I've had the passport since launch and haven't been able to find a version of Snapchat that actually works correctly. With the latest version of Snapchat which I side loaded when I take a picture the screen turns black. With an older version on snachat that I currently use all my pictures turn out sideways including text. Anyone know where I can get a full working Snapchat??
    02-23-15 05:41 PM
    I can't seem to get snapchat to work on the passport. All the alternate snapchat clients cannot be used as I was sent a message from snapchat saying my account was locked and I needed to change the password for security reasons and if I continue to use 3rd party clients then my account will be blocked! So now I have to resort to the sideloaded latest version from Snap, which also gives me the black pictures like u said. Recording videos works out but sometimes sending videos causes the app to crash. Sadly I can't say I have a workaround to get it to work

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:46 PM
    I have snapchat version 8.1.2 on my passport running 10.3.1.1151 .. recording video is fine and sending. I also receive everything fine from my friends .. taking photos does not work just a black picture when I take it. .. doesn't crash on me.. I use this in the meantime ... here is a link for 8.1.2 apk let me know how it works http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/snapcha...-apk-download/

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 08:15 PM
    Apparently a solution for the black pictures is re-sizing the app to 'third option available' from the top swipe down menu.
    I don't own a passport, so I'm quoting that from a thread I came across.
    Also 8.1.2 works perfectly. Even the patched version works.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 08:57 PM
    I have snapchat version 8.1.2 on my passport running 10.3.1.1151 .. recording video is fine and sending. I also receive everything fine from my friends .. taking photos does not work just a black picture when I take it. .. doesn't crash on me.. I use this in the meantime ... here is a link for 8.1.2 apk let me know how it works http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/snapcha...-apk-download/

Posted via CB10
    Use this version, and yes, once logged in, swipe down from the top of the screen and resize to the third option on the right, and it works great.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:05 PM
    Thx I just resized and it works great

Posted via CB10
    kb1234 likes this.
    02-23-15 09:07 PM
    How do you get rid of the Google play services need to use snapchat?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:49 PM
    Version 8.1.2 it asks for it when you open app. I just click anywhere on the screen and it goes away. The latest version keeps asking for Google play services and it won't go away. you can patch it somehow but I don't know how, so I just use a older version.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:55 PM
    I download this and it's telling me that i need google play services. I click the last one & i still get this black window.
    02-23-15 10:05 PM
    That's weird, I get the pop up for Google play services when I open the app. But like I said I just click on the screen and the message goes away and I can use the app. Resizing the screen worked for me. What os are you running

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:16 PM
    Not sure if this helps, haven't tested it yet:

Do you Snapchat? Here's how to get it on BlackBerry - BBin
    bigjman likes this.
    02-24-15 02:23 AM
    Okay so on 10.3.1 the new settings regarding size have changed and it's fixed my issues but it means the size isn't full. Makes it ugly but it works. Open snapchat and swipe down, then click size and choose 'rectangular suitable for games'. I'm not sure why this fixes it but it works

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 08:05 AM
    To get rid of the google play services error, you will have to install cobalt32's patched google play services apk and patch the Snapchat apk.
    Or just PM me and i'll BBM you the files.

Posted via CB10
    roberto1806 likes this.
    02-24-15 09:26 PM
    Thanks to the input on this thread, I was able to login. I reckon when I used Snap to download snapchat, it took the latest one released and that didn't allow me to login no matter what. Thx folks

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:19 AM
    To get rid of the google play services error, you will have to install cobalt32's patched google play services apk and patch the Snapchat apk.
    Or just PM me and i'll BBM you the files.

Posted via CB10
    How easy would you say the patching process is? And is a thing where you do it PER app, or could you entirely patch the entirety of the phone so that every consecutive apk download and install that requires the Google service would automatically be patched?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:20 AM
    ^ I was wondering that too.
    02-25-15 08:42 AM
    [QyUOTE=2FunR1;11392723]I have snapchat version 8.1.2 on my passport running 10.3.1.1151 .. recording video is fine and sending. I also receive everything fine from my friends .. taking photos does not work just a black picture when I take it. .. doesn't crash on me.. I use this in the meantime ... here is a link for 8.1.2 apk let me know how it works http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/snapcha...-apk-download/

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    try swiping the screen to the left when you get a black screen. As if you were adding the time or another type of gram to the picture.

I use an older version of snapchat and for some reason when I do text it shows up sideways on my peers phones.

I honestly don't think there's a legit solution for snapchat on the passport. It's not ridiculous but it's annoying. Something that shouldn't even be up for discussion. We should have a working version.
    02-25-15 04:51 PM
    How do u resize? Not seeing anything when i swipe down

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:17 PM
    How easy would you say the patching process is? And is a thing where you do it PER app, or could you entirely patch the entirety of the phone so that every consecutive apk download and install that requires the Google service would automatically be patched?

Posted via CB10
    Its defiantly an easy process, but it is cumbersome. You need to download each app's apk to your pc, patch it and install it. The patched google play services and other files are one time installs.
    You can patch apks directly from your phone but that would remove google services from the app, rather than patch dependency. Which means that features wouldn't work. This process would work for apps such as Snapchat, but not for apps such as Google Maps or Google Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:09 PM
    Its defiantly an easy process, but it is cumbersome. You need to download each app's apk to your pc, patch it and install it. The patched google play services and other files are one time installs.
    You can patch apks directly from your phone but that would remove google services from the app, rather than patch dependency. Which means that features wouldn't work. This process would work for apps such as Snapchat, but not for apps such as Google Maps or Google Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tons of information in the reply! I tried some patching on my spare Z10 and its definitely not that hard , just repetitive as you mentioned
    03-03-15 10:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Could you BBM me how to patch it xD .PIN:n00bert

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 05:24 PM
    I use the Gmaps patcher to patch apps asking for the silly Google Services
    03-05-15 07:52 PM
    Could someone BBM me a patched apk of snapchat (latest version) that will work on my passport... PIN: n00bert

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:29 AM
    Could someone BBM me a patched apk of snapchat (latest version) that will work on my passport... PIN: n00bert

Posted via CB10
    sent you an invite on BBM.
    03-14-15 05:56 AM
57 123