Does anyone know if there is a native Slack app for BB10 other than S10? S10 is very very tempremental and doesn't work most of the time; refusing to load and needing to be reinstalled. The version in the Android app store doesn't work with the Passport (RT is too old I'm assuming) and I'd rather use something native if at all possible to preserve batter life. That said, if anyone knows where to find the correct APK version of Slack that would be appreciated.

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere.

Thanks.
    07-09-18 02:22 AM
    Slack requires at least Android 4.4 (KitKat). BB10 devices can only go up to 4.3 (Jellybean).
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    07-09-18 05:13 AM
    Older versions of the Android app might work but you won't get notifications on BB10.
    07-09-18 11:11 AM
    I'm keen to know the answer to the original post, so I'm bumping this thread.
    09-18-18 01:14 AM
    I'm keen to know the answer to the original post, so I'm bumping this thread.
    The answer hasn't changed. If anything it has become even less supported as newer features and support has been added to Slack while the Android Runtime on BlackBerry 10 has remained the same and will never see an upgrade..ever.
    09-18-18 01:27 AM
    I should have been clearer: does anyone know if there's an alternative to S10 (which isn't working for me either for whatever reason) AND sideloading Slack? :-)
    09-18-18 01:31 AM
    The answer is no. If you want Slack, you’ll need a supported device.
    09-18-18 06:28 AM
    I should have been clearer: does anyone know if there's an alternative to S10 (which isn't working for me either for whatever reason) AND sideloading Slack? :-)
    Android/IOS device. If you want BBAndroid style, your best choices now are KEYone line or Key2 line.
    09-18-18 06:33 AM
    Duly noted, thank you for your time!
    09-18-18 06:41 AM
    Duly noted, thank you for your time!
    Just noticed you’ve been on CB long time. It means you’ve been around for all three OS... Don’t be a stranger.........
    09-18-18 06:46 AM
    Oh I've been using BlackBerrys for as long as I can remember! And my main phone is the Key2. :-)

It just so happens I just got my hands on a Passport SE and was hoping I could use it as my professional phone... but Slack is a must and Cobalt is obliterating my battery beyond reason...

I'll keep playing around, hopefully I'll find a solution. BlackBerry/CrackBerry for life! :-)
    09-18-18 06:49 AM
    Oh I've been using BlackBerrys for as long as I can remember! And my main phone is the Key2. :-)

It just so happens I just got my hands on a Passport SE and was hoping I could use it as my professional phone... but Slack is a must and Cobalt is obliterating my battery beyond reason...

I'll keep playing around, hopefully I'll find a solution. BlackBerry/CrackBerry for life! :-)
    Best suggestion would be to use the Key2 as daily while experimenting with the SE. The last couple BB10 hardware I used (Z3 and Q5), I kept factory resetting hoping to get older version APKs to stick or third party attempts from Nemory and others. Eventually, I had to accept the 4.3 ART was too big a limitation FOR ME. I can use as secondary AKA dual carry device.
    09-18-18 07:29 AM
    Best suggestion would be to use the Key2 as daily while experimenting with the SE. The last couple BB10 hardware I used (Z3 and Q5), I kept factory resetting hoping to get older version APKs to stick or third party attempts from Nemory and others. Eventually, I had to accept the 4.3 ART was too big a limitation FOR ME. I can use as secondary AKA dual carry device.
    Unfortunately this will eventually happen to most of us, who are still sticking with BB10 devices (I still have a Passport SE as main device).
    09-18-18 09:11 AM