Unfortunately, as a crazy BlackBerry fan, my credit card will likely have the Silver Passport on it by the end of the day anyway but was hoping they'd at least add the wireless charging from the AT&T Passport. I don't think anything else changed spec-wise and while I've had zero issues with my black and red Passports, this one looks better built. Anyone know about the wireless charging?

There's a slight chance I'll hold off if the logical side of my brain prevails. Waited for the Blue Classic, but just couldn't justify it. Love love love the Passport though :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 09:26 AM
    No mention of it it seems. But wireless charging is useless anyway, I can't imagine how long it would take to charge a passport battery.
    08-04-15 09:41 AM
    No mention of it it seems. But wireless charging is useless anyway, I can't imagine how long it would take to charge a passport battery.
    I really don't care for it much, but just ordered a car and it has wireless charging where you would throw the phone down anyway so kinda thinking ahead.

Really don't need another Passport and I think this would put me at or over my BlackBerry Protect limit of devices. Really love it though and would rather get it while brand new... but just looked at my credit cards online and not looking too good lol.

Re-looked at the shopblackberry site and nothing there. Would have been nice to have since I never charge my phones in the car with a wire anyway. Easier to just drop it in the center console and wouldn't hurt if it charged at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 09:50 AM
    Wireless charging is not useless. Being able to throw your phone on a wireless charging pad before going to bed is pretty damn convenient. Not necessary but nice to have.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    08-04-15 10:13 AM
    Was going to post the same question! Who's got the answer?
    08-04-15 12:19 PM
    In my opinion when it comes to wireless charging -

It is great in theory but not so much in practical use. Many of us use our devices when it's charging. I'm not a battery expert but I can assume that the stress of constantly picking up your phone off the charger only to put it back down to charge is not beneficial for your overall battery life.

Great for marketing and bringing buzz to technology.
    08-04-15 12:27 PM
    Since the Silver Edition is said to have the same specs as the original Passport, I'm going to assume that this one does not feature wireless charging. So far only the AT&T variants have had wireless charging built in.
    08-04-15 12:43 PM

It is great in theory but not so much in practical use. Many of us use our devices when it's charging. I'm not a battery expert but I can assume that the stress of constantly picking up your phone off the charger only to put it back down to charge is not beneficial for your overall battery life.

I mostly agree. As someone else said, guess it's good to throw on at night to charge since the Passport lasts a full day for 99% of us.

The only reason I asked is because the car I have coming has a wireless charging pad where I'd throw the phone down anyway so in that case it would work for me as well. I'm not buying any wireless charging stuff, but it's there and I don't use my phone in the car anyway so would be cool. I'm sure I'd get some charge on my longer than normal commute to work and back. Really don't even need it though as the battery lasts so long.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that the Silver Edition does NOT have wireless charging... just the AT&T Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 01:57 PM

I think it's useful for the Passport and can actually extend battery health if used correctly. As I mentioned, the battery on the Passport will last most of us a full day so placing it on a wireless charging pad at night would charge slower with less heat... both extending battery health.

I agree that it would not be beneficial to keep picking up and putting down again. The Passport lasts me all day and doesn't need a charge until I go to sleep, but for wireless charging in general that would vary depending on usage and device.

Definitely agree it's a bit gimmicky now, but think wireless charging will improve pretty fast.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 02:02 PM

In my opinion, it would work wonders with people who have a desk job and run blackberry blend all day, easy to charge and to pick up without the hassle. There's always ups and downs to everything, it's just how you view and what is beneficial.
    08-04-15 02:19 PM
    Wireless charging haters are on every phone's forum that features it.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    08-05-15 04:08 PM
    Wireless charging is holding me back from buying the Silver......the att version addressed everything for me.
    vara4111 likes this.
    08-05-15 09:01 PM
    No wireless charging.. too bad!
    08-05-15 10:54 PM
    Yea, I have wireless charging on a Samsung S6 Edge. Was awesome at first but a bit too slow. Good to top off a bit. But it would take a damn long time to charge a PP. Still would be cool.
    08-06-15 12:15 AM
    I have wireless charging on my Classic and LOVE it! I bought the Duracell charging mat and micro usb adapter from a AT&T store for my OG Passport and it works perfectly. Works as some Starbucks as well.

I'm still debating on selling the OG Black and buying Red or Silver Edition or wait for the Slider. decisions, decision.....
    08-06-15 04:06 AM
    I have wireless charging on my Classic and LOVE it! I bought the Duracell charging mat and micro usb adapter from a AT&T store for my OG Passport and it works perfectly. Works as some Starbucks as well.

I'm still debating on selling the OG Black and buying Red or Silver Edition or wait for the Slider. decisions, decision.....
    I though only the AT&T passport had wireless charging?

�The great BERRY will rise in the west, then be re-born in the east �
    08-06-15 05:48 AM
    I though only the AT&T passport had wireless charging?

•The great BERRY will rise in the west, then be re-born in the east •
    Correct, Only the AT&T Passport has wireless charging built in, but you can buy the Duracell Powermat and micro usb ring adapter to make it work. I bought mine at AT&T. Charging pad was $25 and micro usb ring adapter was $15.
    08-25-15 03:14 AM
    Correct, Only the AT&T Passport has wireless charging built in, but you can buy the Duracell Powermat and micro usb ring adapter to make it work. I bought mine at AT&T. Charging pad was $25 and micro usb ring adapter was $15.
    old hack but you could do something like this
    Super Simple 5 minutes Wireless Charging Mod… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III | XDA Forums
    08-25-15 06:06 AM
    wireless charging works great on bb10 phones, I bought a cheap $10 adapter for my square Passport, and it charges pretty fast!!!
    08-25-15 12:04 PM
    I would love to have wireless charging. That should be a default feature by now on all devices.

Posted via CB10
    vara4111 likes this.
    08-25-15 06:53 PM
    08-25-15 07:29 PM
    Lack of QI charging is the only thing that's kept me from replacing my White Passport with a Silver Edition. It's a bit of a disappointment really.
    vara4111 likes this.
    08-25-15 08:12 PM

I can't speak for everyone, but I had an SG5 with wireless charging and it was awesome (the charging aspect anyway). It didn't matter that it took longer, I put the phone down on a mat when I wasn't using it, or even when I was on a call and it was always near fully charged. I just never had to ever think about charging.... that is the point. I love my passport, but I miss wireless charging every time I have to plug in my device. I now have to think about charging again. Not cool blackberry
    08-31-15 03:57 PM
    These days i think most people value rapid charging over wireless charging, especially since wireless charging can't do anything close to rapid charging...
    08-31-15 04:22 PM
    I normally only have to charge my Passport overnight, as my battery is a beast, I go to sleep around 11pm maybe at 40%, wake up at 4am fully charged.
    This is with the square Passport, using the wireless adapter module
    08-31-15 07:21 PM
30 12