So FINALLY, probably next week, will be getting my mom an AT&T version Passport. Seidio released their Gold Surface Case and I ordered a few mirror screen protectors for the original Passport which I'll modify if I have to. Requirements finally fulfilled!

So my question is if Snap 3.0 has been released. I know there was a beta a while ago, but haven't heard anything about it being released. Also, I know there is a way to install the Google store directly on the device so trying to decide between the two?

I currently have Snap on my BBs, converted my mom from an iPhone since the first one to a Z10 last year. At that time, I basically just found all of the .apks I needed for her apps so I'm sure most of them are outdated, etc and thought I would use device switch to transfer contacts and pics but start fresh with apps. If I get lucky her apps might be on Amazon.

I'd rather do this then transfer everything from Link and possibly end up with a buggy phone. She can change her settings, etc. Device Switch worked well for my sister. Anyway with that said what *additional* store would you recommend? Is Snap still being supported well?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 07:49 AM
    i use Snap more than Amazon. Also there are steps you can take to install the google play store as well. follow Cobalt's thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

AFAIK snap is still in beta 3. i prefer the stable version right now
    04-09-15 07:59 AM
    Play store

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 08:18 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. I've had Snap2 for a while. Thought maybe I missed the release of 3.0. Still unsure if I'll go with Snap2 at this point or just do the Google Play for her. She doesn't use many apps and for some I can likely just put a shortcut to the mobile site and she'd think it's the app lol.

Will be really interested to see her unbiased opinion and how long for her to get used to this coming from iPhone 5s to Z10 to Passport! At least she is already familiar with the OS10. Just waiting on the case and screen protectors...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 09:46 AM
    Here a simple comparison between Play Store and Snap. This may not be completely accurate, but it gives you an idea of the difference.

You can choose your store according to your needs. Also, you can have multiple stores on your device that can coexist. So why not install both?

Snap 3.0? Or Play Store?-playstore_snap_comparison.jpg
    04-09-15 10:02 AM
    U need all!

All appstores got apps that is only on that particular store
    04-09-15 10:30 AM
    Off the topic. I use neither! Happy with my BlackBerry apps. Just what I need.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 10:49 AM
    Cobalt232... wow, thanks for the chart. Seems like I might just go with the Play Store for her. That would give her BlackBerry World, Amazon, and Google Play.

I also do not use any Android apps on my Passport, but I do have Snap installed. It was useful when a friend said "I bet you don't have this app" and I quickly pulled it up lol. So much for that argument. I do have Snap installed on all my BBs though, but for the most part only have 3 Android apps downloaded on my Z10 that I use; quizcross, trivia crack, and words with friends.

Seems like the Play Store will be the easiest as my mom is in no way a techy type. She still asks me questions about her Z10 which was a mother's day gift last year. Luckily, she is able to purchase on contract price for the Passport or this year she would not be getting the Passport for $650 or whatever AT&T wants.

BTW, she refuses to give up her unlimited data and pays for a contract phone anyway. Off topic... as soon as I saw the Passport and the specs I headed straight from unlimited data on Verizon to AT&T and my bill has been about $30 cheaper every month since. Hoping she'll love it. It is an odd form factor. I already warned her about all the attention she'll get!

I'm a weirdo, it's kinda exciting like I'm getting a new BlackBerry lol. Can't wait to compare the AT&T to the original though. May end up making a thread on her first impressions, time to get used to, pros/cons, etc. coming from someone who has used the iPhone forever until the Z10 gift last year. As BlackBerry fans we are biased to some extent so I'm really curious about how she will react and rate the device overall.

Edit: As was said I might as well put both, didn't want to confuse her too much as that would give her 4 app stores and she only needs a few apps; maybe 5-10 max.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:18 AM
    Cobalt 232 I went to your other link to try and load the google play store on my PP but I keep getting an error every time I have tried to install it. Is there something going won with the link that you left us to install the google play store?
    04-09-15 12:14 PM
    Cobalt232, I was able to get every thing loaded on my PP and it is working just fine for me right now.
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    04-09-15 02:37 PM
    Play store obviously. But there were some basic apps that worked from the amazon store that didn't from the play store or snap for me such as tinder haha, just saying.

