Problem using ANY GPS apps.

InkPassPort
    03-29-15 09:07 AM
    My only problem with this machine, is that it's just too damn perfect

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 09:20 AM
    Problems encountered: 1) Double typing 2) Proximity Sensor not working properly. I find the 2nd problem very annoying. The double typing is manageable. Otherwise this is still the best phone owned by me.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 10:53 AM
    The oily spot on the back around the BlackBerry logo drive me crazy, otherwise so far so good, the phone rocks.

Posted via CB10
    I agree I am always trying to clean it.
    03-29-15 12:01 PM
    Only problem with mine is I find the screen to be to sensitive.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 02:51 PM
    I purchased the AT&T version of the Passport. The first phone was shipped with a cosmetic issue. The second phone had touch screen keyboard no response issues. The third Passport had speaker issues. This was my first and with regret my last experience with BlackBerry. Sad part is that when the little bugger worked it was one of the best devices that I ever owned. I really liked the Passport. I hope other users have a better experience. The Passport is a joy to use.
    03-31-15 06:32 PM
    Double typing 20% of the time after the updates.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 07:38 PM
    I've had a host of issues with the Passport. The device I eventually settled on, a "limited" edition BlackBerry Passport Red, has had 2 stuck pixels from day one. In the last couple of days the side of the phone (the black stainless steel frame) started peeling, more specifically, the black paint started flaking off. The good thing is that it's sort of black-ish underneath as well, but you can still see a difference. The lack of apps is astonishing, and relying on Android equivalents that always complain about Google Play Services is very annoying. All in all, I'm only so-so happy with the device. It has many strengths, but also many weaknesses. I have opted to use an iPhone 6 Plus in addition to my Passport and the combination is working out well.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 08:41 PM
    My passport had bright white spot at the upper middle of screen. It developed on its own and was prominently visible on white background. Reported at blackberry expert centre and got a brand new replacement replacement yesterday...after almost 20 days...
    I had choice of Android Devices, iPhone during this period away from Passport...In fact expert centre agreed to give me a standby device...none will do for me...I chose to go back to BlackBerry 8900...

BlackBerry devices are just amazingly productive and addictive...

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 10:47 PM
    Now I don't want to be hating on it. It's a loyalty thing. Almost a rebellion of sorts to go for a BlackBerry given hardly anyone has it in Pakistan. So, here I am, having spent $600 plus transportation cost to bring it to Pakistan and we'll, I am very very sad and even more reluctant to admit that I am not really happy with it.
    Hardware wise it's beautiful. The keyboard is a charm (though annoyingly clicky at times). The built is sturdy and elegant. However it has started heating up. The charger heats up too when it charges.
    That being said, the software is a pain. I will admit I enjoyed playing around with the leaks initially but eventually it gets tiring. There always glitches in these leaks or OTA updates. Sometimes the battery drains too fast, sometimes the signals drop, at times the autofocus is slow while otherwise the screen flickers.
    Battery has been an issue for me: I haven't even once seen it survive more than one day. People here urge me to let go of android apps etc but this is ****. Why don't we have BlackBerry versions of youtube that can better work and drain less battery. What use is a battery for me if I can't truly do what I want to do? Again, I could have paid half the price and gotten an android phone instead. With this price tag, the passport should not be creating such excuses.
    Now I have deleted all android apps to see if my battery survives longer but that leaves it useless:
    Youtube is banned in pakistan and only does it run on the official android app and not on fastube or the browser etc so I can't youtube anymore.
    BlackBerry Maps don't work in Pakistan. Google maps did but I had to delete them aswell.
    Skype drains away battery so I've been asked to delete that aswell. Same with the case of Viber.

So now my passport is basically a texting and emailing machine, something it had actually confessed to be when it was launched. I will admit I had read all of this before but I had expected it to be more versatile. Clearly it's not. So basically I spent $600 + for texting and emailing, a job even a $50 phone could do. Yes the keyboard is brilliant but is it worth the extra $550? Hardly. Even the Q10 keyboard was good and it was cheap. My Passport hence is but a white elephant, even if it's black in color.

