I got both and I like play store better cuz it looks better.
    04-11-15 03:36 AM
    I found that some apps wouldn't work from the Play Store but would work from Snap. I patched the apps and installed Google Services and all even. I might have made a mistake somewhere along the way though.

Posted via CB10
    Snap and Play Store download the files from the same repository (Google Play). So there is no difference between the downloaded apps. It's unlikely that one runs better than the other.
    04-11-15 05:18 AM
    Snap and Play Store download the files from the same repository (Google Play). So there is no difference between the downloaded apps. It's unlikely that one runs better than the other.
    Hey Cobalt, any chances of the GP services on Blackberry 10 in the near future?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 10:53 AM
    Possibly. We'll see.
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    04-11-15 10:55 AM
    All my android apps on my Passport have been installed using the play store tanks to Cobalt. Everything is working well.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    04-11-15 11:56 AM
    Possibly. We'll see.
    You can do it!
    I'll be waiting.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 03:15 PM
    Based from your description of your mother then I wouldn't bother installing snap or Google store because the Amazon App store does the trick. I don't think she's going to use that much app and if she needs something, I'm sure the Amazon store will have the apps she needs.

Yes 4 app store is too repetitive and she's going to be one confused lady. Keep it simple and let her try BlackBerry app store and Amazon store for a month and if there is an app that isn't available that she really needs then you can install Snap or Google store later on.

I was asking as I wrote, will be getting my mother an AT&T Passport for mother's day this year and since she is in no way technically inclined I didn't want to confuse her with a bunch of app stores. I have Snap, but was waiting on 3.0 to put on her Passport though at this point may just use the Play Store.

In the end I will likely setup the device entirely, including downloading all of the apps she wants so I guess it really doesn't matter if I threw both on there. Just seems 4 app stores would be overkill for her. Figured I'd ask for feedback from those who used both. :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 04:49 PM
    Based from your description of your mother then I wouldn't bother installing snap or Google store because the Amazon App store does the trick. I don't think she's going to use that much app and if she needs something, I'm sure the Amazon store will have the apps she needs.

Yes 4 app store is too repetitive and she's going to be one confused lady. Keep it simple and let her try BlackBerry app store and Amazon store for a month and if there is an app that isn't available that she really needs then you can install Snap or Google store later on.
    Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a reasonable option. That was kind of what I was going for trying not to confuse her. I'll have to take a look at her phone and see what apps she's using now. Maybe they'll all be available via Amazon's app store. That would be nice and make explaining easier since she already has an Amazon Prime account. Coming from years of iPhone use, she doesn't use any Google services and has no account or email from them.

For myself, the Snap versus Play Store is interesting. I wasn't sure if Snap was still being supported as I've been on Snap2 for a while which gets the job done. I'm not a huge app person or gamer, but have done sideloading, leaks, .apks, etc. Will likely be adding Snap3 as it seems to be on the way or possibly the Play Store. Guess we'll see. As I wrote, I really only play a few games on the Z10, but like to have the options there on all my BB10s. Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 12:10 AM
33 12