...but I am wavering! I am due an upgrade next month and currently have a Q10, which I love! It's my second BlackBerry and I love the whole experience and it just seems to be getting better.

Now, the size is making me waver, although, have made a cut-out and I am getting used to it. Is it too big, or just perfect? My husband laughs at it but is always mocking BlackBerry, how different it is. I like different!

Help! Thanks :-)

Helen

Posted via CB10
    HesSoStrange likes this.
    06-26-15 12:36 PM
    Recently a slew of my friends have been inquiring about my Passport... All of them said 'It's huge! How can it fit in your pocket?'. Every single one of them said, after holding it and playing with it that it feels great and its' not as big as everything thought...

For me, it's perfect. Every user I know, big and small, male and female, all of them end up loving the size (so far.
    HesSoStrange likes this.
    06-26-15 12:43 PM
    Go to a store and test it. Only you can decide for yourself.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    HesSoStrange likes this.
    06-26-15 01:04 PM
    It's tough for me at time since I get a ton of phone calls it doesn't feel natural. But the performance out weights the size issue for me. The classic is the right size and shape but totally lacks the passports power and features I use.

Posted via CB10
    HesSoStrange likes this.
    06-26-15 01:04 PM
    You will get use to the size. I love mine.

Posted via Passport
    HesSoStrange likes this.
    06-26-15 01:08 PM
    That's what she said...

Sorry, easy one, back to be a serious person

You will get use to the size. I love mine.

Posted via Passport

Posted via CB10
    tryfe likes this.
    06-26-15 01:11 PM
    Size was my biggest concern before buying the passport. Now that I've been using it for two weeks, I don't mind the size much at all. The only time I really notice it being a problem is trying to type one-handed (I've got big enough hands to just about get it done, but not without difficulty, and certainly not for anything more than just a short text.) Disclaimer to this is that I am a holster guy...always have been and always will be. I wore all my cellphones on my belt, and use wired headsets (bose) for making calls and listening to music. Maybe if I was a pocket guy, I'd notice the passport size more. As it is, I don't notice it much, and I'm really happy I upgraded from my Q10.
    06-26-15 01:11 PM
    You should be more concerned about the screen lifting and double typing issues that may occur after a few months.

Posted via C5303
    06-26-15 01:12 PM
    I bought it to be a tablet replacement/cool toy.

I said it was too big for me to use as an everyday phone and I was sticking to my Z10.

I opened the box. Tore off the screen protector. Popped in a fresh SIM....

The Z10 is now a nice Candy Crush player. Not sure where my Nexus 7 is.

It's a big phone but it's a beautiful and unique phone. You adjust because you don't want to put it down. Like ever.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze and HesSoStrange like this.
    06-26-15 01:15 PM
    Went from the Q to the Passport. Took me about two weeks to get use to the size. I could never go back to the Q now. The Passport is the best phone I have ever had.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 01:15 PM
    I've looked in a few shops and no sign of the passport :-( I don't know anyone else who has a blackberry, they all have the same lookilikey phones. I'm not sure why the negativity towards BlackBerry from friends but I'm proud to be a BlackBerry user.

Thing I might have to take the plunge!

Thanks all! I knew I could rely on the Crackberry community!

Helen

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 01:30 PM
    ...but I am wavering! I am due an upgrade next month and currently have a Q10, which I love! It's my second BlackBerry and I love the whole experience and it just seems to be getting better.

Now, the size is making me waver, although, have made a cut-out and I am getting used to it. Is it too big, or just perfect? My husband laughs at it but is always mocking BlackBerry, how different it is. I like different!

Help! Thanks :-)

Helen

Posted via CB10
    Upgrade to Passport and a new husband?

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-26-15 01:39 PM
    Recently a slew of my friends have been inquiring about my Passport... All of them said 'It's huge! How can it fit in your pocket?'. Every single one of them said, after holding it and playing with it that it feels great and its' not as big as everything thought...

