Random rebooting....

Posted via CB10
    Probably not a loose battery problem in the case of the Pasport. (I use a Q10 and have never had a random reboot.)
    03-01-15 11:22 AM
    Keyboard gets wonky in cold weather. That's the only thing that I can think of.
    With the latest update you can now turn off the Touch Enabled Keyboard if outside in the cold.

Passport running on 10.3.1.2480
    tp2386 likes this.
    03-01-15 12:42 PM
    Everything is great about this phone. On hardware Passport needs to improve the sensibility of the keypad if there is a Passport II in the near future (Maybe I am spoiled by Mac Book's track pad for too many years). I definitely will own my 2nd Passport. Cheers!
    03-01-15 08:19 PM
    My only problem with the Passport is.... I cannot put it down. I ?think I have a Passport Syndrome?

Maybe they're just trying to hit on you?

Posted via CB10
    Me too,hehehe...
    03-01-15 08:20 PM
    The only problem I've had is the keyboard itself. I just can't type with very much speed or accuracy, compared to a touchscreen device or traditional keyboard. To see if maybe I was just to used to typing on a touchscreen I pulled out my old 9900 and I could still type with great speed and accuracy on that phone. The Passport's keyboard to me is too stretched out, but I'm not sure they could make it any other way with the design of the phone. I'm going to try it for a little longer and if I don't improved I'll likely get rid of it.
    03-01-15 08:25 PM
    Copy and paste function is a must needed through keyboard short cut. Let's say when you select the word simply Z+ C for copy and Z+P for paste.

]|I{�------� ѕєηт �яσм му  ραѕѕρσят. �------�}I|[
    03-01-15 08:30 PM
    Sometimes my screen won't turn on, either with the power button or a swipe up. It just hangs I either have to wait a little bit or keep hitting the power button until it turns back on. The other problem is that my keyboard backlight might just die out on me and won't come back to life until a restart or after I turn the screen on and off a few times. Not sure what the problem is. I updated to the 10.3.1.1581 OTA as soon as I got my passport, so it was essentially a fresh install...baring the initial setup process. Anyone experience this and/or has a solution for these problems?

I also noticed sometimes that the screen does come on but the screen backlight does not... I hoping it's a software issue that can be fixed soon. I might try the 10.3.1 screen flicker fix leak. Hopefully that does the trick.

I have no problems other then the two I mentioned above... and they only time to time

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Core_Frequency; 03-02-15 at 05:49 AM.
    03-02-15 01:03 AM
    There is a plasticky sound when the touch screen is used. Whenever you touch the screen on the left hand side of the device you get that sound. This can be very annoying. When touched on the right hand side of the screen the result is not the same. This the best way I can describe it don't know if anyone else is experiencing this funny sound.

My Canadian Passport
    03-02-15 01:36 AM
    Within one month screen of my passport came out from right lower side! I'm quite surprised with this inferior build quality problem! I have not expected this.... Today sent to service centre, they told it'll take atleast 15 days to fix!!!!!
    03-02-15 11:16 AM
    Probably you screen is coming out from that point... Same thing happend with mine. Check immediately...
    03-02-15 11:20 AM
    Same here. Also hate the creeking sound on left side of battery cover.

Working wide on my BlackBerry Passport. ;-)
    I also noticed this the other day. Not good at all.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    Larry Harper likes this.
    03-02-15 05:54 PM
    There is a plasticky sound when the touch screen is used. Whenever you touch the screen on the left hand side of the device you get that sound. This can be very annoying. When touched on the right hand side of the screen the result is not the same. This the best way I can describe it don't know if anyone else is experiencing this funny sound.

My Canadian Passport
    It may be coming from the battery cover as mine does. (when holding the device) Try touching the screen on a flat surface and see if you get the same sound.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    03-02-15 05:56 PM
    Noticed my screen lifting just last night! Found out this has happened is happening with others. Opened up a ticket with Shop BlackBerry but couldn't complete solution as I'm at work with that phone left at home. Expecting a replacement as I'm within 6 months of purchase. Hopefully this isn't a recurring issue! Nevertheless will be looking for a case which will help prevent this issue, I.e., one that covers the front edges. Suggestions?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-26-15 12:29 PM
    Some bluetooth isues. Some wifi issues. But nothing I can't work around. Keyboard acts kinda weird outdoors (just sometimes). When I'm trying to type, it takes a few taps to enter the text box. It's like it frozen or doesn't read my command. Other random glitches, but overall nothing out of the ordinary, especially for a device so packed with features and abilities.
    03-26-15 01:49 PM
    I can't put it down! It's a huge problem.