Posted via CB10 for Red BlackBerry Passport
    04-10-15 01:39 AM
    Play store obviously. But there were some basic apps that worked from the amazon store that didn't from the play store or snap for me such as tinder haha, just saying.

Posted via CB10 for Red BlackBerry Passport
    The Store just get you the app. It doesn't determin if the app works on your device. The Blackberry Android runtime is stripped of some components, that may cause apps not to run correctly. You can try to patch them, but there never is a guarantee that it finally will work.
    04-10-15 01:48 AM
    After the recent OTA update, my Play Store disappeared. Do I need to reinstall it? Anyone else see this problem?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-10-15 08:41 AM
    Why ask when u can simply have both lol...Play store
    04-10-15 08:48 AM
    After the recent OTA update, my Play Store disappeared. Do I need to reinstall it? Anyone else see this problem?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    You where using an outdated version of Play Store that didn't have the patch to prevent autoupdates. Download the latest version from my Play Store thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post11189556
    Condoleeza likes this.
    04-10-15 09:28 AM
    The Play Store constantly bothered me about updating apps and caused some weird incompatibilities and problems updating apps. Snap seems to cooperate better with the OS.
    04-10-15 03:51 PM
    Here a simple comparison between Play Store and Snap. This may not be completely accurate, but it gives you an idea of the difference.

You can choose your store according to your needs. Also, you can have multiple stores on your device that can coexist. So why not install both?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Playstore_Snap_comparison.jpg 
Views:	2134 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	346570
    I am one of those users that just can't install your Google Play applications without the warning telling me I can't install the app. Gaurdian being enabled or disabled has no effect.
    04-10-15 04:08 PM
    Why ask when u can simply have both lol...Play store
    I was asking as I wrote, will be getting my mother an AT&T Passport for mother's day this year and since she is in no way technically inclined I didn't want to confuse her with a bunch of app stores. I have Snap, but was waiting on 3.0 to put on her Passport though at this point may just use the Play Store.

In the end I will likely setup the device entirely, including downloading all of the apps she wants so I guess it really doesn't matter if I threw both on there. Just seems 4 app stores would be overkill for her. Figured I'd ask for feedback from those who used both. :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 04:17 PM
    Snap. I'm running the Beta 3 version and it's awesome. It got a UI overhaul and, unlike the Google Play store, won't update itself in the background and ruin itself. I'd say go for Snap.
    04-10-15 05:03 PM
    Snap. I'm running the Beta 3 version and it's awesome. It got a UI overhaul and, unlike the Google Play store, won't update itself in the background and ruin itself. I'd say go for Snap.
    Play Store doesn't update itself anymore. This bug has been fixed in version 5.3.5 (which you obviously don't have). Check the changelog for an overview of all bugfixes. You can download the latest version, which is 5.4.10 from the first post of my thread.

Changelog:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post11189557
    04-10-15 05:20 PM
    Play Store doesn't update itself anymore. This bug has been fixed in version 5.3.5 (which you obviously don't have). Check the changelog for an overview of all bugfixes. You can download the latest version, which is 5.4.10 from the first post of my thread.

Changelog:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post11189557
    You're right, I stopped using it once the beta for Snap was released. I'd prefer to quickly sideload a native app that I know works rather than an Android app that might decide to run rogue randomly. I like supporting native development. Without them BB10 won't survive and grow.
    04-10-15 08:10 PM
    You're right, I stopped using it once the beta for Snap was released. I'd prefer to quickly sideload a native app that I know works rather than an Android app that might decide to run rogue randomly. I like supporting native development. Without them BB10 won't survive and grow.
    I do understand that. But native development is not going to grow and it will for sure not survive. Most of the apps are android ports anyway. Beside of all the native flashlight/task manager/colored led junk on app world.
    04-10-15 09:21 PM
    I like and prefer Snap, but I may give the Play Store a try someday.
    04-10-15 10:10 PM
    I found that some apps wouldn't work from the Play Store but would work from Snap. I patched the apps and installed Google Services and all even. I might have made a mistake somewhere along the way though.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 10:46 PM
    You where using an outdated version of Play Store that didn't have the patch to prevent autoupdates. Download the latest version from my Play Store thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post11189556
    Hey Cobalt, any chances of the GP services on Blackberry 10 in the near future?
    04-11-15 03:34 AM
33 12