08-21-15 11:39 AM
62 123
tools
    I just talked to Digital River. They say that the Passport Silver is in stock and should be shipping within a normal timeframe. The rep wouldn't go into detail, but I take it to mean there will be no delay to a minimal delay due to order volume.

So good news. Hopefully we'll see shipments go out tonight or tomorrow.

---

Oh and the reason for my concern was the ending of the official ShopCrackBerry video on youtube.

Posted via CB10
    I ordered mine today and the rep on the phone said it wouldn't ship until August 10th.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 04:12 PM
    Sorry to hear that. I ordered yesterday and it shipped out today. It's due for delivery on Monday, although I'm hoping that Fedex will deliver it tomorrow. Looking forward to my new baby. I love the new look!
    08-06-15 04:51 PM
    Is there a release to italian network?

Posted via CB10
    I thought that BlackBerry is doing direct sales only, rather than carrier subsidized ones. If this is correct, you would buy from a direct retailer like Amazon.com and not from a carrier. The GSM bands offered should work with most carriers; check against the band's your preferred carrier uses where you live and work.

Posted on my Passport to the future
    08-06-15 04:55 PM
    FedEx had my "scheduled delivery" showing for today, but with no FedEx in sight as of 6:40pm, I'm giving up hope and looking at tomorrow. Ugh!!!

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    08-06-15 05:40 PM
    Almost 24hrs now, still no confirmation or shipping details, called digital river and they said i will receive both e-mails together plus there is no stock issue at the moment.
    08-06-15 10:06 PM
    Ordered august 5th.
    ETA via FedEx is Aug 9
    Texas here

Posted via CB10 using a white Passport, from Texas
    08-06-15 10:57 PM
    Ordered mine at 10AM Pacific time today. Got order confirmation after a few minutes but still waiting for the shipment confirmation.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    08-07-15 02:42 AM
    Well, well, well. Had a FedEx delivery date of yesterday, but it didn't show up. Checked the tracking again this morning and it showed "no delivery date scheduled". Called shopblackberry and was first told that it would be shipped Monday. Explained to her that it's already been shipped. After putting me on hold for 5 minutes, she came back and said it would be delivered on Monday. When she apologized, I told her it was my fault. It's my fault for ordering from shopblackberry in the first place and I should have waited 2 days for Amazon to offer it.

Sigh. After past experiences with shopblackberry, I should have learned my lesson....ugh.

Jakobroxx likes this.
    08-07-15 03:22 PM
    Ordered mine around noon-thirty PST yesterday (August 6th) and got a confirmation about 30 minutes later. Card was charged immediately. Ordered from the blackberry site (I've never done that) and saw it was Digital River, and I got scared. But some were saying they've been better this time around.

I can't look up my order, though- they want the order # and a password (i didn't set no password!) or the order number and the last digs of my CC (I paid through paypal...a safety zone buffer I guess) so...I've tried everything but I suppose I gotta wait for the shipping notice.
    08-07-15 06:11 PM
    I just ordered one from Amazon. It will be here Monday, guaranteed.
    08-07-15 06:49 PM
    Ordered Tuesday morning and received it this morning

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    08-07-15 09:28 PM
    I ordered it Tuesday, immediate CC charge, and then couldn't find order online at ShopBB. Called DR Thursday and they said order was in process, no other info. Called again today, Friday, same answer, so I said to cancel the order. DR said they'd try but probably too late to cancel. After reading some comments about defects in the SE, I decided to forget about the SE altogether, but then I changed my mind and decided to try it.

I'm going away early next week, so today I ordered it Next Day Delivery from Amazon (no free accessories package), and I'll get it tomorrow, Saturday. Then tonight I got an email from DR with a FedEx tracking number, scheduled delivery Tuesday, signature required. That's a full week after order, not the two days promised.

Bottom line, I'll have two Silver Passports, one opened from Amazon, one unopened from DR with free accessories that I'll get when I return from my trip. If there's a problem with the Amazon phone, I'll have no hesitation about returning it. If no problem, I've got the ethical dilemma of whether to take the DR phone so I can keep the accessories, and return the Amazon phone, slightly used, which Amazon will let me do if I pay the shipping ($5). I don't normally do that sort of thing, although in this case the loss will likely be Blackberry's and not Amazon's, especially if there's the slightest defect in the Amazon BB--I think of it as the just punishment of BlackBerry for using DR in the first place. (Talk about rationalization!)

Ubizmo, you're the philosophy professor. :-) If you're reading this, what is my ethical responsibility here?
    gokulesh likes this.
    08-07-15 10:26 PM
    I ordered it Tuesday, immediate CC charge, and then couldn't find order online at ShopBB. Called DR Thursday and they said order was in process, no other info. Called again today, Friday, same answer, so I said to cancel the order. DR said they'd try but probably too late to cancel. After reading some comments about defects in the SE, I decided to forget about the SE altogether, but then I changed my mind and decided to try it.

I'm going away early next week, so today I ordered it Next Day Delivery from Amazon (no free accessories package), and I'll get it tomorrow, Saturday. Then tonight I got an email from DR with a FedEx tracking number, scheduled delivery Tuesday, signature required. That's a full week after order, not the two days promised.

Bottom line, I'll have two Silver Passports, one opened from Amazon, one unopened from DR with free accessories that I'll get when I return from my trip. If there's a problem with the Amazon phone, I'll have no hesitation about returning it. If no problem, I've got the ethical dilemma of whether to take the DR phone so I can keep the accessories, and return the Amazon phone, slightly used, which Amazon will let me do if I pay the shipping ($5). I don't normally do that sort of thing, although in this case the loss will likely be Blackberry's and not Amazon's, especially if there's the slightest defect in the Amazon BB--I think of it as the just punishment of BlackBerry for using DR in the first place. (Talk about rationalization!)

