Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone else is having troubles with the keyboard's back light not always coming on when in dim or dark areas? I just got the silver passport about a 10 days and have had this happen about 3 or 4 times already. A simple reboot takes care of the problem but obviously not a permanent fix. I'm not sure if it is hardware or software, but it appears to be software at the moment. I just want to make sure nothing is wrong before the 30 days expires to send it back to Amazon for an exchange if it need to go back.
    Oh, the battery life has improved but it took 5 days for the latest leak to settle in; that is the longest time I've ever seen as usually 2 days and it is good. But the battery life is still not as good as the OG Passport on 10.3.1.xxxxx.
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 12:14 AM
    I noticed this last night but thought maybe it was part of battery saver mode since it was below 10%. I put it on charge and even after exiting BSM with 20%+ charge, the keyboard lights didn't come back on. Hit the power key and tapped on restart and it was fine after the reboot.
    Honestly, don't know exactly what triggered this but it's the first time since I got the phone.

'Love your curves and all your edges, All your perfect imperfections' BBPPSE
    09-13-15 01:15 AM
    When this happens intermittently during the same time period for multiple users it is usually caused by some anomaly in the blackberry NOC where sensor calibration data is stored. It usually will dissapear within a day or so.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    09-13-15 01:47 AM
    Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone else is having troubles with the keyboard's back light not always coming on when in dim or dark areas? I just got the silver passport about a 10 days and have had this happen about 3 or 4 times already. A simple reboot takes care of the problem but obviously not a permanent fix. I'm not sure if it is hardware or software, but it appears to be software at the moment. I just want to make sure nothing is wrong before the 30 days expires to send it back to Amazon for an exchange if it need to go back.
    Oh, the battery life has improved but it took 5 days for the latest leak to settle in; that is the longest time I've ever seen as usually 2 days and it is good. But the battery life is still not as good as the OG Passport on 10.3.1.xxxxx.
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Hi,

Which os on your passport?

Send via CB10 by BlackBerry Passport
    09-13-15 02:13 AM
    I'm on the latest OS leak which I believe is 10.3.2.2639. I'm trying figure out if I did something that triggered it too, but can't recall anything at the moment. Let's see if others are having this issue too. Thanks for chiming in.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 05:14 AM
    It's not you. It's blackberry's server. The server stores data that your hardware sensors use to calibrate themselves. Occasionally certain areas can experience connectivity issues to this calibration data which makes their hardware sensors seem to be going haywire for a short period of time then everything returns back to normal.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    09-13-15 09:02 AM