I love my Passport but I do want to be part of a better ecosystem.

Does any other Passport users have an iPhone as a second or main driver?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 03:54 PM
    Did you not pre-order yours?
    11-07-15 03:56 PM
    If you app envy get an iPad mini then you can have both a bb10 device and when you need a certain app iOS will have it.
    11-07-15 03:57 PM
    I thought you were going to give us a review before Bla1ze even got his up?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 04:01 PM
    Did you not pre-order yours?
    Yeh but I've been reading the threads all day and I don't like the talk about the battery, overheating and over working CPU, pkb size and a general fear I don't like the way Android flows.

Maybe it's this forum, maybe it's the fact I feel totally mugged off I pre-ordered and I didn't get it on the first day I don't know anymore. My desire to be part of a better ecosystem hasn't wavered though.

Posted via CB10
    xxslxx likes this.
    11-07-15 04:03 PM
    I thought you were going to give us a review before Bla1ze even got his up?

Posted via CB10
    I thought I was gonna get it yesterday. What's the point in ordering when I could have gone to Selfridges? It defeats the point of putting an order in. If I was to pre-order the new iPhone, Apple would make sure I would have it on the same day stores had it. I feel totally mugged off.

Posted via CB10
    Sparksx and xxslxx like this.
    11-07-15 04:07 PM
    I thought I was gonna get it yesterday. What's the point in ordering when I could have gone to Selfridges? It defeats the point of putting an order in. If I was to pre-order the new iPhone, Apple would make sure I would have it on the same day stores had it. I feel totally mugged off.

Posted via CB10
    Damn, I'd be annoyed too. At least you get a free case though.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 04:18 PM
    I use my iPhone for day to day and my Passport is my Email and Productivity work horse

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-07-15 04:39 PM
    Damn, I'd be annoyed too. At least you get a free case though.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with Carphone Warehouse So I don't think I even get that!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 04:47 PM
    I'm with Carphone Warehouse So I don't think I even get that!

Posted via CB10
    Ouch.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 04:53 PM
    If you app envy get an iPad mini then you can have both a bb10 device and when you need a certain app iOS will have it.
    This is what I did. I have the Z30, Passport and an iPad mini 3 for games and certain apps. I tested the PRIV today and decided I'm not ready for to switch to Android as my main phone. The PRIV is nice, I'm just not into Android.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    allsportsfan likes this.
    11-07-15 08:28 PM
    This is what I did. I have the Z30, Passport and an iPad mini 3 for games and certain apps. I tested the PRIV today and decided I'm not ready for to switch to Android as my main phone. The PRIV is nice, I'm just not into Android.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    That's a lot of hardware to carry around! I loaded all the Cobalt stuff on my passport, along with Lucky Patcher, and once I got HBOGO running I realized I had every app that I could possibly want. Probably keep this phone for five years. It works great.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:42 PM
    All I can say is if you love the passport keyboard you will hate the priv's.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 09:01 PM
    I use a Passport and Leap. I also have an iPhone6 that I use when I know I need to take a decent photo.

I to am thinking of trying the Priv, mostly with the hopes of having a decent camera so I can use just one device, lol

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:19 PM
    @kitebrdr

Tested the Priv at a store for about an hour as they had sold out of their inventory already and can say that the Priv is the fastest autofocus camera Blackberry has ever put in a phone and reading some reviews from Androidcentral where they have had the phone for a couple of weeks now, the low light photography could still be improved.
    11-08-15 10:58 AM
    Yeh but I've been reading the threads all day and I don't like the talk about the battery, overheating and over working CPU, pkb size and a general fear I don't like the way Android flows.

Maybe it's this forum, maybe it's the fact I feel totally mugged off I pre-ordered and I didn't get it on the first day I don't know anymore. My desire to be part of a better ecosystem hasn't wavered though.

Posted via CB10
    I've been reading nothing but glowing reviews about the Priv. As with anything you purchase, opinions are subjective. I've found that the Crackberry community is particularly harsh in judging the Priv since it runs Android instead of BB10. I'm with you in that I'm ready for a complete ecosystem. Having BlackBerry do an Android is a good compromise for me since they're moving many of their best features to Android.

I don't know how people can be complaining about battery life when today is day 2 of its launch. People are likely downloading apps, setting it up, syncing accounts, and generally using it more than what they would on average.

Here are some of the very positive reviews and videos:

http://www.techinsider.io/blackberry...review-2015-11

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/blackberr...202952196.html

https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...iv-blackberry/

http://www.berryreview.com/2015/11/0...by-blackberry/

http://www.wsj.com/articles/blackber...oid-1446786132

http://m.androidcentral.com/blackberry-priv-review

And there are many more....

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on CB10
    11-08-15 12:14 PM
    I love my Passport but I do want to be part of a better ecosystem.

Does any other Passport users have an iPhone as a second or main driver?

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, better ecosystem. I personally feel that this is subjective. While I will not argue that apple has a wider ecosystem. A lot of people that I know just don't like it. They feel limited by itunes and the aging OS. Android keeps evolving but can present many threats to privacy and security. Windows hardly gets mentioned, yet it offers a pretty decent experience.

I for one like the BB10 ecosystem when paired with blend. What a godsend. To me, better isn't what everyone else is using. Better is what works for me. It doesn't mean that there isn't obvious room for improvement.

Choose wisely and be happy.

Posted via CB10
    xxslxx likes this.
    11-08-15 12:53 PM
    CPW have offered a 5 voucher to use in CPW store for inability to deliver to pre-order customers on time: pretty lame imho.

Delay due to "nationwide stock issues," per a text from CPW alerting me that my order would be delivered 13. Nov at the earliest.

Walked in to Selfridges and picked up the PRIV in person yesterday. At the CPW stand. Where they had several available.

According to staff, customers had been purchasing multiple devices (10, 20+!) and they had sold over 200 of them on day 1.
    11-08-15 01:29 PM