Pretty sure that's not the case, the frets are part of the keyboard assembly. Even if they were part of the frame, they're so thin they'd likely add zero structural support to the phone.
    Any structural support is better than none (which is the case with the current model. Oh well, this still looks like it will hold up better.

Well look at this. Sure looks as though those frets are fully connected to the whole chin assembly. All one piece. Maybe not structural, but it's definitely not the same old. More like a Q5.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 02:40 PM
    really disappointed that the "Dallas" turned out to be this. what's next, a pink Passport? Let me the guess the codename: San Francisco.
    08-02-15 02:40 PM
    I have brain-gasms when I think about a Z30 Silver Edition!

Posted via CB10
    isn't the black Z30 essentially silver? just replace the black battery cover and you're set.
    08-02-15 02:42 PM
    Should be announced this week.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 02:56 PM
    I wish they showed some pics,lol
    08-02-15 03:01 PM
    isn't the black Z30 essentially silver? just replace the black battery cover and you're set.
    It's not metal, it's a cheap plastic painted gray

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 04:22 PM
    Will probably get this;

1) so I can have a new phone

2) so I can finally have a passport which can focus everytime (hopefully)

Check Out TechCraze
    08-02-15 05:08 PM
    People complaining about twisting must have never owned a smartphone over 4.5 inches or something...
    All smartphones I've had have had some twist, most noticeable was my z30. Oddly enough the passport is so far the most solid as far as twisting goes.
    bp2k7 likes this.
    08-02-15 05:25 PM
    If it's aluminum and rounder. To me that be a good fit in my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 05:26 PM
    URL path for images says forbidden, so there is folder on server for blackberry-passport-silver-edition, no images uploaded yet :/
    http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...tion/overview/
    08-02-15 06:47 PM
    It's not metal, it's a cheap plastic painted gray

Posted via CB10
    so you have inside knowledge that this PP will be metal? 0.o
    08-02-15 06:57 PM
    so you have inside knowledge that this PP will be metal? 0.o
    If you look hard enough you will find a slide from BlackBerry that says that the frame is made from Stainless Steel.
    08-02-15 07:34 PM
    If you look hard enough you will find a slide from BlackBerry that says that the frame is made from Stainless Steel.
    Which slides?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 07:48 PM
    It really pisses me off they'd do this. I just bought the regular one and now there's a new one out. I like how it looks and I want it instead of my original. Lame move.
    isn't this the sheep mentality that some here try to pin to the "other guys", buying everything Blackberry is releasing even if it is exactly the same of what you already have?
    08-02-15 08:34 PM
    Hmmm.... anyone have any idea about what the re-vamped camera specs are?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 08:48 PM
    Passport Black+Passport White+Passport Red = M�nage � trois
    Passport Silver = Classic Passport and AT&T Passport offspring ???
    08-02-15 10:01 PM
    Having just gotten my AT&T Passport not long ago, I'm not too concerned about upgrading it already. However, I do hope the geometry of the unlocked Silver mirrors the AT&T model, because I am DYING for some decent cases/accessories over here...

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    08-03-15 02:34 AM
    Hmmm.... anyone have any idea about what the re-vamped camera specs are?

Posted via CB10
    You really believe they are re-vamped? lol.
    bp2k7, dejanh, LazyEvul and 1 others like this.
    08-03-15 04:15 AM
    Probably nothing more than a small tweak. I would like too see the touch screen feature come back to take pictures again.

 BlackBerry10 is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
    08-03-15 04:49 AM
    for me i'm just waiting for a PROPER camera app for my Passport. i meant, come on..

- 13 MP shooter
    - f/2.0
    - 6 DoF
    - clear blackside illumination
    - OIS

what else is wrong with it? the camera app needs a major tweak! at least it should be able to have these:
    - EV
    - WB
    - digital focus
    - ISO settings
    - more scene settings
    - aperture angle settings
    - more sensitive low light shooting capability

if BBRY could come up with the above for the new camera app for Passport, i'll be VERY HAPPY!
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    08-03-15 04:49 AM
    At least apple and Samsung have quite a predictable release date strategy. BlackBerry 's is just confusion. You can't do well in devices unless you get the entire strategy right.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh and deptech like this.
    08-03-15 05:03 AM
    It really pisses me off they'd do this. I just bought the regular one and now there's a new one out. I like how it looks and I want it instead of my original. Lame move.
    Well I'd like to see new phones in all the upcoming "colors" right from the start. And that worldwide...

It's really lame otherwise. One buys a phone and some months later they release a new color....
    08-03-15 05:58 AM
    The story that makes the most sense to me is that the Silver Edition design was originally supposed to be part of a new device, the Passport sequel. That project was cancelled but the cost of making a standard Passport with the new design justified doing it.

It may be that this is the T-Mobile Passport that Chen mentioned during the last earnings call. BlackBerry has a history of making carrier-specific designs. It could be that this was always intended to be for T-mobile.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 06:20 AM
    So exciting! It looks great. My pp has given me a solid six months but i reckon she'll forgive me for trading colours. Any $$ idea?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 06:34 AM
    So exciting! It looks great. My pp has given me a solid six months but i reckon she'll forgive me for trading colours. Any $$ idea?

Posted via CB10
    The price is a bit above the regular passport because of the material that's what I heard

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    08-03-15 06:35 AM
103 1234 ...