Ubizmo, you're the philosophy professor. :-) If you're reading this, what is my ethical responsibility here?
    What kind of Silver Edition defects are you talking about? And yeah Digital Rivers is absolutely the worse company in history. I hate it and I've had really bad experiences with them. Good thing I waited till Amazon was live. Ordered it Friday morning. Getting it Saturday(Tomorrow). On it's way now. Amazon on the other hand has everything on lock down. If you return your item with Amazon the second they got confirmation that their package is on it's way they do the refund on your bank. It won't post until your bank approved it, of course. But if you return your device with Digital River you have to wait 2-3 business days for the Shipping Label. After that wait 5-7 Business days for it to get to the Warehouse. And then wait 5-7 business days for the refund to be initiated. And depending on your bank 1-3 days for it to post. All in all, about a month. People, don't use ShopBlackBerry. Trust me.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling and KenV54 like this.
    08-08-15 12:45 AM
    What kind of Silver Edition defects are you talking about? And yeah Digital Rivers is absolutely the worse company in history. I hate it and I've had really bad experiences with them. Good thing I waited till Amazon was live. Ordered it Friday morning. Getting it Saturday(Tomorrow). On it's way now. Amazon on the other hand has everything on lock down. If you return your item with Amazon the second they got confirmation that their package is on it's way they do the refund on your bank. It won't post until your bank approved it, of course. But if you return your device with Digital River you have to wait 2-3 business days for the Shipping Label. After that wait 5-7 Business days for it to get to the Warehouse. And then wait 5-7 business days for the refund to be initiated. And depending on your bank 1-3 days for it to post. All in all, about a month. People, don't use ShopBlackBerry. Trust me.

Posted via CB10
    Got mine from Amazon. No defects. (there were reports of keyboard issues, poorly fitting Sim cover, and a couple others i can't recall. Mine seems to be free of any of those.

Yes, Digital River is to be avoided if possible.
    08-08-15 11:31 PM
    shopblackberry is hopeless, i ordered mine on early morning 6th, received order confirmation and shipping details together on Friday night 8th, tracking details showing Tuesday (11th) delivery, I paid extra for express delivery !!
    08-09-15 12:23 AM
    Got mine from Amazon. No defects. (there were reports of keyboard issues, poorly fitting Sim cover, and a couple others i can't recall. Mine seems to be free of any of those.

Yes, Digital River is to be avoided if possible.
    Yeah I agree. I find my phone to be good on keyboard and everything else. Enjoying it.

Posted with my BlackBerry Passport.
    08-09-15 05:33 AM
    Just found out that when my order got to Memphis Tennessee , the box was empty. Took an hour on the phone with shopblackberry and FedEx to find that out. Shopblackberry kept giving me the runaround trying to convince me that it's shipping today (it "shipped" on the 4th) and then saying that it's arriving today. Their customer service is one of the worst. I have learned my lesson (again) and will never order from them again. Hopefully, one day, I'll receive my new SE Passport. Sigh.

08-10-15 09:34 AM
    Just found out that when my order got to Memphis Tennessee , the box was empty. Took an hour on the phone with shopblackberry and FedEx to find that out. Shopblackberry kept giving me the runaround trying to convince me that it's shipping today (it "shipped" on the 4th) and then saying that it's arriving today. Their customer service is one of the worst. I have learned my lesson (again) and will never order from them again. Hopefully, one day, I'll receive my new SE Passport. Sigh.

Using digital river is a hit or miss, and in the past, mostly a miss. On this occasion my order, communication and delivery went well. Amazon has consistently set the customer service bar high in my experience.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-10-15 10:59 AM
    I recommend everyone twit JC and BlackBerry on the continuing crappie service.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 11:47 AM
    Rawr. I ordered mine with express shipping through ShopBlackberry on friday night and got Order Confirmation email saturday afternoon but no shipping confirm yet. I would have done Amazon but I wasn't sure what the deal was with "claiming manufacturer warranty" that they had written on the page, and when I tried to "ask a question" on the page they emailed me yesterday saying it was never answered (and thus had closed?) I'm here in NYC, hope it just shows up soon.
    Sidenote - any tips for migrating from iOS? I know about Device Switch and Google Sync, and I see apps that can manage my itunes (ugh) library of non-protected music files. I would love some iMessage threads to migrate over too but I know that's a lot to ask for.
    08-10-15 03:25 PM

I'm not seeing any ethical dilemma. Amazon gives you the right to return the phone, for whatever reason. That's built into their pricing and cost structure. That structure is based on certain assumptions, including the assumption that a certain percentage of people will return phones for various reasons, not all of which Amazon might actually approve of. You don't have a responsibility to return the phone only for the "right" reasons, even though that's clearly what you're used to doing. It's just business, and Amazon wouldn't hesitate for a New York minute to apply the same principles to you, if the situation were somehow reversed.

Go and sin no more!
    08-11-15 03:42 PM
    Ordered late Friday night. Got shipping confirmed early this am from Indianapolis, and delivered at noon today, in Alberta Canada! Cant wait to get home. Wife sent this picture

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Silver Edition Shipping Date (ShopBB US)-13141.jpg  
    swishhh, Racing24 and anon7971822 like this.
    08-11-15 03:46 PM
    Amazon will send your returned phone to another buyer, either as a pre-owned or open box sale. Its expected that some phones will be returned.
    08-11-15 03:52 PM
    Ordered late Friday night. Got shipping confirmed early this am from Indianapolis, and delivered at noon today, in Alberta Canada! Cant wait to get home. Wife sent this picture

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Great photo!
    08-11-15 03:53 PM
    Got mine today.
    Silver Edition Shipping Date (ShopBB US)-img_20150811_121631.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 04:14 PM
62 123