My Passport decided a while back to charge very slowly, after I overheated the crap out of it last summer (110F plus engine heat, it probably saw 150F while on) - ever since then, the most the PP will charge is just under .5A draw. I have a USB charging monitor and am using my KeyOne factory charger (original PP charger died years ago, and using other high end chargers it used to work fine before)

So, battery life doesn't seem super affected, but recharge time is slower than molasses in January in Canada. That said, anyone else experience this? Is it a burned out charging circuit? Is it a battery that has died and can't decide?

I'd like to have my PP back since I changed jobs and I think it'd be more fun to use in the new work environment.
    01-18-20 02:53 PM
    Showing the tester - one hour = 5 % battery charge. Sssssslllllloooowwwww.
    01-18-20 03:34 PM
    Showing the tester - one hour = 5 % battery charge. Sssssslllllloooowwwww. [IMG=1014x760]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200118/f4b806cc7849773f941fd39a4ce23420.jpg[/url]
    Have you tried replacing the battery?
    01-18-20 03:46 PM
    The temperature conditions you described have happened often to my Passport when going out in summer holding it and using the camera. I would say it is the battery and it somehow got compromised because of this incident, maybe it has already been prone to exhibiting a defect. Maybe you would be better off changing the battery. The decreased current draw is likely to mean that there is resistance in battery which is a result of its malfunction.
    01-19-20 03:29 AM
    Have you tried a different USB cable, or cable charger combination, and without the monitor in the mix?

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    01-19-20 06:01 AM
    My Passport decided a while back to charge very slowly, after I overheated the crap out of it last summer (110F plus engine heat, it probably saw 150F while on) - ever since then, the most the PP will charge is just under .5A draw. I have a USB charging monitor and am using my KeyOne factory charger (original PP charger died years ago, and using other high end chargers it used to work fine before)

So, battery life doesn't seem super affected, but recharge time is slower than molasses in January in Canada. That said, anyone else experience this? Is it a burned out charging circuit? Is it a battery that has died and can't decide?

I'd like to have my PP back since I changed jobs and I think it'd be more fun to use in the new work environment.
    Disconnect charging cable from PP, goto settings / network and connections, check is USB if it says connected or not connected.
    If it says connected even if u haven't connected any cable, the device port may have a problem.
    Just switch off the phone. Clean the mobile port with alcohol or spray perfume in the port and clean it. It has worked for me.
    I was going to replace the port, but I gave it a try with the perfume, sprayed it 2-3 times, cleaned it. Got back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-20 06:11 AM
    First, thank you all for the replies.

Have you tried replacing the battery?
    No. The battery was still holding good life, just extremely slow on the charge.

Have you tried a different USB cable, or cable charger combination, and without the monitor in the mix?
    Yes, and in fact, the charger shown is actually an HP charger for my Stream7 tablet (but performs well on everything else, can can provide 2.1A very stable)
    Timing doesn't seem to change so long as I am using a good cable and charger - and the time to charge stayed the same with the meter in, so all of those things were eliminated.
    Thanks!

Disconnect charging cable from PP, goto settings / network and connections, check is USB if it says connected or not connected.
    If it says connected even if u haven't connected any cable, the device port may have a problem.
    I have already cleaned that port, thinking it may have been the problem, it's clean and tight.
    Checking your comment about seeing if USB is staying connected, and no, it's not. It shows disconnected. I appreciate the troubleshooting tip, though!

The temperature conditions you described have happened often to my Passport when going out in summer holding it and using the camera. I would say it is the battery and it somehow got compromised because of this incident, maybe it has already been prone to exhibiting a defect. Maybe you would be better off changing the battery. The decreased current draw is likely to mean that there is resistance in battery which is a result of its malfunction.
    This is kind of where I am heading with it, and suspected as much on the battery not allowing it to recharge well, just trying to chase down any other things before I tear into a new battery. That said, sounds like where I need to go on it (and my KeyOne as well - my battery life went to pot on it in the last couple of months compared to when I got it... at least it recharges quickly!)

Again, Thanks Everyone for all the input!
    Radoslav Valkov and m3ach like this.
    01-19-20 02:49 PM
    Update:

Put a new battery in it, still will only charge at 1/2 amp max. So definitely in the charge circuit.

The battery life, however is much better. Enough that I could use it all day and let it charge all night.
    01-28-20 02:54 PM
    Update:

Put a new battery in it, still will only charge at 1/2 amp max. So definitely in the charge circuit.

The battery life, however is much better. Enough that I could use it all day and let it charge all night.
    I still think it might be the Passport's charging port! Change it and try!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-20 07:07 AM
    Update:

I’d concur that charging port could be problem and should be reasonable fix to attempt. If that fails, it begins acceptance of either slow charge only and possible replacement of device
    01-29-20 08:11 AM