I thought it'd be nice to collect a list of simple commands BlackBerry Assistant doesn't understand in case any devs are reading the forums for suggestions.

Here's one I just needed:

- Set a timer for x minutes

Your turn

Posted on my Passport
    10-15-14 08:45 PM
    'read screen'

Rabbi said, "PassPork." Filipino said, "Passfork."
    10-16-14 12:43 AM
    There needs to be option to 'read and learn' where user reads as BlackBerry listens to learn and remember how we talk and pronounce words. Similar to how Dragon NaturallySpeaking works.

Rabbi said, "PassPork." Filipino said, "Passfork."
    10-16-14 12:46 AM
    I'd like to be able to change the sound profile with commands like,

"Mute phone for one hour"

"Set phone to vibrate from 3 to 5:30."

And so on. And if I only say, "Mute phone", BA should ask me "For how long do you want to mute the phone?" I should be able to answer "Two hours", which would start immediately, or "From 3 to 5:30".

And of course, the AI should be robust enough to handle either "Mute phone" or "Silence phone" or "Set phone to mute" or "Set phone to silent" or even just "Mute", "Silent", etc.

As of now, I used the bQuiet app to silence the phone for a specific period of time, and it works very well, but it seems like something BA should be able to handle. Another thing I find myself doing is using BA's ability to create calendar entries as a workaround, since I have Meeting Mode enabled. So, on the way to a movie, I'll say "Create event", then BA will ask me the subject of my event and I'll say "Movie" and give the duration. Meeting Mode will then silence the phone at the start of the time and reset it to Normal at the end. This works well, but of course it leaves lots of junk in the calendar. I don't really need a record there of every movie or other occasion for temporarily silencing my phone. Granted, this junk is all in the past, but sometimes I need to check my calendar for things that have already happened, and it helps not to have it cluttered with junk. I can delete this stuff myself, of course, but it seems to me that the best solution is for BA to be able to handle temporary sound profile changes on its own.

Good thread idea.
    ATMJOE likes this.
    10-18-14 02:43 PM