For me, it's perfect. Every user I know, big and small, male and female, all of them end up loving the size (so far.
    Only my opinion, but it is the perfect size for a shirt, scrubs, jacket, pants pocket.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 01:40 PM
    My opinion is never try it at shops or for avery short time and judge it. Make use of shopbb 30 days return scheme or amazons 14 days return policy. Take this time. Play with the phone at the maximum. And make a judgement. I havnt own one. But I would like to if slider is not worth it. And I had tried playing with it for short time at shops and to be frank, I am still worried about the size. Bt so many comments from my friends and cb users made me decided to try it longer. So I would advise u the same.
    And obviously, it differs for everybody. Some may like it, some may not. So always decide it urself. Dont let ur husband or any passport users make decision for u !!

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204
    06-26-15 01:52 PM
    I have relatively small hands. I switched from the Q10 to the Passport, and while the size took some time to get used to, it's been well worth it. The screen is huge and gorgeous, great for writing/editing text and viewing websites. While I do miss how easy it was to fit the Q10 in my hand and pocket, I'm content with the Passport for its better functionality.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    HesSoStrange likes this.
    06-26-15 05:37 PM
    Really, I haven't heard the size discussed before.

Via Passport 
    06-26-15 05:38 PM
    I was worried about the size also but I've been using it for 5 or 6 months now and LOVE it. It fits in the pocket or anywhere else.

Get it. You won't have any regrets !!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 05:40 PM
    Passport size is, either you are going to love it or hate it...

If you love it, Passport is your device... If you don't, it ain't for you then, regardless of its other features and advantages over other devices...

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 06:03 PM
    I was concerned about the size, but I went ahead and ordered it when it was released...I really loved it, and got used to the size - for awhile. After a few months, the novelty wore off and I started to become annoyed with the size, many times wishing I had a smaller phone to use while I was out casually. I finally bought a Sony Z3 Compact to take on vacation with me, and when I returned, I just didn't feel I could go back to that giant...so I'm selling it, and I now have a Galaxy S6. I love the BB10 platform, I love the power of the Passport, but I just couldn't hang with the size in the end...and I have to admit, I'm enjoying the app flexibility of a flagship Android device. If they come out with a BB flagship the size of the GS6, I'll be back in a heartbeat...but otherwise, I'm waiting patiently for the BlackBerry Experience Suite to become available.
    06-26-15 06:18 PM
    I really like the size of q10 or classic, but passport performance can't be replaced. I wish BlackBerry consider making high end spec'ed small device.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-26-15 06:30 PM
    OP, at first you will wonder if you made the right decision. The keyboard takes getting used to, apps will be annoying the first time open them, and other things will make you wonder just why in the hell you decided to buy this phone.

If you stick with it, however, the phone turns into a fantastic, we'll built machine in your mind. You will fly through messages, you will love the scrolling with the keyboard instead of touching the screen.

In all seriousness it's an incredible phone that you will get used to in no time. I love it and have been using it as my daily driver for well over a month now.

Posted via my awesome Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.680 with T-Mobile Unlimited Data
    06-26-15 07:32 PM
    When i first had it, it was big. After a while, you get used to the size, it'll even feel normal once you're used to it. Downside, doesn't feel good in the pockets.
    06-26-15 08:53 PM
    Truth be told, the size (and weight) is still a concern for me. Pretty much the only concern really. I usually put my phone in my breast pocket and the weight of it sometimes does bother me.

Additionally it's nearly impossible to type one-handed and I so wish I could sometimes. It would really help productivity if I could send an email/txt/bbm one-handed on the go.

But yeah the screen real estate is great for reading and websites.
    06-26-15 09:25 PM
    Truth be told, the size (and weight) is still a concern for me. Pretty much the only concern really. I usually put my phone in my breast pocket and the weight of it sometimes does bother me.

Additionally it's nearly impossible to type one-handed and I so wish I could sometimes. It would really help productivity if I could send an email/txt/bbm one-handed on the go.

But yeah the screen real estate is great for reading and websites.
    That is one gripe that I do have with the phone. One handed use is pretty much non-existent.

Posted via my awesome Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.680 with T-Mobile Unlimited Data
    06-26-15 10:09 PM
    Speakerphone is amaze on the Passport when using that feature. If looking at it as a computer, it's not too big

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 10:59 PM
47 12