Slimport cable with a USB for charging and OTG. Is this available? So far, all I could find was the above, but without the OTG

Thanks

My Z30 is hired, my iPhone retired. BlackBerry rules the lot. Cause it's the best phone I've ever got.
    01-18-15 11:54 AM
    I purchased one and ended up throwing it out.

It was unreliable when connected to a TV. It would work for a while then shut off.

Ended up going with a miracast dongle from Asus. It was way more reliable and wireless too.

My opinion to save you some trouble and money.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 03:22 PM
    Thanks, I bought an OTG micro USB With a USB hub, plugged my PC's keyboard and mouse. It worked really well on my Z30, no lag whatsoever for both the keyboard and the mouse.

However when I tried it on the Passport, it was very spotty. just as you said, it worked sometimes, but stopped working after a few seconds. sometimes it would not work at all.

Looks like the problem may be with the passport itself or perhaps it only works with slimport.

if it only works with slimport, why does it still work, but erratically?

My Z30 is hired, my iPhone retired. BlackBerry rules the lot. Cause it's the best phone I've ever got.
    01-18-15 09:45 PM
    I purchased one and ended up throwing it out.

It was unreliable when connected to a TV. It would work for a while then shut off.

Ended up going with a miracast dongle from Asus. It was way more reliable and wireless too.

My opinion to save you some trouble and money.

Posted via CB10
    How good is that dongle compared to the Netgear push2tv? I've been using the latter for a while now, and it's 50/50 with regards to consistent streaming. I would have to put the phone less than a meter away for it to work without getting frames dropped.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 11:02 PM
    Thanks, I bought an OTG micro USB With a USB hub, plugged my PC's keyboard and mouse. It worked really well on my Z30, no lag whatsoever for both the keyboard and the mouse.

However when I tried it on the Passport, it was very spotty. just as you said, it worked sometimes, but stopped working after a few seconds. sometimes it would not work at all.

Looks like the problem may be with the passport itself or perhaps it only works with slimport.

if it only works with slimport, why does it still work, but erratically?

I had a Slimport one. I threw it out in Hong Kong and replace it with a Asus miracast dongle.

Since you have the same issue using it on your passport, I'd venture out a guess that is not the adaptor but rather the passports ability to interface with a Slimport adaptor.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 11:10 PM
    How good is that dongle compared to the Netgear push2tv? I've been using the latter for a while now, and it's 50/50 with regards to consistent streaming. I would have to put the phone less than a meter away for it to work without getting frames dropped.

Posted via CB10
    The Asus is pretty good. Granted it's made to work seamless with Asus products, it worked awesome with my pp. The only thing is when one needs to update firmware, we need to do it thru a computer rather than wirelessly thru a Asus tablet if you had one. No biggie if you ask me.

I streamed movies to my hotel room TV and it was good.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 11:15 PM