Today while taking a client out to show them a property, he let's out a loud shriek from the passenger seat causing me to immediately slam on the brakes thinking we were about to be T-boned just as we proceeded into the intersection.

After looking around and not see any cars barreling towards us, I look at him and he's picking up my BlackBerry Passport from the center console saying "Ooo this is a BlackBerry?, BlackBerry has a new phone!"

I said yes, and before giving him permission to check it out like I was going to do he says "Do you mind if I check it out?" Of course I said yes.

Long story short he's a huge die-hard BlackBerry fan always had them for work, said his last one was a Z.

It's funny the main thing he wanted was Angry Birds Epic. I showed him the three App Stores I have on my Passport and said I'm sure it's in one of those.

He looked it up using Snap, and yes let out another shriek.
    He asked where he could get one I explained I ordered mine from Shop BlackBerry.
    He said he didn't want to wait to have it shipped and that he wanted this one ( the Passport ) today. I told him to check the AT&T website, sure enough right then and there he looked it up on my phone and said they have it for In-Store pick up.

He's still looking at the property as I type this so hopefully the Passport won't be his only property purchase of the day.
    This post is condensed we actually went on and on about the phone and BlackBerry.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 -Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    Last edited by 93Aero; 04-22-15 at 02:21 PM.
    04-22-15 01:44 PM
    That's awesome.

I've gotten a surprising amount of positive remarks about mine, I think mostly because it's white and hard not to notice.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 01:50 PM
    Great story! Now he needs to join us on CrackBerry.
    04-22-15 01:54 PM
    I'm getting mine before the May 5th spring sale deadline but I think I'll be doing my own shrieking and forcing random people to look at my red BlackBerry, look! Look at it! Isn't it amazing?

Or maybe just leave it in plain sight like you did. I mostly commute so I'm sure people will notice it on the bus. I need to work on my demo spiel... can't wait.
    04-22-15 01:57 PM
    He said he didn't want to wait to have it shipped and that he wanted this one ( the Passport ) today.
    I thought you meant he wanted to buy it off of you for a premium price
    04-22-15 05:17 PM
    I thought you meant he wanted to buy it off of you for a premium price
    Haha... Money talks!

Hopefully you made the sale! (...of the property, not your Passport)

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-22-15 05:21 PM
    Blackberry passport rules end of

Posted via BBPP
    04-22-15 05:29 PM
    The passport is da sh*t. It's a big phone no matter what color it is. People r going to ask what the he'll is that. Followed by the line blackberry... I thought they went bankrupt
    04-22-15 05:38 PM
    I'm looking forward to the Passport 2. Hopefully with a more ergonomic 4-row keyboard, rounded corners, and lighter in weight.
    04-22-15 05:47 PM
    I want a 4th row, but not lighter in weight, it isn't that heavy to me, go to the gym if it's heavy . Anyways, with the structural problems big phones have, making them lighter doesn't seem smart because the alloy isn't getting proportionally better. Sure it might improve, but not by the amount of weight that is decreasing. They are just dumping things for softer/lighter materials which happen to be more pliable
    04-22-15 05:58 PM
    Uhmm please don't do that otherwise people think us CrackBerrians are weirdos.

I'm getting mine before the May 5th spring sale deadline but I think I'll be doing my own shrieking and forcing random people to look at my red BlackBerry, look! Look at it! Isn't it amazing?

Or maybe just leave it in plain sight like you did. I mostly commute so I'm sure people will notice it on the bus. I need to work on my demo spiel... can't wait.

To BB or not to BB?
    04-22-15 06:00 PM
    I've had mine 5 days and people are amazed when they see mine.

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7 likes this.
    04-22-15 06:03 PM
    I'm just wimpering because (a) I've never seen a Passport and (b) it's not available on the Verizon system. However, come the end of the year, that just might change....

Meanwhile I am quite content with my Z30. I had a similar experience at the hardware store, a guy couldn't believe that BB was still in business and I showed him the usual stuff ... keyboard, hub, Android runtime / Snap, good sound quality and excellent signal ... the last one got him. He looked at his iPhone something and he had no signal in the big metal building.

Let's just keep spreading the word !
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    04-22-15 06:15 PM
    Nice story,its always good to hear stories of people finding out about the passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 06:41 PM
    LOL, story of the day. Thanks for sharing and for being a positive Blackberry ambassador.
    04-22-15 11:03 PM
    Sounds like OP is in the wrong profession, sounds like you should be in mobile BB sales. You should be getting a commission for this sale...

"How about I pick you up at 2 and we can drive around while you check out my phone?"
    04-22-15 11:25 PM
    Not 4th row though I like this how it is. Four row you have classic
    04-23-15 04:23 AM
    Angry Birds Rio plays poorly. Do others play better on the passport? I get avlot of lag at just the wrong times and the upper right corner of the unit gets very hot.
    04-23-15 05:23 AM
    I've had mine 5 days and people are amazed when they see mine.

Posted via CB10
    "That's a really big phone"
    04-23-15 05:25 AM
    Not 4th row though I like this how it is. Four row you have classic
    It's such a departure from the traditional BlackBerry keyboard experience.
    04-23-15 08:02 AM
    Sweet! But, if 'he's a die hard BlackBerry fan', he would know about the Passport. Just sayin'! LoL

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:57 PM
    awesome!!!
    04-24-15 03:29 AM
    Great story! Now he needs to join us on CrackBerry.
    I'm not sure I can handle all the shrieking though.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-24-15 09:44 AM
    UU

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 11:19 AM
    Disregard the "UU" just playing with a passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 11:31 AM
26 12