Posted via CB10
    I also had this problem with a few Android apps I don't want to give up. So I installed a Task Manager, and when I'm done using an Android app, I 'kill' it with the Task Manager so that it doesn't continue to run in the background. My battery life has greatly improved, and I sometimes get 2 days on a charge. Here is the link to the Task Manager app :

https://app.box.com/s/i3kkoobymoqrzw7f06obix3hvl3wrkcx

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    03-31-15 11:50 PM
    No issues. Solid pkb, Wifi, BT, great battery life lasting on avg 30hrs of moderate to heavy usage and more than 2 days on lighter use. Over 60 android apps installed via snap and no major issues and no battery drain due to android apps. It's brought a whole new life to my PP. Sorry ot:hers are having issues but feel very fortunate to have a unit that simply works and extremely well.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    andy957 likes this.
    03-31-15 11:53 PM
    no thousands separator in the calculator app!
    04-01-15 12:21 AM
    Bug when trying to swipe up to unlock. It wont unlock. Nothing happens when I swipe up. Only way to fix it is to restart it.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    04-01-15 01:19 AM
    I also had this problem with a few Android apps I don't want to give up. So I installed a Task Manager, and when I'm done using an Android app, I 'kill' it with the Task Manager so that it doesn't continue to run in the background. My battery life has greatly improved, and I sometimes get 2 days on a charge. Here is the link to the Task Manager app :

https://app.box.com/s/i3kkoobymoqrzw7f06obix3hvl3wrkcx

Hey, Thanks for the link but I have installed many Task managers before and when i complain about battery drain, ppl suggest that the task managers could be the cause so it is better to delete them.

Edit: Also, the link seems to be broken. Can you please give me a mirror link?
    Given that yours survives almost 2 days, i'll definitely give this a shot.
    Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 05:32 AM
    Almost no issues that could be attributed to the device itself. Physically it is EXTREMELY well-built. Had troubles with a 128GB microSD card I tried to use, but the card was a cheapie I'd bought on eBay for $30 so I don't think I can fault the phone.

The keyboard is unusable in the cold, or at least it was the last time I tried a couple of months ago.

Otherwise, it's been an outstanding device that I've grown to like more than I thought I would.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    04-01-15 05:47 AM
    Hey, Thanks for the link but I have installed many Task managers before and when i complain about battery drain, ppl suggest that the task managers could be the cause so it is better to delete them.

Edit: Also, the link seems to be broken. Can you please give me a mirror link?
    Given that yours survives almost 2 days, i'll definitely give this a shot.
    Posted via CB10
    This is the post where task managers were discussed:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1008278

The link on page 1 was broken, but the other links worked well.

Mind you, I get 2 days without YouTube, I rarely watch videos on my phone.

makahsan likes this.
    04-01-15 06:16 AM
    Almost no issues that could be attributed to the device itself. Physically it is EXTREMELY well-built. Had troubles with a 128GB microSD card I tried to use, but the card was a cheapie I'd bought on eBay for $30 so I don't think I can fault the phone.

The keyboard is unusable in the cold, or at least it was the last time I tried a couple of months ago.

Otherwise, it's been an outstanding device that I've grown to like more than I thought I would.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    Unusable in the cold? Holy ****! I didn't know that. I will be moving to Finland in some time...Should I then ditch the Passport while I'm here in Pakistan?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 07:01 AM
    I have a couple of complaints, OS related.

1. If I'm in the locked numbers mode (where I can use the physical keyboard to type numbers and symbols), as soon as I type a comma, the locked mode disappears and I either have to re-lock it or use the touch keyboard.

2. Some punctuation marks, such as ', : and ; do not remove the space after the swiped-up word.

3. When I'm typing a long word and the three suggestions appear at the bottom of the screen, if I don't like any of them and keep typing, the words don't change. It would be great if the artificial intelligence in the phone recognised that if one is not selecting a suggested word, maybe it's not the right suggestion.

04-01-15 07:24 AM
    Annoying double typing bug, no biggie though because it doesn't happen too often.

Other than that, no complaints.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-01-15 08:26 AM
    The damn battery lasts to long! Takes the anxiety out of "running out of juice" before hitting the charger! We now know that the PP's battery will easily last 24 hours! Where is the fun in that?????

Cheers....

Posted via CB10
    christausky likes this.
    04-01-15 08:29 AM
    My only problem is that I can't put the Damn thing down!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 08:33 AM
    Unusable in the cold? Holy ****! I didn't know that. I will be moving to Finland in some time...Should I then ditch the Passport while I'm here in Pakistan?

Posted via CB10
    I live in Canada and I haven't had any problems using it in the cold.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 08:35 AM
    My only issue is the browser: It is often slow. I frequently must reload pages and even then some pages do not load. I do not have an issue with my Z30's browser.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    04-01-15 08:46 AM
    Stupid double letter and camera jerky focus. Recently, my screen burns in the center while pressing. So crappy build... it is so blackberry. My 9900 wifi was broke when I got it. The antenna was only 5m only. Crappy build blackberry!!! If somebody will make a beautiful keyboard as yours I'll jump. My bet will be Microsoft!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 08:53 AM
    Annoying double typing bug, no biggie though because it doesn't happen too often.

Other than that, no complaints.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    It gets worse... the double typing is one thing I wish they would get rid of but it's been around for a loooong time on a plethora of phones. Other than that I love the phone.

Oh and random reboots. Or even shutting off and staying off.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 09:41 AM
246 ... 45678 ...