Typed and swiped from my Passport.
    farvardinzad likes this.
    03-26-15 01:56 PM
    Some bluetooth isues. Some wifi issues. But nothing I can't work around. Keyboard acts kinda weird outdoors (just sometimes). When I'm trying to type, it takes a few taps to enter the text box. It's like it frozen or doesn't read my command. Other random glitches, but overall nothing out of the ordinary, especially for a device so packed with features and abilities.
    There are other threads about keyboard issues in cold / windy weather. Apparently it's related to the capacitive / touch sensitive nature of the KB. 10.3.1.Xxxx now gives you the option to turn off the touch enabled feature in the Language and Input settings if needed when outdoors.

Passport running on 10.3.1.2576
    03-26-15 05:16 PM
    My battery seems to drain too fast, especially since 10.3.1...

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    03-26-15 08:24 PM
    No problems at all!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 08:40 PM
    Cant't set gps localization based on gps only (turn off gsm localization). It's my one and only bb10 bug. Camera should focus faster of course.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 12:34 AM
    Screen slightly lifted from right Bottom edge..

Otherwise it's a reliable device.

Sent from Passport
    03-27-15 01:54 AM
    Now I don't want to be hating on it. It's a loyalty thing. Almost a rebellion of sorts to go for a BlackBerry given hardly anyone has it in Pakistan. So, here I am, having spent $600 plus transportation cost to bring it to Pakistan and we'll, I am very very sad and even more reluctant to admit that I am not really happy with it.
    Hardware wise it's beautiful. The keyboard is a charm (though annoyingly clicky at times). The built is sturdy and elegant. However it has started heating up. The charger heats up too when it charges.
    That being said, the software is a pain. I will admit I enjoyed playing around with the leaks initially but eventually it gets tiring. There always glitches in these leaks or OTA updates. Sometimes the battery drains too fast, sometimes the signals drop, at times the autofocus is slow while otherwise the screen flickers.
    Battery has been an issue for me: I haven't even once seen it survive more than one day. People here urge me to let go of android apps etc but this is ****. Why don't we have BlackBerry versions of youtube that can better work and drain less battery. What use is a battery for me if I can't truly do what I want to do? Again, I could have paid half the price and gotten an android phone instead. With this price tag, the passport should not be creating such excuses.
    Now I have deleted all android apps to see if my battery survives longer but that leaves it useless:
    Youtube is banned in pakistan and only does it run on the official android app and not on fastube or the browser etc so I can't youtube anymore.
    BlackBerry Maps don't work in Pakistan. Google maps did but I had to delete them aswell.
    Skype drains away battery so I've been asked to delete that aswell. Same with the case of Viber.

So now my passport is basically a texting and emailing machine, something it had actually confessed to be when it was launched. I will admit I had read all of this before but I had expected it to be more versatile. Clearly it's not. So basically I spent $600 + for texting and emailing, a job even a $50 phone could do. Yes the keyboard is brilliant but is it worth the extra $550? Hardly. Even the Q10 keyboard was good and it was cheap. My Passport hence is but a white elephant, even if it's black in color.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 03:17 AM
    browser when using facebook double typing issue

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 08:34 AM
    I have owned several BBs over the years going back to a RIM pager, including the Playbook. My Passport has been returned twice for multiple problems including the audio system twice and a continuing problem with Bluetooth connectivity with multiple devices including my car (connecting, or not, then spontaneously disconnecting) and Bose speaker. The audio issues including incoming calls with no ringer. Dealer didn't believe me until he went through all the settings. Receiving calls from a known contact and being unable to hear them another issue. Using my old Z10 which itself had to be returned for overhearting - that one has been fixed. The Passport will be my last BB. Three big loser devices Passport, BBZ10 and Playbook!
    Marlon650 likes this.
    03-27-15 08:58 AM
    Thank goodness I do not have this issue!
    Random rebooting....

Posted via CB10
    makahsan likes this.
    03-27-15 04:33 PM
    My passport had bright white spot at the upper middle of screen. It developed on its own and was prominently visible on white background. Reported at blackberry expert centre and got a brand new replacement replacement yesterday...after almost 20 days...
    03-29-15 09:02 AM
246 ... 34567 ...