Q10 takes a micro Sim card ( I'm with AT&T bought out contract ) and Passport has a nano SIM card. Was this an an issue for anyone? If. So how did you solve it?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 10:11 PM
    Buy a nano sim to micro sim adaptor.

Make sure you don't slide the empty adaptor into the Q10

Posted via CB10
    eryanc likes this.
    12-01-14 10:15 PM
    Just go to your wireless carrier's store and ask for a nano sim. They will probably charge you around $10.
    12-01-14 10:16 PM
    I did this:

I called T-Mobile and told them that I was in a store, and the rep told me that the only way I could avoid paying the $10 for a nano sim was if I called 611 and my account was notated.... So they notated my account that the $10 fee was to be waived.

I went into a T-Mobile store and with my Z30 and new Passport in-hand, I told the guy I needed a nano sim, and that my account had been notated... he pulled it up on his computer, and got me out a brand new nano sim which I put in my Passport, and my micro sim has been deactivated and is actually still in my Z30.

I got a free nano sim. Try it. The worst is that they say no.
    eryanc and j21jam6 like this.
    Or spend ten bucks for a new sim.
    Or spend ten bucks for a new sim.
    I'm not about to give T-Mobile, of all companies, any more money than I have to.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    12-01-14 10:18 PM
    Buy a nano sim to micro sim adaptor.

Make sure you don't slide the empty adaptor into the Q10

Posted via CB10
    He's going from a Q10 to Passport, so the adapter won't do much good since it doesn't shrink the sim...?
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-01-14 10:19 PM
    I'm not about to give T-Mobile, of all companies, any more money than I have to.
    Lol then join the stuck sim and broken readers crowd.
    12-01-14 10:20 PM
    Lmao then give more money and buy a sim adapter, makes sense to me.
    12-01-14 10:20 PM
    Buy the sim and go to your online account tool and migrate your plan to the new sim. You can migrate back to the micro sim as many times as needed or get a nano to micro sleeve, use nano for both devices and toss the micro.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 10:30 PM
    Lol then join the stuck sim and broken readers crowd.
    What? I got a free nano sim from T-Mobile... fits great in my Passport & the adapter I got from Amazon for when I use my Z30.

Lmao then give more money and buy a sim adapter, makes sense to me.
    I got a sim adapter on Amazon for less than $6. Amazon, you know, that company that partners with and supports BlackBerry....
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-01-14 10:31 PM
    Just walked into an o2 store and got a nano sim card.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 10:32 PM
    What? I got a free nano sim from T-Mobile... fits great in my Passport & the adapter I got from Amazon for when I use my Z30.
    Sorry, though you were OP.
    12-01-14 10:45 PM
    If you go to a corp att store they'll give you a nano sim for free. It's what I did.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-01-14 10:48 PM
    Q10 takes a micro Sim card ( I'm with AT&T bought out contract ) and Passport has a nano SIM card. Was this an an issue for anyone? If. So how did you solve it?

Posted via CB10
    Whatever you do please don't cut your old card no matter how tempting that is.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-01-14 11:10 PM
    If you go to a corp att store they'll give you a nano sim for free. It's what I did.
    Were you in contract or out? Not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks for the feedback.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 11:50 PM

I got a sim adapter on Amazon for less than $6. Amazon, you know, that company that partners with and supports BlackBerry....
    Swap between the PP and the Z30 a few times with the sim card adapter and you'll soon find out the hard way that the phones will start giving sim card error messages and won't work anymore LOL - I think it has something to do with the thickness of the sim card adapters on the Z and the PP just plain has a shi**y sim card reader. Have had that happen twice on the Z30 and once on the PP and this is with one of those expensive European sim card adapters
    SK122387 likes this.
    12-02-14 01:47 AM
    I wouldn't use those adapters, there are so many reports across all brands of devices stating how such an adapter killed the sim-card tray. In most cases this isn't even covered by warranty and you're sitting on a useless phone. Better try to get a plan which allows multiple cards for one contract. For example I am allowed to have two sims on my contract, so I have a micro one for the Q and a nano one for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 02:27 AM
    Whatever you do please don't cut your old card no matter how tempting that is.
    I cut mine and it fits perfectly with zero issues- though I also used a template, cut slow, and kept testing while very gently inserting it slightly until I got the right thickness.

Straight outta CB10
    tatail likes this.
    12-02-14 03:03 AM
    I have a Q10 and today I received my passport..
    My fix is take out those scissors from the drawer and start putting it to use...
    12-02-14 04:01 AM
    I wouldn't use those adapters, there are so many reports across all brands of devices stating how such an adapter killed the sim-card tray. In most cases this isn't even covered by warranty and you're sitting on a useless phone. Better try to get a plan which allows multiple cards for one contract. For example I am allowed to have two sims on my contract, so I have a micro one for the Q and a nano one for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    That sort of thing is illegal in the United States if I am not mistaken.
    Couple of years ago I called T-Mobile and asked them about and they were like it is illegal.
    12-02-14 04:03 AM
    I was also surprise when I got my passport that it required a nanosim ( just like I was surprise that I need a microsim for my Q10). I could't wait to use my Passpoert so I dowload a microsim to nonosim template. Printed it out and just cut. Worked for me
    12-02-14 04:24 AM
    i did it via the carrier shop route myself - 3uk were very helpful at the 3 store, just gave me a new sim package, and told me who to call/what page on their site to transfer over. was all sorted out in about 15 minutes when i got home.
    12-02-14 04:41 AM
    Were you in contract or out? Not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks for the feedback.

Posted via CB10
    I've done it for 2 lines, one was in contract and the other out of contract.
    12-02-14 06:11 AM