purse, etc.
    02-11-15 08:31 AM
    I am on stock OS.Issues for me

1.Browser sometimes unresponsive
    2.Camera takes forever to focus
    3.Right end of screen slightly protruding.Not easily visible
    4.Swiping words up sometimes not that responsive

Hope these will be addressed in the upcoming update

Sent from Passport
    I've had my red Passport for less than 30 days and have found the same, except issue #3.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    02-11-15 09:47 AM
    a few random reboots and freezes, usually tied to running android apps. One email account does not always sync, sometimes don't pick up wifi when arriving home at night.. Love the battery life and overall rate it as Excellent, been happy with the upgrade from the Z10 which was a great unit except the battery
    02-11-15 10:03 AM
246 1234 ...