THE SIM CARD IS FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE

Suddenly I'm getting this error today and have no 3/4G signal. I have rebooted several times and tried to follow the instructions as follows

1. On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
    2. Tap The Settings icon Settings > Networks and Connections > Mobile Network.
    3. If the Mobile Network or Data Services switches are off, turn them on.
    4. Tap The Settings icon.
    5. Complete the fields. If you don't have the required information, contact your service provider.

the problem is when I get to option 4 there is no settings icon that I can see or nowhere to enter the APN settings!!!

What am I missing here? I've entered APN settings for Android, Windows and iPhones never a problem but can see no place for the APN settings under Networks and Connections. When I access the quick access menu the mobile network is active but when I try to toggle it nothing happens!!
    Last edited by GusGF; 08-04-15 at 04:18 PM.
    08-04-15 03:58 PM
    If you just started getting it today and have had it working before, have you checked the SIM in a different device to see if it's still working 100% correctly?
    08-04-15 04:34 PM
    Will try this but don't have anything to hand atm.

My Passport in on version 10.3.1.1779 when I check for an update it comes back saying OS is up to date! Well it's not as we all know more recent versions are available so why can't my phone recognise this?
    08-04-15 04:41 PM
    Yes managed to go to a Three UK mobile phone shop and my sim worked on their shop phone. I'm with Vodafone UK and I also tried a someone elses verified working sim in my passport and sim was not being recognised. So either my phone has mysteriously become locked or there is another problem.

I would love other peoples input on this please.
    08-06-15 05:01 AM
    Just ran a checkmend query on my phone to find out that my Passport which I purchased on Ebay was still under finance with somebody else. I contacted Paypal and even though the sale occurred 2 months ago they have raised a dispute for me and blocked the money from the sellers paypal account.

Moral of the story is if you ever buy a mobile phone on ebay always check the IMEI asap, at least don't wait as long as I did.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    08-06-15 06:18 AM
    Yes managed to go to a Three UK mobile phone shop and my sim worked on their shop phone. I'm with Vodafone UK and I also tried a someone elses verified working sim in my passport and sim was not being recognised. So either my phone has mysteriously become locked or there is another problem.

I would love other peoples input on this please.
    Did you drop your phone? Sim tray may be damaged or malfunctioned!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2226 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-06-15 07:54 AM
    Did you see my last email. I suspect as it was still under finance with someone else it became locked hence my problems.
    08-06-15 10:06 AM
    Did you see my last email. I suspect as it was still under finance with someone else it became locked hence my problems.
    Dang! Something similar happened to me. I bought an ATT Passport from Ebay that worked fine. But when I tried to get it unlocked, I was told that it was tied to a business account and I'd need their info to unlock it. Not one to take a chance, I contacted the seller and sold it (he got the phone from his work and sold it!). Lesson learned.

On a good note, my Silver Addition Passport will be here today. Woot Woot!

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    08-06-15 10:18 AM
    Just ran a checkmend query on my phone to find out that my Passport which I purchased on Ebay was still under finance with somebody else. I contacted Paypal and even though the sale occurred 2 months ago they have raised a dispute for me and blocked the money from the sellers paypal account.

Moral of the story is if you ever buy a mobile phone on ebay always check the IMEI asap, at least don't wait as long as I did.
    Sorry to hear your hassles but thanks for sharing that site. Pretty handy!
    08-07-15 12:03 AM
    You're welcome
    08-09-15 09:07 AM