I have a Keyone for my daily phone. Due to work, forced out of my Passport earlier than I'd like, necessary apps don't exist for bb10.

I still use the Passport as a mini wifi tablet.

Looking for a decent Slimport to HDMI cable/adapter, I notice they all have low reviews. Why is that? Is it that all the adapters suck or is it a slimport problem?

My choices are limited so it seems i'll still end up with one with low reviews.

If you use slimport, what are your thoughts?
    10-06-18 04:51 AM
    Hi. I've used the DeLock HDMI + VGA one during years on my Passport: never any problem. Moved to Key2 and no slimport... Aaaargh!
    10-06-18 07:06 AM
    Oftentimes bad reviews come when people buy the wrong item for them. Then it doesn't work and they blame the seller/manufacturer.

Micro USB to video output comes in different flavors. Passport uses Slimport MDP. Another standard is the MHL.

Make sure you got one that states MDP. I got one branded Insten. To be honest, I haven't experimented much with it yet. Maybe I'll have a chance to try to connect it to a projector during this weekend.
    10-06-18 07:35 AM
    Looking on ebay or amazon, just do a search for BlackBerry Passport (or leap, classic, z30, z3, etc, excluding the devices with a microHDMI port) MHL and you'll get tons of results.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    10-07-18 09:53 PM
    it was support OTG or HDMI mini port

 BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    10-11-18 03:17 AM